PC - Round 16 - Japanese Grand Prix [18/02/18 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 16 - Japanese Grand Prix [18/02/18 8:00pm]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sjoelbakkie

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 21, 2017
Qualy: P5

Had a decent Qualy. Switched back onto the standard setup last second so I wasn't as quick on qualy pace. I hoped to make it up on race pace

Race: DNF

Start was great which put me 1 place up into P4

So the slipstream bug was present, I felt it right in lap 1 when I was behind @michal_miletin . Lap 2 he made a mistake going into T1 which made me go up into P3. I was creating a gap with P4 and closing the gap with @ulukbek in P2, which was great

Wanted to pit lap 9, but my teammate @LolFish42 pitted that lap, So i decided to pit lap 10. Came out behind @Jay, which was a bit annoying, but not too bad.

Then I had way more traction coming out of spoon, and again, no slipstream, so I couldn't pass him straightaway, but we were alongside eachother going into 130R, I was on the inside, and he just straight up Took me out by turning into me. Bit of a disappointment.
Don't know if it was intentional or not, but I will post it to the stewards ofcourse. No hard feelings though.

Here's My Video. The collision is at 45:40, but I probably have to cut out the F1 intro in a bit.

Last edited:

SexySpudflaps

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 8, 2016
If anybody has footage of warpy tipping me into a half spin at turn one lap 27, that’d be appreciated. It’s going in the stewards so I need some evidence ideally.

LolFish42

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 23, 2017
Q: P1
Two runs. Very pleased with a 1:28.868. It was the first sub-29 time I had done on this track, and I couldn't have wished for a better lap.

R: P1 SS/S (9)
Had a clean start, got off of the line well and was safe through turn one. Focused on building the gap to @ulukbek in P2 to over a second asap, then focused on consistency.
Slowly built the gap over the first stint to around three seconds. Had a clean stop and I came back out behind @SexySpudflaps and just in front of someone who I can't remember. Caught Spudflaps by the end of the lap, and fortunately for me, he pitted, as did everyone else in front of me. Then continued to slowly build the gap over the rest of the race. I did entertain the thought of pitting again for comfort, but ulukbek stayed out so I didn't risk it.

First fully clean race of the season for me, and it ends with a win; couldn't be happier!

Well done on the win @LolFish42 , I'd have had you, if I hadn't had you at turn one.
What happened? I didn't see or feel anything - turn one was completely clear for me.

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Q: P1
Two runs. Very pleased with a 1:28.868. It was the first sub-29 time I had done on this track, and I couldn't have wished for a better lap.

R: P1 SS/S (9)
Had a clean start, got off of the line well and was safe through turn one. Focused on building the gap to @ulukbek in P2 to over a second asap, then focused on consistency.
Slowly built the gap over the first stint to around three seconds. Had a clean stop and I came back out behind @SexySpudflaps and just in front of someone who I can't remember. Caught Spudflaps by the end of the lap, and fortunately for me, he pitted, as did everyone else in front of me. Then continued to slowly build the gap over the rest of the race. I did entertain the thought of pitting again for comfort, but ulukbek stayed out so I didn't risk it.

First fully clean race of the season for me, and it ends with a win; couldn't be happier!

What happened? I didn't see or feel anything - turn one was completely clear for me.
No prob, i clipped your rear taking right wing plane off. My fault

Reactions: LolFish42

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
I had one highlight in the race, though.Like who overtakes at 130R? I do.
I let out of the throttle at the actual corner, because I was too scared. Actually when I saw how tail-happy you were coming out of there, I was glad I did. We'd have probably crashed. I applaud you for your testicular capacity though.

EDIT: On your stream it seems less bad, but on my screen it looked like you had to catch a mighty slide to the right.

Sjoelbakkie

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 21, 2017

winchy33

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 22, 2017
Congratulations to @LolFish42 on the win!

Happy with that. Qualified in p10, which is the first time this season I've started in the top 10. Got a decent start up to 9th place.

Was behind @Clint58 and @Wombeto before I decided to stop lap 5. Managed to jump both of them following the first stint. Having to 2 stop put me further down as the race went on. In

Was able to maintain the gap to @Neil Bywater and pulled away to catch @Jay in P8. Nearly overtook at 130R going side by side, however pulled out in the hope to get by at the DRS zone a few corners after, but locked up at the chicane. After that, spent 7 laps trying to get past, due to some good defending from @Jay, Managed to overtake at the start of the final lap and bring it home in P8.

Otherwise happy with my pace, enjoyed that race a lot :) Just a relief to score some points after not scoring since Austria.

See you next week in @Kane Jr land

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Quali: 14th

Scruffy first run, 1:31.3 went to the 2nd flyer and was only .1 improving, so pitted for a second run. I have been hitting mid 1:30s so the 1:30.9 left some on the table. Would only have been good enough for 11th I think if I'd have aced it but that is a good position for me where I can choose the strategy and start on fresh tyres. My best in online was a 1:30.4, but coulda, woulda, shoulda.

