PS4 - Round 16 - Russian Grand Prix - 10th February 2019 [8:00pm (UK time)] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 16 - Russian Grand Prix - 10th February 2019 [8:00pm (UK time)]

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Round 16 - Russian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 10th February 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Sochi Autodrom
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@chaingang123

Last edited:

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Hmmm Sochi... don't hate the circuit, don't like it either. Just meh.

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Pretty simple track although I always struggling with braking point for turn 16. Will do well to come out of here with no penalties, too easy to corner cut.

chaingang123

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 17, 2018
Hey
So Sad to say that i‘m out for the Race..It is one of my best Tracks,but i‘m on holiday in New York.
See you next week

Reactions: Jason007

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
This track should produce some close racing with plenty of overtaking oportunities? Everyone's driving has improved from the start of the season and I'd say there are now 10 potential racers capable of taking a win? Good luck everyone and lets have a good clean race.

Reactions: Wesley3071

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Quali P3 not the best lap but probably the best position to start.

Race P3 Great battle with @JimiRäikkönen first stint before tyres went off and I spun from 1st on the back straight, followed by the most ridiculous stop/go penalty ever. The 2nd stint pace wasn’t there and as the tyres went off I thought I’d clung onto 2nd but @chris130256 pipped me again by not getting a penalty. Congratulations to @louielouie50 on a great win.

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Q - P18
R - P11

Pre-Race Interview - Russia is just meh. Didn't get a whole lot of practice during the week, but also lacked motivation to do so. As a result, I'm not looking for much during this race. More like a Sunday ride through the country. Meh.

Qualy - P18. Second from last. Can't say I'm surprised by the result. Probably could have done a slightly better lap, but decided against it.

Strategy - Russia is a very straight forward strategy; HS > US. If damage occurs, then HS > HS > US. Went heavy fuel with +4 laps. Have some serious ground to make up starting so far back.

LIGHTS OUT (5:20) - Very good start off the line as I overtake @Da Eagle and @danio off the line, filing in behind @Salvo Failla heading towards Turn 1. Sticking to the inside I late brake and run alongside @xGATECRASHERx, but it doesn't pan out. @Salvo Failla retakes the position and @xGATECRASHERx takes off into the distance. Rounding the long left-hander I'm down to P16. In front of me @monkeymeg44 @KroNoS271 @ramma and @Wesley3071 are running four-wide. How do I deal with this? @ramma runs wide and I brake to avoid a collision wide on the outside. Entering Turn 5 its @SEAN-GBR on my left and @ramma on my right. Exiting Turn 6 I get a thump from @ramma. P17 at this point. Absolute insanity!

Lap 1 (6:15) - I lock my brakes and run straight into the rear of @SEAN-GBR yet somehow avoid wing damage. Phew!

Lap 1 (6:50) - @Da Eagle and I go wheel to wheel through Turn 15. He runs a bit wide and I retake the position.

Lap 2 (7:30) - Hugh collision between @danio @Salvo Failla and @KroNoS271. I take advantage and slip into P13.

Lap 3 (9:10) - With Rich mix, Hotlap ERS, and DRS I go for the inside of Turn 2 on @SEAN-GBR. Get a warning but the overtake sticks. P11.

Lap 8 (17:10) - @JimiRäikkönen loses the rear exiting Turn 18. Up into the points, P10.

Lap 10 (20:45) - I pull just ahead of @Limaro_83 who is exiting the pits on fresh US. As much as I fancy some battling with Limaro, today is not the day. I can feel my HS falling off the cliff. A battle is completely pointless. I move to the inside exiting Turn 5 to let him by. It takes a bit longer than expected to overtake as I see the apex of the next turn approaching very quickly. "Aww crap" I think to myself. I brake late and go straight on. Luckily @Limaro_83 asses the situation and makes the overtake. Not the cleanest situation, but the end goal is completed. Limaro continues on as I follow behind.

