PC - Round 16 - Japanese Grand Prix [18/02/2018 08:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 16 - Japanese Grand Prix [18/02/2018 08:00PM]

Niek van Gelder

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 29, 2015
Starting to feel a bit cheesed off with this game, now...

Quali - 1:26 - 0th :cool: - During my lap I had a connection issue that gave me a lap time of 1:26. Unfortunately this seemed to make some members of the lobby unhappy with my lap so, with permission from @Jipper , I manually disqualified myself in order to remove the time. This meant I started from last.

Race - 9th? - lost part of my wing with a little incident with @Levingston off the line. from there, my wing didn't get repaired at the pitstop so I had to do 20+ laps on mediums with a damaged front wing. Came in towards the end for supers and went for fastest lap, which I got. With some of the leading drivers not having such a good race, I feel I could have challenged for the podium again, today; especially seeing as my fastest lap - [insert time] - would have put me in [position] in qualifying.

Well done @Niek van Gelder for your first win and @Jipper and @Snook for completing the podium!
Thanks!

• Friendly
Reactions: ApplePhysics

Niek van Gelder

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 29, 2015
Q: 1st
R: 1st

An absolutely perfect race for me, qualifying went vey well and I managed to clinch pole position, then in the race my start was perfect, managing to maintain the lead into turn 1, after that I just got into my rythm and I was able to drive my laps without any interuptions and pulling away from the rest of the field. I didn't put a foot wrong, I don't think I've missed 1 apex during the race and I was really in the groove, even the pitstop was perfect ;P In the end I'm really happy with this victory! I would also like to congratulate @Jipper and my teammate @Snook with the podium, they drove well in this race too.

Last edited:

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Qualy P3

Qualy session unfortunately was disrupted by a new member, so had to do a second lap on 1st qualy tyres, went out again and was 4 tenths up but made a mistake at spoon, then another mistake at triangle chicane and ended up only being 1 tenth faster, but was happy with P3

Race p2
The first part of the race was frustrating as i was stuck behind a desperate and struggling @schumizeu, constantly making mistakes and rejoining right in my path, which meant @Niek van Gelder was slowly creeping away and the cars behind were on my tail, every time i tried to overtake @schumizeu he barges into the side of me pushing me away, overly aggressive driving is just ridiculous this late in the season, Eventually his struggles put him off the track in turn 2 and i passed him, although he did try to block me from doing so but i managed to avoid him, from there i was trying to chase down @Niek van Gelder in P1 but this stint's tyres were shot for pace, so went to lap 10 and pitted for the Softs.

2 cars managed to get the Undercut on me, and then i made a mistake and lost another place and we were all fighting each other, which held up my pace for quite some time, eventually and i managed to pass them and scott pitted for Supers but was too late to catch @Niek van Gelder after i eventually passed @Snook after chasing him down for many laps we had a very nice battle which was very fair and clean, a few drivers could learn a thing or two from Snook on how to defend cleanly.
@Niek van Gelder who drove flawlessly, congrats on the win! overall im happy with the result.

Unfortunatly @Flips didnt have a good race and we were unable to have a fight on track, after a bump on the start finished straight his car appeared to hit the grass then spin out?

POV:

Last edited:

R.A.J.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Q 11
R 6
Qualy
Wasn't great but at least I didn't get blocked nor did I block

Race
Once again didn't have FFB at the start, pulled off to the side to reset the wheel, dropped to the back and was about 15 seconds behind everyone else, again :cry:
So started the playing catch up game again.
Lap 3 had to take to the gravel to avoid xPsycoBunny who binned it into the wall, wasn't going to take the chance that he was going to ghost.
Steadily gain some places, had @Ronnin1978 chasing me down and on lap 13 going though the esses for some reason I dropped down one gear too many and had a minor wiggle and he got past. As I recovered that I saw @Andrei Ivan was right there so I tried to stay to the right but he slowed down so I carried on, sorry about that if I scared you a bit. He got me under DRS the next lap anyway.
Was amazed at how long the softs lasted and didn't pit until the end of lap 19 for SS which took me to the end, driving around all by myself :sleep: but got 6th place and 8 points so that is good.

Reactions: TheVerenzak

Andrei Ivan

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 28, 2016
Q 11
R 6
Qualy
Wasn't great but at least I didn't get blocked nor did I block

Race
Once again didn't have FFB at the start, pulled off to the side to reset the wheel, dropped to the back and was about 15 seconds behind everyone else, again :cry:
So started the playing catch up game again.
Lap 3 had to take to the gravel to avoid xPsycoBunny who binned it into the wall, wasn't going to take the chance that he was going to ghost.
Steadily gain some places, had @Ronnin1978 chasing me down and on lap 13 going though the esses for some reason I dropped down one gear too many and had a minor wiggle and he got past. As I recovered that I saw @Andrei Ivan was right there so I tried to stay to the right but he slowed down so I carried on, sorry about that if I scared you a bit. He got me under DRS the next lap anyway.
Was amazed at how long the softs lasted and didn't pit until the end of lap 19 for SS which took me to the end, driving around all by myself :sleep: but got 6th place and 8 points so that is good.

There... because you reduced very much on the straight...i knocked you and my front wing goes yellow....that's it