Race: 9th (otr) M/SS (15)

Didn't get the expected attrition in front, I saw some from behind. I don't particularly enjoy this track, thankfully it was dry.

Got raped a few times under DRS, I think the only time I got it I nearly blew T1/T2 carrying the extra speed. This was always about resisting from behind after the pit stops but the biggest incident was the contact in 130R with @Sjoelbakkie earlier. I am sorry it ended your race. My own personal opinion is it's not the best place to attempt unless you get clear, but it's with the Stewards and why I haven't updated the results yet.

Running 8th in the final stages, I came under pressure from @winchy33 who bided his time to make the move. Probably the best time to overtake was on L27 and that's what he did. Good work mate.

I'm hoping for much better in the US but this league is so topsy-turvy at times.

Congratulations to @LolFish42 on the pole and win, @michal_miletin (and a few others) stopped you getting the fastest lap.

Reactions: Rienk and winchy33

Kiinako

S14 AOR PC F7 Champion
Sep 20, 2017
Stewards Panel Update:

Race results have been updated as there is a positional change. @Neil Bywater is promoted to 9th place.
Dang, now to win the championship in USA I have to win and Niel has to finish in 9th or lower. I don't think this is gonna work.
I guess the DC is for Mexico

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Dang, now to win the championship in USA I have to win and Niel has to finish in 9th or lower. I don't think this is gonna work.
I guess the DC is for Mexico
Sadly I didn't capitalise on your misfortune. I had serious race pace here. Dang it (USA ready)

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
Pre-race
Practice went ****, time trial went ****, setup felt ****, F2 went ****. Can you guess what I was expecting from this race?
Modified my setup about an hour before the race and practiced with that. It felt good pretty much everywhere except for dunlop, which was a nightmare. Also with that setup having 11 ballast to counter the low front wing, there was going to be a lot of catching to be done.

Qualy (P6)
Got my first 2 laps invalidated by cutting degner 1, so I loaded up for 2 more laps on my final stint. First lap went well, second not so much, so the first lap was my only hotlap. Quite happy to take P6 with that, seeing as I had an extra lap of fuel on board.

Race (P3, SS -> S)
Had a clean start for the first time in the past 2 weeks practicing on this track. Gained a position due to @Neil Bywater going off. Did the obligatory running wide in T1 on the 2nd lap, but didn't lose any positions. Tried to keep @Kiinako behind me for as long as possible, but eventually he wanted to go side-by-side in 130R, so I just gave it to him because I didn't want to crash. Raced on for a bit, until in lap 8 my screen froze for ~.3 of a second when going through degner 1, and automagically, @Clint58 was ahead of me. That was a bit frustrating, as I've been trying quite hard to keep him behind me the last few laps. Then in lap 9 I wanted to go a bit deep into the hairpin, so I could get a good exit. Unfortunately @Clint58 broke earlier than expected, and I chipped off some front wing. Since it was a lap before my pit-window anyways, I decided to pit that lap. It didn't cost me much, except the 6 seconds in the pit lane for the wing and perhaps the 1 lap fresher tires I would've gotten the next lap.

After my stop, I came out P13. The next lap I went past @TheEpicSnowWolf on the S/F straight to take P12. After a few laps I started catching up to @Wombeto. Struggled in his dirty air for a good number of laps, until I was right behind him going into turn 1. He had been lag-twitching back and forth for a while, but going towards turn 1, I had to go hard on the brakes before even going into the corner to avoid a lag-twitch. After I told him about this, he very kindly let me go past in the straight leading up to 130R. Really appreciate that dude. After that, it was catching up to @Clint58 in P4, becoming P3 when @winchy33 went into the pits. Unfortunately, this is when my tires really started to fall off. I had already pitted a lap earlier than expected, and I hadn't been very kind to these tires. I was struggeling a bit. I noticed after a few laps of hard pushing that I probably wasn't going to overtake him on track. Since I had 2 warnings at this point, I was just trying to keep within 3 seconds in the hope that he had a penalty. This worked until, me being a dumbass, I cut the 2nd part of the chicane on the last lap, and got a 3-second penalty. I was pretty much fuming now.

Then, on the end-race screen, I noticed that @Clint58 had a 10 second penalty, so probably 5 seconds for a non-taken stop-go, and I only finished 1.5 seconds behind him with 3 seconds worth of penalties. This looks to me like the penalty wasn't applied and I DID actually finish in 3rd after penalties. There is an enquiry open about that now. No hard feelings @Clint58 but I sweated a bit too hard in this race for 3rd place to be taken away by a bug.

EDIT: Stewards agreed. Got promoted to 3rd place.

Grats to @LolFish42 for his first win, solid performace, and once again thanks to @Wombeto for letting me by. Great sportsmanship, hope you didn't regret it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.