Lap 11 (23:50) - BOX BOX BOX! US tires to the end. Exiting the pits in P13.

Lap 16 (31:30) - The start of a multi-lap battle with @KroNoS271. Simply not the most ideal situation considering P12 vs. backmarker. Is-what-it-is though. As I said before, just need to pick your battles mate.

Lap 23 (43:25) - @danio has a moment and I nearly shart myself with a potential collision! That was close! Phew. @MJ7 closes in fast. Running P12 now.

Lap 23 (43:45) - @MJ7 dives to the inside for the overtake and makes it stick. Clean overtake.

ACROSS THE LINE (50:45) - P11... so close. So so close.

Post-Race Interview - Can't complain about P11. Factoring in penalties and not so much battling perhaps a P10 and a lonely point could have been possible. Oh well, still happy with the race result considering the qualy results.

Congrats to @louielouie50 on your first win of the season!
Congrats to @chris130256 and @Limaro_83 to round out the podium!

A week off from racing then its off to Suzuka! Love that circuit!

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Well done @louielouie50 for the win. You certainly didn't 'bottle' this one!
@Limaro_83, congrats for the final podium place but I was surprised by how bad your tyres were at the end? I also got the pit entrance penalty and if you look in the stewards it seems many people did too? I gather its not worth taking it to the stewards though because they can't do anything about it? Is that correct?
My statistical chance of winning the champs is over now. Only Limaro has any chance of catching @Nick-1054 because I will miss the USA round as I'm on holiday that Sunday. Nick has truly dominated this league and I've enjoyed racing against him. No congrats yet as he still needs a few more points!

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Well done @louielouie50 for the win. You certainly didn't 'bottle' this one!
@Limaro_83, congrats for the final podium place but I was surprised by how bad your tyres were at the end? I also got the pit entrance penalty and if you look in the stewards it seems many people did too? I gather its not worth taking it to the stewards though because they can't do anything about it? Is that correct?
My statistical chance of winning the champs is over now. Only Limaro has any chance of catching @Nick-1054 because I will miss the USA round as I'm on holiday that Sunday. Nick has truly dominated this league and I've enjoyed racing against him. No congrats yet as he still needs a few more points!
Yes I tried last week to get rid of a 5 sec stop/go but as it’s already been served they can’t/won’t remove it. USA will give me chance to catch up on some of that points deficit to you then!

Reactions: chris130256

louielouie50

Formula Karter
Sep 13, 2018
Quali: P5 - Managed to beat my team-mate by a few 1/100ths of a second, which ended up being a double benefit as meant I was on the outside of turn 2 when those on the inside got dive-bombed somewhat.

Race: P1 - After the disappointment of last week I finally get my first win in AOR. Had a decent getaway an finished Lap 1 in 4th behind @Nick-1054 , managing to get past him once DRS had been activated. I got lucky in that there was a group battling behind, and the top two ahead of me battling meaning they were all losing time, enabling me to focus on my pace and close in. Got past @Limaro_83 when his tyres went off on lap 9, after my stop PPK set a couple of laps about 2 seconds faster than me, no way I could match that.

Had just about settled for 2nd place when I find out PPK has an extra 3 seconds of penalties compared me and I'm catching up - figure his tyres must be wearing quicker. Then, into the second DRS zone on lap 24 and he is out! I know how it feels to crash out from the lead, so drive around extra carefully for the final couple of laps.

Really pleased with the race, well done @chris130256 and @Limaro_83 completing the podium. Suzuka is always a favourite so looking forward to that after the break.

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Quali: P5 - Managed to beat my team-mate by a few 1/100ths of a second, which ended up being a double benefit as meant I was on the outside of turn 2 when those on the inside got dive-bombed somewhat.

