Jan 20, 2014
Round 17 - Japanese Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 12

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 26th February 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Suzuka International Racing Course
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Informed No Shows: Seca__

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Ah Suzuka. This track will produce some nice battling. A track where tyre wear will be a killer if it stays dry. The season 9 GP2 race back on F1 2014 was a good one. Lost the win to @Desimpele by less than a second if I remember correctly with @Elite_sultan a similar distance behind me in 3rd

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Really do enjoy racing around most of this track, the only parts I don't like is the 2 Degner's followed by the hairpin and the exit out of the last corner, but even so I'd still just put Suzuka above Malaysia in terms of my favourite tracks in this game.

But I really like driving Sector 1 with it's S's they can be hard but feel very rewarding when you get it right and 130R is an absolute blast to take at full speed:joyful:, just because of this I consider it similar to Spa as a drivers circuit.

I've only just done a couple of laps to dust off the cobwebs around here and I think I'm already nearly up to speed, and it seems I'm could be in better shape then I was at Malaysia in dry one lap pace terms, so hopefully this bodes well for Sunday.:angelic:

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
After some set up tweaks, I'm feeling very confident about my one lap pace. As for race pace...I'll have to work on that.

Reactions: syluntbob

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I noticed that, wondered what it was. Have you sorted out your setup now Don?
Yeah. The back end doesn't want to step out anymore. I was getting so much oversteer under braking.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016

Something a little weird from practice earlier.
Those tyres clearly don't belong there, obviously when they went to there career advisor for the first time and told them that they wanted to have a career in breakdancing, they were promptly put all together in tarp and shipped off to Suzuka so they couldn't show off there real skills to the world, this was there way of reliving the good old days.(y)

• Funny
Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Please please PLEASE guys, let's try and not break the 100M board at Degner 1 otherwise I'll end up crashing into somebody through there.

dFlashAshb

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 3, 2016
I was gobsmacked when i saw @DON SILVA time on the leaderboard! @Elite_sultan is incredibly quick as well and judging by the chaos in last night's social any one of 5 or 6 drivers is well in with a shout of the win tomorrow...

• Agree
Reactions: chris130256

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I do have an AOR pole position at Suzuka on my CV from season 8 but I can't bet against @dFlashAshb or @neil rutter. They usually produce the laps when it matters