PC - Round 17 - United States Grand Prix [25/02/18 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 17 - United States Grand Prix [25/02/18 8:00pm]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Douwe_C

Pro Karter
Aug 10, 2017
It was good to be back racing again first of all. I had a busy period with lots of tests to study for and other work related events that I had to put time and effort in. So I was not able to practice and do races for a long time. My apologies first of all for my unconfirmed no-shows. But now I am back. I have more time to practice again and more time to do attend to the races. And I am very happy to be back as I enjoyed this race very much! Even though the result was not that good. This was because of a couple of stupid mistakes on my part during my second and third stint. But the first stint was great and the beginning of the second as well. Did a couple of nice overtakes, and I felt really pacy. Then in my second stint I broke too late for the last turn and damaged my front wing. From that point on things went downhill, I pitted again for a new front wing and was really quick again. But then after I overtook a couple of cars, I managed to damage my front wing on the back of another (early) braking car again. From that point on I did not even bother to pit again and finished in P8 in the end. So not the result I was hoping for but a very enjoyable race!