Race: P1 - After the disappointment of last week I finally get my first win in AOR. Had a decent getaway an finished Lap 1 in 4th behind @Nick-1054 , managing to get past him once DRS had been activated. I got lucky in that there was a group battling behind, and the top two ahead of me battling meaning they were all losing time, enabling me to focus on my pace and close in. Got past @Limaro_83 when his tyres went off on lap 9, after my stop PPK set a couple of laps about 2 seconds faster than me, no way I could match that.

Had just about settled for 2nd place when I find out PPK has an extra 3 seconds of penalties compared me and I'm catching up - figure his tyres must be wearing quicker. Then, into the second DRS zone on lap 24 and he is out! I know how it feels to crash out from the lead, so drive around extra carefully for the final couple of laps.

Really pleased with the race, well done @chris130256 and @Limaro_83 completing the podium. Suzuka is always a favourite so looking forward to that after the break.
I was genuinely really pleased for you winning this race. Last week must have been really painful and to come back and get the win is brilliant. Definitely deserved as you have been so much quicker the 2nd half of the season. Well done mate (y)

Reactions: louielouie50

louielouie50

Formula Karter
Sep 13, 2018
I was genuinely really pleased for you winning this race. Last week must have been really painful and to come back and get the win is brilliant. Definitely deserved as you have been so much quicker the 2nd half of the season. Well done mate (y)
Thank you mate, really appreciate that. Such a shame you had that stupid pit-entry penalty as we could have had a good battle - think I was about 6 seconds ahead of you after my stop.

danio

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 8, 2017
Q - P16
I hate this track so I did not expect much from that race, quali shows that lol

R - P11

Yet again withouts points, even podium but as mention I did not even thought about them.
Anyway
Start was quite chaotic, so I have lost some positions, but due to some collisions I got P14
Lap 2 - I was much faster on straight so I decided to overtake @Salvo Failla and I've managed to do that but in some weird reason @KroNoS271 decided to hit Sauber driver and force us three off the track. Luckily enough I have lost only wing and could continous but it could end up much worse yet again. I should go with that inncident to stewards but I will leave it here so @KroNoS271 will get last available chance from me.

Lap 3 - pit for new wing and US tyres. Could this last to finish?? Good question, lol eventually yes I ran 24 laps on those tyres but grip was crap.
Whole race runs quite smooth until another visit from @KroNoS271 who want it to unlap himself, so he decided to make stupid divebomb which result me to be force off track and loose wing again.

So with that P8 I thought I might to keep it till end of the race but reality shows different. Lack of grip caused me to loose posinions one after another.

On lap 23 seeing @SEAN-GBR my teammate beeing much faster that me I let him by but I did mistake there too, hence not to loose another position in favour of @Jason007 I decided to close gap right in front of him (SORRY MATE), good reflex of him keeps his car in one piece.

So I have lost in that situation another two places.

Eventually ended up on P11

Hopefully Suzuka after two weeks brings me points again.

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Quali P3 not the best lap but probably the best position to start.

Race P3 Great battle with @JimiRäikkönen first stint before tyres went off and I spun from 1st on the back straight, followed by the most ridiculous stop/go penalty ever. The 2nd stint pace wasn’t there and as the tyres went off I thought I’d clung onto 2nd but @chris130256 pipped me again by not getting a penalty. Congratulations to @louielouie50 on a great win.

'look everyone, I'm 3rd. Not often you get to hear me say that!' Nice one. How do you two manage to talk all the way through the race? I'd crash within 2 corners if I attempted that.

Reactions: Limaro_83

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
'look everyone, I'm 3rd. Not often you get to hear me say that!' Nice one. How do you two manage to talk all the way through the race? I'd crash within 2 corners if I attempted that.
Wouldn't be the same without being able to whinge at @xGATECRASHERx all race! Find it boring when im just racing on my own

Reactions: chris130256

ramma

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 12, 2018
Q - 12
R - 9

Quali - I really hope they implement the ability to set grand prix to equal performance when playing solo (probably not happening for F1 2018), cause my setups keep feeling just different enough I get thrown off. Pair that with already being uncomfortable on this track and my qualifying was far from my practice qualifying runs.

