PS4 - Round 16 - Japanese Grand Prix (18/02/18 8:00pm) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 16 - Japanese Grand Prix (18/02/18 8:00pm)

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
Round 16 - Japanese Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 18th February 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Suzuka International Racing Circuit
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@RC Wallen

Questions to drivers:

1) Suzuka was the venue of many special events of F1 history, like title deciders, crashes and even fatal crashes. Which event has been the most significant touching for you?

2) Last season saw a fantastic fight for the lead, which resulted in the top 5 finishing within 2,5 seconds, do you expect a similarly close race here?

3) which of the drivers that dropped to reserve or had to retire mid season do you miss the most.

Predictions:
Pole:
1)
2)
3)
first to fly off to the gravel at degner 1:

to @wooly51 : undoubtably this season has been a disappointment so far and while you are steadiely improving, do you think you can start a late season charge like in S13 in Japan?

to @Aressi191 : no doubt you are the man to beat and you got finally back the pace that made you AOR champion in the first place. How did your results improved so much compared to the start of the season?

to @Alberto_222 : After securing your first AOR pole in Malaysia, but dropping a bit back in the race you come to a magical spot for you, where you secured your esport qualification. Do you think you can challenge for a win here, given how good your memories are of this track?

Last edited:

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
1) schumis title 2003 and kimis win 2005 are maybe the most memorable stuff from the races at suzuka for me

2) I dont think so, Aressi is in brilliant shape so i expect him to dominate the are

3) @Shellay and his former dog

Predictions:
Pole: @Aressi191
1) @Aressi191
2) @Alberto_222
3) @Rc-Alonso44
first to fly off to the gravel at degner 1: @RC Wallen

Reactions: Shellay

wooly51

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
1) Suzuka was the venue of many special events of F1 history, like title deciders, crashes and even fatal crashes. Which event has been the most significant touching for you?

I think the coronation of Mayor Noriko Suematsu in May 2011.

2) Last season saw a fantastic fight for the lead, which resulted in the top 5 finishing within 2,5 seconds, do you expect a similarly close race here?

Well, I was in that, and it was frustrating as **** as you can't overtake. I expect another close race for you guys.

3) which of the drivers that dropped to reserve or had to retire mid season do you miss the most.

Shellay. Former team mate and friend. Now he's dead to me.

Predictions:
Pole: Ben
1) Ollie
2) Me
3) Nervo
first to fly off to the gravel at degner 1: Ali

to @wooly51 : undoubtably this season has been a disappointment so far and while you are steadiely improving, do you think you can start a late season charge like in S13 in Japan?

Initially this would have been a hard question, because I had jacked it in after Malaysia. (when I quit, you know something is seriously wrong). But thanks to Drew I will remain until the end of the season, albeit usually drunk.

I find myself bottling the second lap in quali. The first run I always seem to end up right with Ollie and then the 2nd one I go out and it's like I have wet tyres on.

Once you start miles back. It's hard to get back into a good position. Especially if your car handles like a haddock covered in vaseline.

Ollie_D631

S14 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 1, 2016
Even though i wasn't alive at the time :lol: , has to be Senna and Prost at Suzuka in 1988

I think it should be a close one, unless @Aressi191 dominates :unsure:

Probably @Shellay . If not then @Gamer_DA_best262 who decided to race in PSGL F2 instead :eek:

Predictions:
Pole: @Alberto_222
1) @Alberto_222
2) @Aressi191
3) @Simo911
first to fly off to the gravel at degner 1: Chicken

SynTeTiC96

S15 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 14, 2017
I'll go with the others and say 2003 and 2005.
Not at all, @Aressi191 will absolutely destroy us.
@Shellay
Predictions:
1) @Aressi191
2) @Aressi191
3) @Aressi191

Aressi191

S13 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Premium Member
Aug 7, 2016

Yes gonna be tight race.

Jthorn, had much good battles with him.

Predictions:
Pole: Nervo
1) Syntetic
2) Rc-alonso
3) Ali

to @Aressi191 : no doubt you are the man to beat and you got finally back the pace that made you AOR champion in the first place. How did your results improved so much compared to the start of the season?

Many reasons. After changing wheel started to feel much more comfortable in this game also been more lucky I guess.

Alberto_222

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 8, 2017
to @Alberto_222 : After securing your first AOR pole in Malaysia, but dropping a bit back in the race you come to a magical spot for you, where you secured your esport qualification. Do you think you can challenge for a win here, given how good your memories are of this track?

Of course I'll try doing my best but this is not a track that I love. I just hope to have fun and enjoy the race. Have no much time to practise so I'm going to have a defensive race

Predictions:
1)@Aressi191
2)@Ollie_D631
3)@SynTeTiC96
first to fly off to the gravel at degner 1: @Alberto_222

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
abscent because of exam preparation

wooly51

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
I'm very salty about that one.

1 lag spike and 1 divebomb received meant I had to change wings twice. My pace was incredibly good throughout and for once I had a car I could drive, which was evident in the fact I went from 14th to 5th during the opening stint.

Ah well, see I can be not **** if I put my mind to it. It's just frustrating when it's out of my control. I reckon I would have been with BigC and Ali at the end for sure.

SynTeTiC96

S15 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 14, 2017
Quali: p5. Made a mistake in the last corner which cost me a tenth but other than that i was quite happy with the lap. The first three where way to quick.
Race: My race pace was absolutely rapid. Unfortunately i couldnt use it cause i had no straight line speed, so i had to be patient and hope that the others make mistakes which didnt happen (well done to @Ollie_D631 and @Simo911 ) I chose not to divebomb Simo simply because the risk was higher than the reward. Especially in the rain it was really hard to spot the breaking points and a destroyed wing could have been the difference between 12 points and none.
so congrats to @XxCarrexX06 (i think with clear air my pace wouldnt have been that much slower, but still amazing speed), @Ollie_D631 and @Simo911 , btw it feels like i'm battling simo and olli nearly every race lol

Reactions: Ollie_D631

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
@ShaqzzEU what was going on with your rac,e on the stream your car was all over the shop

wooly51

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
Quali - 14th. My first run was affected by me turning into T1 on the grass. and i ended up doing a 33.2 first sector, which lost 1.6 off the leaders, so the rest of the lap I knew would be very good if I didn't cut. Unfortunately I ran wide at Degner two on the second run and then the car alarm went off so I looked out the window down the backstraight and drove into the wall.

Race - Hell of a start, p14 to p9 by the end of the first sector, made it as high as 7th in the opening stint before I lagged into the back of Harry and broke my wing. My pace was sufficient enough to be able to sit behind BigC and trundle in that 7th place before realising I needed to pit sooner rather than later because if Ollie pitted I'd need to go round again. I pitted for meds and came out 6th once Alberto pitted, which then became 5th as we passed a rejoining Ali Kidd. Alberto then divebombed into the hairpin which wasn't really needed as I left him room, which broke another wing and I had to pit again.

My pace and car was really good today. Combine that by losing 14 seconds in stops for front wings and starting right at the back, I'm fairly satisfied with today, could have ran with Bigc for 5th at the end I feel as the softs went away.

Aressi191

S13 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Premium Member
Aug 7, 2016
Quali 1st

Very happy with the lap after struggling to do even 27.5 before the session.

Race 6th

Horrible start lost two positions in first corner. Then got stop & go for cutting corner. Some laps after pitstop looked like track is dry so started to push but I was wrong and spun in degner 2. After this had nice battle with wooly and alberto. Rest of the race driving alone.

Congrats to XxCarrexX06 for win also to Ollie and Simo for other podium.