Jan 20, 2014
Round 15 - Singapore Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 12

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 5th February 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Marina Bay Street Circuit
Laps: 31

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Informed No Shows:
@CragglesD
@Kris Banucha

Last edited by a moderator:

Defiant195

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
I feel this is my best race and my favourite track. Please please please nobody use me as a crash mat.

P.S. Still won't finish in the points unless a lot of you quick guys have disasters!

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

blake300892

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Got a good record around here in previous games, more so because I've managed to keep my nose clean whilst others have had incidents, but a lot of that was also without the SC to bunch things up again.

That was also the plan in Baku of course before bring smashed into a DNF on lap 1....

Looking forward to it.

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Singapore. Good track for me but then again, Hungary and Belgium were good tracks for me and look at what happened there.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Honestly not sure what to expect, street circuits haven't been that good for me so far this season. Monaco I was just about competitive and got points, Baku a race I was had high hopes for turned into a 1 lap disaster.

As far as I'm concerned surviving the race (Singapore) is the first priority and being error free is the second, though if your error free then surviving goes with it. (or should do):angelic:

It's just a flat out sprint race here, tyre wear has no role to play from what i've just seen..
While I agree with that to some extent, there's one issue with calling it a flat out sprint race - this will be the longest race of the season for us (providing you finish), Monza took under 40 minutes to finish, Singapore is the polar opposite and will take over 55 minutes and that's not including SC's.

dFlashAshb

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 3, 2016
Honestly not sure what to expect, street circuits haven't been that good for me so far this season. Monaco I was just about competitive and got points, Baku a race I was had high hopes for turned into a 1 lap disaster.

As far as I'm concerned surviving the race (Singapore) is the first priority and being error free is the second, though if your error free then surviving goes with it. (or should do):angelic:

While I agree with that to some extent, there's one issue with calling it a flat out sprint race - this will be the longest race of the season for us (providing you finish), Monza took under 40 minutes to finish, Singapore is the polar opposite and will take over 55 minutes and that's not including SC's.
31 laps intense, i got bored of the strain earlier so haven't completed the 50% distance yet :p Don't seem to be catching anyone online who seems keen for a practise either..

Joost

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 13, 2016
What are the taptimes that you set on the track?

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
So much oversteer under braking when going into the hairpin before the straight in sector 2.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
So much oversteer under braking when going into the hairpin before the straight in sector 2.
I'm simply having no fun around here, its way to easy to put it in the wall if your a tad to aggressive with the throttle.

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I'm simply having no fun around here, its way to easy to put it in the wall if your a tad to aggressive with the throttle.
Early upshifts are key here. Especially on this game. I've had to develop a bit of a @Seiyariu style to get through sector 2 without wrecking my rear tyres.

Last edited:

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Social race tonight at 8pm if anyone is interested? I need as much track time as possible. I'm really weak here.