Dec 9, 2016
Round 16 - Japanese Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 18th February 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Suzuka International Racing Circuit
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Track Guide

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Amstar27

Last edited:

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
2 weeks break before this one. Take some time to clear your mind guys and come back in a good shape !

Reactions: Dobby

Sabba7h

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 26, 2017
One thought remains in the back of my head going into this one: unless Dobby DNFs, it's game over. Too many points behind in the standings to have a shot at the title.

Well, I'm happy I was able to find my feet in this championship. I went from P14 to P2 in the standings, and that's good enough for me. Now I just want to finish my season with a 50% podium rate.

GG Dobby. If I had been able to grow as fast as you did, things could be different.

• Friendly

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
I'm struggling so much to find a good setup for a balanced and stable car around this track. I like Suzuka in 2017, but man, it's harsh to save some time on your runs

_d4Mn_

Pro Karter
Dec 6, 2017
Yeehaw!!! FIRST POLE but a realistic 3rd place :D Going out for a beer now... :D

Last edited:

Kevin Kalt

Formula Karter
Aug 31, 2017
im happy with the race. Absolutly no incident and a flawless race besindes ine stupid corner where i got distracted because jeff suggested an alternate strategy..

At least @Saketh could finally pass me that way. Didnt want a faster car behind me anyways, but i couldnt just let you pass because i tryed to backup @Steffe.

What winge wers u using? i had 3/10 with 10 ballast,

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
Qualy : 8th
Could have gone faster, didn't manage. **** it

Race : 9th SS/M/S
Got pushed away from the racing line by @Bobo going into the hairpin on lap 1 whereas we were side by side. Got me an orange front wing needing repair on the first lap. Managed to claw back my way up to 9th. Too bad we didn't have more laps, I was homing in on @Kevin Kalt

Congratz on your WDC @Dobby the bitch !

Last edited:

_d4Mn_

Pro Karter
Dec 6, 2017
Qualy : 1st - First pole ever! :D
I dont think many people realised that the rain was easing with every minute, so I tried to do my 2nd flying lap as late as it was possible. Worked.

Race : 3rd SS / S
Return got a fantastic start and passed me easily in T1. I didnt want to defend too hard as I'm more like a bottling driver :). I was soo nervous when Dobby passed me, tried to stay out of his way as much as I could, didnt want to decide the championship with a silly accident. Didnt realise that Sabath was so close to him and tried to stick in somewhere in Sector 1, felt that he hit my back and was like "NOOOO he must have got a front wing damage" (Fortunately he didnt). At the end of sector 1, let him pass me too. When I realised later on that he is not that much faster than me, started to push him and did an undercut in the pits. 2nd place was bottled, he was like 2.3seconds behind already. In Lap 21, my wife was ringing me constantly on skype and didnt even hear the engine sound. She kept me ringing till the end of the race after that. Sabath overtook me in sector 2 in the final lap, I accedintaly breaked too late and hit him a bit, but fortunately didnt cause too much trouble. Still happy with the 3rd place. 2 podiums in 3 races, wouldnt have thought when I joined :)

Thezz

Pro Karter
Dec 12, 2016
So i dident participat las night firstly because I’m too dumb to learn how to drive on a controller or something hahaha can’t complete a lap without cutting a corner or crashing, secondly I had pneumonia back in August and it fucked my immune systems up quite badly so I frequently have colds and **** like that so dident feel to well last night either. @Hinyaldee

• Informative
Reactions: Hinyaldee

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
@Saketh What kind of cheat code did you use ? You appeared twice on my result screen after the race !