PS4 - Round 15 - Singapore GP - [5/2/17 - 8pm GMT] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 15 - Singapore GP - [5/2/17 - 8pm GMT]

syluntbob

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 22, 2016
Binned it on the last lap trying to pass a slow dale on very worn tyres! Could have been worse. P8

Donks

F1 1st Driver
Jan 6, 2015
@Defiant195 think it was me that hit your rear on first lap after the first drs straight. Sorry. Will put up video. @sennaboy. Completely took me out as well... bye bye Singapore....

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Did anybody else have a bug with the mini-map? My dot was invisible. I could only see everybody else's dots. It was pretty weird.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Well that was a bit different, when I saw the weather forecast for the race during qualy my first reaction was basically like this:
Certainly made the race a lot tougher as well, I'll do my race report in a bit but want to say commiserations to @blake300892 he put in a superb drive tonight and didn't deserve to crash out at the end, also fair play to Don for calling for rain tonight.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Did anybody else have a bug with the mini-map? My dot was invisible. I could only see everybody else's dots. It was pretty weird.
Yeah I noticed that myself, that really confused me when I was in the pits and you passed me yet no dot was in sight.:wtf:
Though something that did catch my eye during the SC period, I had 2 SC dots on the map with one at the front and one in the middle of the pack, I can only assume the SC in the middle was you.:confused: Don't know why the game would make you a SC dot, but once the SC pitted the other SC dot disappeared as well, that may be the explanation of why your dot disappeared.

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Yeah I noticed that myself, that really confused me when I was in the pits and you passed me yet no dot was in sight.:wtf:
Though something that did catch my eye during the SC period, I had 2 SC dots on the map with one at the front and one in the middle of the pack, I can only assume the SC in the middle was you.:confused: Don't know why the game would make you a SC dot, but once the SC pitted the other SC dot disappeared as well, that may be the explanation of why your dot disappeared.
Very strange. I've never experienced that before

• Agree
Reactions: Wobbuffet

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Drove my heart out today.

Qualified 6th, was on to go 1.2s quicker with my final lap but got a cut on the final chicane of the lap.

Another good start and I think I was up to 2nd or 3rd half way around, then I locked up at the end of the back straight having forgotten to change my brake bias so instead of trying to get round on a wide angle potentially hitting the barrier I went down the escape round and quickly lit the rears up to spin around. SC emerged just after I recovered in 8th so got bunched back up again.

Hybrid set up seemed to work well, still lacked the raw dry pace but seemed to be the fastest person on intermediates. Gained the lead at this point, was going to go 2x US but knowing rain was coming back but not sure how far before the end, I went with SS on the assumption of stopping late for wets again, instead it was nearly getting to the end on them.

Defending lap after lap in dry conditions
and some good battles before Ash eventually got me as the tyres were becoming a handful.

Start of the penultimate lap I break my wing, 20s gap back to 3rd, decide to be brave and try and limp home. Probably could have done but the rain made it even harder.

Final lap, mid way around, car just slides straight on into the wall. Heartbreaking, but tolerable given how fun the race was and being at front.

My first lap after the SC was sweet as hell.

Went from about 7th to 2nd.
Unlucky mate

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Q: 15th
R: DNF
Well...that was no fun at all. Got 2 drive through penaltys for falling too far behind SC, crew cheif told me to go to Inters. Pitted when SC came to get out of the way of people (was in 5th), changed to Inters and came out on track with no control... Damaged my wing badly, tried to get back to pits with warning that I have to serve my drive through within 2 laps. Crew cheif, again, had a change of strategy and then on the bridge (the dry bit) the car snapped on me an there went front right...:banghead:

Next up is the Re-run of Canada, can't say that I look forward to that one either.
Got those penalties too, M8.
Weird stuff all race. Pitty i couldn't get a clean lap in during quali. ( 42.1 penalized )
Hope you all, in front, had a good one. !~
Vid coming up.

Reactions: chris130256

Dale Stones

Formula 3 1st Driver
May 10, 2015
WHAT. A. RACE!

Qualy: 9th
Race: 5th

Qualy: First lap was a bit of a banker. Did not really push and knew I could do better. My fastest lap came right at the end and despite making a mistake early on, I picked up a lot of time in the middle sector allowing me to climb up into 9th.