Race - I actually almost sat this race out since I picked up a cold and have that weird bruised vein feeling in one arm from some medical crap, but I really don't want to miss a race -- though given my T2 & 3 I may need to think harder about whether I'll impact others races too heavily.
Anyway, I had one of my best starts off the line of the season, but braking into T2 I couldn't push the brakes enough and bumped into kingfoemaccassa, forcing him off line for sure (sorry!). That was the right side of my front wing gone then, and dropped to last (19th).
Pit on lap 1/2 (somehow in 18th position?) for a new front wing and a set of mediums to go to the end of the race on; hoping my times would be okay, for some chaos ahead, or maybe a safety car to get a free swap to US or HS depending. Not much of that happened though. Lap 3 a few folks pit putting me up to 14th, but I was promptly (L4) brought down to 15th as kingfoemaccassa was much faster than me. Then on L5 jarilambrechts passed me, down to 16th it was. But L8 sees kingfoemaccassa have some sort of issue I believe, so I get back to 15th, then jaril has a small spin through T16,17 also giving me a position up to 14th! Plus two people in the pits to pass, so 12th on L9!
From that point it was a fairly mundane and lonely race, gaining only as people pit or retired. Maintaining gaps or trying to gain as best I could, especially as the US tires fell off since the Mediums had plenty of life left all the way to the end. I don't think the difference would have let me catch Gatecrasher ahead before the end, but getting in range for penalty position swaps was a possibility, until I got my penalty. In any case, I'm moderately pleased with a points finish given how much was working against me health wise this race.

Salvo Failla

Formula Karter
Aug 9, 2018
My race was damaged by a strange contact. This post isn't a criticism and I'm not attacking anyone, but I think that for the respect of all drivers a rece must not be killed by an error made by a superficiality during the first lap.

See you all in Japan ;)

MJ7

Pro Karter
Jan 1, 2018
Q - 12
R - 9

Quali - I really hope they implement the ability to set grand prix to equal performance when playing solo (probably not happening for F1 2018), cause my setups keep feeling just different enough I get thrown off. Pair that with already being uncomfortable on this track and my qualifying was far from my practice qualifying runs.

Race - I actually almost sat this race out since I picked up a cold and have that weird bruised vein feeling in one arm from some medical crap, but I really don't want to miss a race -- though given my T2 & 3 I may need to think harder about whether I'll impact others races too heavily.
Anyway, I had one of my best starts off the line of the season, but braking into T2 I couldn't push the brakes enough and bumped into kingfoemaccassa, forcing him off line for sure (sorry!). That was the right side of my front wing gone then, and dropped to last (19th).
Pit on lap 1/2 (somehow in 18th position?) for a new front wing and a set of mediums to go to the end of the race on; hoping my times would be okay, for some chaos ahead, or maybe a safety car to get a free swap to US or HS depending. Not much of that happened though. Lap 3 a few folks pit putting me up to 14th, but I was promptly (L4) brought down to 15th as kingfoemaccassa was much faster than me. Then on L5 jarilambrechts passed me, down to 16th it was. But L8 sees kingfoemaccassa have some sort of issue I believe, so I get back to 15th, then jaril has a small spin through T16,17 also giving me a position up to 14th! Plus two people in the pits to pass, so 12th on L9!
From that point it was a fairly mundane and lonely race, gaining only as people pit or retired. Maintaining gaps or trying to gain as best I could, especially as the US tires fell off since the Mediums had plenty of life left all the way to the end. I don't think the difference would have let me catch Gatecrasher ahead before the end, but getting in range for penalty position swaps was a possibility, until I got my penalty. In any case, I'm moderately pleased with a points finish given how much was working against me health wise this race.

it's fine ramma that was ok it's just when the other mclaren came into me and damaged my wing