Jan 14, 2014
Round 16 - Japanese Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 18th February 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Suzuka International Racing Circuit
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Alright I've decided to stay with my parents this weekend, instead of coming home for the race. Have been sick for a few days now, and it's not looking like I'll be getting better before the race tonight. Also don't feel like setting in public transport for 3 hours feeling like **** :p

I'll probably also miss next week's race - because I'll be moving into a new place (again). Should be able to watch the races (if someone's streaming), and update the results and all that immediately after the race like usual.

As asual, make sure you add @Jipper on Steam - it's probably also a good idea to add a couple others on Steam as well (I'm sure most of you already have though).
@Ido Zinder - my Renault is available for you tonight, so make sure you're online and ready to go on time :)

Good luck guys, and see you later!

Reactions: Jipper

Niek van Gelder

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 29, 2015
Alright I've decided to stay with my parents this weekend, instead of coming home for the race. Have been sick for a few days now, and it's not looking like I'll be getting better before the race tonight. Also don't feel like setting in public transport for 3 hours feeling like **** :p

I'll probably also miss next week's race - because I'll be moving into a new place (again). Should be able to watch the races (if someone's streaming), and update the results and all that immediately after the race like usual.

As asual, make sure you add @Jipper on Steam - it's probably also a good idea to add a couple others on Steam as well (I'm sure most of you already have though).
@Ido Zinder - my Renault is available for you tonight, so make sure you're online and ready to go on time :)

Good luck guys, and see you later!
Oh that’s a pity man, get well soon

• Friendly
Reactions: TheVerenzak

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
I just love when a wall appears right in front of you when you go into the pits. Great game, great job Codemasters....

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
Qualifying - P8.
Got sort of blocked on my best lap, could have been P6.

Race - DNF
Bad start, setup was no where near what I had been doing social races and practice races in terms of grip for some odd reason. I had a few close to crash moments that I saved, but I was too eager on the throttle on T2, which I found pretty weird because I had applied around that amount of throttle previous laps, that was me into the barriers. Pretty pissed about this one, only me to blame though. :/

Video:

Highlights: 18:33, 19:40, 20:34, 22:48

Last edited:

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
.. well it turned visible in the middle of the track.
That's BS. I felt as if the whole session was bugged to be honest. Car felt very weird and as soon as I was behind someone, even if I got a better exit, I didn't gain any time..

ApplePhysics

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 23, 2017
Starting to feel a bit cheesed off with this game, now...

Quali - 1:26.868 - 0th :cool: - During my lap I had a connection issue that gave me a lap time of 1:26. Unfortunately this seemed to make some members of the lobby unhappy with my lap so, with permission from @Jipper , I manually disqualified myself in order to remove the time. This meant I started from last.

Race - 9th - lost part of my wing with a little incident with @Levingston off the line. from there, my wing didn't get repaired at the pitstop so I had to do 20+ laps on mediums with a damaged front wing. Came in towards the end for supers and went for fastest lap, which I got. With some of the leading drivers not having such a good race, I feel I could have challenged for the podium again, today; especially seeing as my fastest lap - 1:30.698 - would have put me in P11 in qualifying, which considering it was done in the race and with several extra laps of fuel isn't too bad.

Well done @Niek van Gelder for your first win and @Jipper and @Snook for completing the podium!

Last edited:

Levingston

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 15, 2017
Qualy - P14
Could not put any lap on the time board, got blocked unfortunately, and my 2nd lap was compromised because of cutting the track.

Race - P10
I had a bad start, lots of wheelspin. Unluckily I had an incident with @ApplePhysics which caused me to lose the right side of my front wing, I guess he also had damage. Suddenly the plan changed, so I decided to take a longer stint of 13 laps instead of 10 laps with the softs than the plan was to take another set of softs and drive 10 laps with it. My first stint was going according to the plan (with %70 worn softs). The new soft felt really good so I posted a purple first sector which made me to have too much confidence that I spun on the second degna, squeezing the throttle too early. After that I lost my full FW and unfortunately the only proper unused set was fresh mediums. Fortunately for me @schumizeu pitted and with the penalties applied I was able to clinch the last point of the race. Yet it is a bum that I had a chance to be 8th or 7th.

After seeing my pace on this race, maybe next race it'll go better.

Last edited:
Reactions: ApplePhysics

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
Q-7th
R-4th

I put in a reasonable fist lap in qualifying, but was improving by half a second on my second lap, unfortunately i made a mistake in the last corner and lost the lap, could have been on the front row if it hadn't have been for that. Race start was slow as usual, got through the first few laps safely, I made a good overtake on @Andrei Ivan and by my pitstop, I was running 3rd. I made a undercut on @Jipper and was running second for a while. Then @schumizeu managed to get past which allowed @Snook to pass aswell. I re-passed @schumizeu a lap later due to a mistake. I pitted agan which I expected everyone else to do, at this point I was 5th. I made a pass on @Nutzernutzt with a few laps to go, I don't know if we made contact or not but if I did then I apologize, I didn't feel any contact but I did notice that he fell a few seconds back. Overall could have been better if I got my strategy right, but my best race of the season with no penalties or track limit warnings. My POV is below:

Reactions: Andrei Ivan

Snook

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Dec 16, 2017
Qualy P6

I think @ApplePhysics should apply for Split 1 after that excellent 1:26 ;).

Race P3

This is so far the most difficult race I had because both Force India's and both Mercedes's were fighting for the remaining podium positions. 1st place was not a possibility with @Niek van Gelder disappearing into the distance.

At the end, I think the difference maker was consistency. I managed to make it all the way up to P2 after capitalising on little mistakes made by drivers in front of me but on the penultimate lap I made a mistake of my own and @Jipper got past me for P2. He was the faster driver at that point so it doesn't bother me too much.

Well done to @Niek van Gelder for his first win, it was well deserved.

Niek van Gelder

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 29, 2015
Qualy P6

I think @ApplePhysics should apply for Split 1 after that excellent 1:26 ;).

Race P3

This is so far the most difficult race I had because both Force India's and both Mercedes's were fighting for the remaining podium positions. 1st place was not a possibility with @Niek van Gelder disappearing into the distance.

At the end, I think the difference maker was consistency. I managed to make it all the way up to P2 after capitalising on little mistakes made by drivers in front of me but on the penultimate lap I made a mistake of my own and @Jipper got past me for P2. He was the faster driver at that point so it doesn't bother me too much.

Well done to @Niek van Gelder for his first win, it was well deserved.
Thank you man :) It was a strong drive by you as well considering all the battling you had to get through!

• Happy
Reactions: Snook