Race: Rain! A dramatic start started by the game giving me a penalty for an illegal overtake despite the driver having spun off. A 5 second penalty at my next pit stop. Over the next couple of laps, a few drivers were involved in collisions, allowing me to climb through the field. Safety Car then came out allowing me to switch to inters. After Battling away, the track dries enough for slicks. Unfortunately on the outlap I clipped the barrier and damaged my front wing quite badly. Despite trying to continue, I just had to pit.

Exiting the pits on super softs, I come out behind @chris130256. After battling away for a bit, I manage to get past with the aid of DRS. Up into 9th. Next was Donks, who appeared as AI to me for some reason. Got past to take 8th. And I thought that would be it. Nothing was happening until @syluntbob68 pits, allowing me to take 7th. The gap stays around 7 seconds before the advantage of his fresh tyres starts to become noticeable. Lap 30 and now it gets interesting. My tyres are screwed and @syluntbob68 is now right behind me. I am struggling at every corner. The gap to the Ferrari's in front is closing as well. Was stuck between pushing or holding on. But one Ferrari goes wide, allowing me to take 6th. Blake retires giving me 5th. @syluntbob68 has spun off easing the pressure. Don Silva pits for inters putting me in 4th. But the with the rain coming down harder and harder, he manages to get the place back. In the end, I take 5th, which I am delighted with.

The last few laps were insane. Never concentrated so much while playing this game. Congrats to the winner and the other podium finishes. Gutted for @blake300892. A better result is coming mate!

Race Video:

dFlashAshb

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 3, 2016
Race Report

Qualy: P1

Gobsmacked to see dry qualy and wet race scenario. From what my forecast was showing it looked as if it would remain wet for the entire race with a chance of drying up at the end so i went with my wet setup which had softer brakes and a lot more downforce, however i was confident i could be up near the front with it despite never driving the wet setup in the dry. Couldn't believe the difference in pace down to @neil rutter and the rest of the guys, or that i broke into the 1:41's with it. Delighted with that, though in hindsight i wish i had gone with my dry setup as later on it caused me a lot of issues getting past @blake300892. Then again i may have binned it on the last lap with my dry setup as that was the most insane lap i've ever had to drive !

Race: P1

I was very confident coming into this race, i had hit mid 1:41's in qualy consistently in the my last few practises and watched some of the other guys in a practise just before and knew if it was a dry race i would probably be on the front row and with no issues a good shot at another win. The rain changed that, and i lost even more confidence when the pre race screen showed the weather clearing up a lot earlier than i had anticipated. I got a great start and was feeling quite good feeling my way around the first lap to the safety car. Despite the wet setup i was happy for this as i knew it would mean less sketchy laps in the rain before drying up and hopefully i could do the necessary in the dry.. Then the track dried up immediately which i didn't anticipate and so got jumped by 7 cars whilst pitting under the safety car. @OurRobOrRoss played a blinder here by i think changing tyres a lap earlier, i was kicking myself, but the track still seemed drenched and had Geoff not suggested it i probably would have kept going on the wets.

At this point it was anybody's race, but i seemed to get lucky with one of the slower drivers holding everyone up at the front still on wets which made a few passes up into 3rd relatively straight forwards. @OurRobOrRoss and @blake300892 were smashing in faster laps than i could manage and slowly opened up quite a nice buffer. Fortunately @blake300892 was already on form and holding @OurRobOrRoss off which must have been costing them loads of time, and once the super soft tyres went on i then ate into the gap and got onto their tails with plenty of laps to try to get past. I had under fuelled the car quite a lot at the start in the hope that the lower weight would help me not get caught up in a battle with people behind on the first laps, and despite the safety car was still in deficit to finish the race so i was running lean quite a lot once close to them to try and get a fuel buffer to make some moves. Tragically @OurRobOrRoss made an error and hit the wall out of turn 3, i think he needed a new wing after that as he seemed to be dropping back quite quickly and disappeared out of 3rd place. I'm not sure how many laps it took to get past @blake300892. I overtook him with DRS 5,6,7 times maybe and every time he was back up my inside or hanging in on the outside of the left hander following the straight, and sometimes side by side for the next 2 turns after that until each time he seemed to just edge me out. It was the most intense racing i've had on an F1 game for a long time and seemed to continue forever.. This was where my wet setup hampered me as once of his slipstream and past him i just didn't pull away enough by the corner to make the move stick. Eventually i did and got good drive out of the corner and saw the indicator slip in behind me and started to breath again.

