XB1 - Round 16 - Japanese Grand Prix [18/2/18 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 16 - Japanese Grand Prix [18/2/18 8:00pm]

Jack_w

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 21, 2016
Won't be able to make it tonight unfortunately as I'm going out later and when I get back I've got a load of coursework to finish

• Informative
Reactions: BosslyGaming

TchoukMaster22

? XB1 S1 Touring Cars Pro Champion
Jun 13, 2017
Lads can't make it tonight. Way too much University work to do for a deadline on Tuesday. Enjoy a banterless race without me

• Informative
Reactions: BosslyGaming

nemura

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Oct 12, 2016
I see that I need to put some time for driving in wet and to work with my race pace....

nemura

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Oct 12, 2016
I though so but it wasn't enough. I think we are very similar pace tier and every small mistakes costs.
The idea to start with softs was good but I made a pit stop too late. While I was driving behind you I made a stop same lap as you because I thought 14 seconds will be enough to prepare a pitlane but it wasn't so I lost about 2 seconds. Also @TheGiant19 pitted 2 laps earlier and he jumped me by over 8 seconds.

Im_an_eagle

S14 AOR XB1 F5 Champion
Feb 10, 2017
I though so but it wasn't enough. I think we are very similar pace tier and every small mistakes costs.
The idea to start with softs was good but I made a pit stop too late. While I was driving behind you I made a stop same lap as you because I thought 14 seconds will be enough to prepare a pitlane but it wasn't so I lost about 2 seconds. Also @TheGiant19 pitted 2 laps earlier and he jumped me by over 8 seconds.
You probably would’ve been better pitting a lap earlier and getting the undercut. I only went to 17 because I didn’t really have much to lose and was just kinda chilling

TheGiant19

GP2 1st Driver
Apr 19, 2017
Yeah I'm surprised you left it as late as you did, as we had fresh tyres from the start you could have easily got 11/12 laps like I did on the supers, and once I'd pitted to get the undercut I definitely thought you'd respond the next lap, especially as I'd caught you in the laps leading up to that and you seemed to be struggling on your tyres

nemura

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Oct 12, 2016
Yeah it was a tactical mistake... I thought i will tell you what I thought in race time about the tactics but i decided not to because it was too stupid :D
And also statistics... Two redbull drivers can't get a good result :D