I really struggled at the start of the run on the super softs. The traction was so sharp i kept cutting corners and got 2 time penalty's on the first 2 laps of the dry run. With 6 or so laps to go i wasn't feeling too confident about opening up a gap big enough to cover the time losses, and with rain on the way i didn't fancy my chances of even pulling away anymore once that happened. He hung onto me for 2 laps and i went back into fuel deficit trying to break him from the DRS limit and once i did that he dropped off, and then i presume his tyres started to wear as his times really started to drop and i knew the race was mine if i just crossed the line intact.. Not much to say about the last lap other than i think i would have finished faster pitting on lap 30 for inters to see the race out.

Was gutted for @blake300892 when i saw him drop out of 2nd. I'd lost interest in checking times as keeping the car out of the barriers was so hard but he really deserved 2nd place at least for his drive today. Also, i never knew what had happened to @neil rutter under the safety car till watching my footage just now and seeing him slam into the barrier in my mirror. Massively unlucky, and so easily done when the safety car is out and your guard drops for just a second. Congrats to @OurRobOrRoss and @DON SILVA who were not expecting good results but came up with them in horrific conditions, and massive shouts to @Marcus Lindblom on getting his first podium of the season. I didn't see much of you but i'm guessing you had a good drive and am stoked about that ! To be fair congrats are in order to anyone who finished, i'm sure you all found it as testing as i did ! Footage is uploading still so i'll stick it below later...

Sorry i forgot to record qualy, again ! The last couple of races have thrown circumstances i wasn't expecting out there and i can only think i was too in the zone to think about footage each time.. Race footage is entertaining at least this week, but will be a while as there wasn't a great deal not worthy of being in there and upload times are terrible :p

Race footage:

Last edited:

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q: 10th - Spent the first half of qualifying in the kitchen. I then crashed in S3 on my outlap and broke my front wing. Had to pit and only got to do one run. It was a rubbish lap which included me breaking half of my front wing in sector 3.

R: 4th

I started off very cautiously. I didn't mind losing a position or two in the first two corners. I was just desperate to not make any contact with anybody because front wing damage in the wet is a nightmare. At the end of the DRS straight, there was a bit of a pile up. @Donks , @Defiant195 and @pete day seemed to be involved in it. I saw Defiant spin into my path and had a major heart in mouth moment as he didn't seem to ghost until the last minute. Thankfully he did and I continued. Then the safety car came out. The engineer mentioned that the track was drying so I contemplated pitting for inters. He then offered me a strategy call and decided to pit along with several other guys. On the outlap on inters, I ran into the back of @syluntbob68 at the end of the DRS straight and was relieved that I hadn't damaged my wing. The safety car came in on that lap and we had managed to catch up to the back of the pack. Bob was really holding me up at the restart and I was eager to find a way past. @blake300892 managed to get past me with ease and bolted off. Myself and @Marcus Lindblom eventually got past Bob and I managed to hold him behind until it was time to switch to slicks at around lap 10. I kept Marcus behind for a few laps but eventually he got past and gradually gapped me. The majority of my SS stint was spent by myself with a gap to Marcus in front and @Wimstradamus behind. I was in P5 at the time until @OurRobOrRoss decided to pit for new SS tyres. He caught up to me very quickly. In hindsight I should have just let him pass since we weren't racing each other but after about 7-8 laps of driving by myself I wanted a battle. I held him behind for a bit but once he got past he was off into the distance. I eventually pitted for US tyres with about 9 laps of the race to go. I lost a position to @Wimstradamus but eventually caught him since his SS tyres were wearing. I did notice at the start of the race that the strategy screen said it would rain at the end of the race but as we edged closer to the end, the rain wasn't coming. Not until lap 28 anyway. I was quite cautious on lap 29 as I noted that the track was starting to get a bit damp. (I learnt the hard way at Germany where it rained in the last 2 laps) Lap 30 was ridiculous. I pitted for inters because I knew I'd have to drive so slow on slicks if I wanted to get the car home in one piece. I lost about 3 positions but gained a ridiculous amount of time on the guys who decided to brave the weather. I managed to get back to fourth by the end of sector 2 and then cruised home from there.

That as a very mentally demanding race. Congratulations to @dFlashAshb on the win as well as @OurRobOrRoss and @Marcus Lindblom on their podiums. Commiserations to @blake300892 as he seemed to have great pace today but crashed out at the end. Glad to be back in the points after bottling what I believed would have been a podium in Belgium and a dreadful drive in Italy. Onto Canada next week

Last edited:

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
If I broke my wing, I'd have been absolutely distraught

Reactions: syluntbob