XB1 - Round 17 - United States Grand Prix [25/02/18 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 17 - United States Grand Prix [25/02/18 8:00pm]

Joseph Baigent

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 23, 2017
Round 17 - United States Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 25th February 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit of the Americas
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

Neutralizer

Formula Karter
Aug 29, 2017
Just took a spill down my stairs and rolled my ankle and popped my arm out of the socket. Call my backup

Enjoy COTA. Hopefully see you in Mexico.

xXMARKELiNXx

GP2 Test Driver
Dec 1, 2016
I was told im able to join this race today just lookin to add the right man for the lobby and will be looking forward to seeing everyone on the track :D

Joseph Baigent

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 23, 2017
first 5 laps was good, made a mistake and lost 10 seconds then the rest was a bit meh, stupid time penalties cost me 2nd place.:(

Reactions: xXMARKELiNXx

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
Well that was... interesting? Definitely not enjoyable though. Massive de-sync on the first couple laps, I would have just suspected my connection but it appeared to be happening for everybody. Spun the car coming out of the hairpin before the back straight so that put me way back. Then contact where @davrath appeared to just turn into me. Which I'm 100% suspecting lag on one or both of our parts. After that a really quiet race. Some guys in front of me had some wing damage towards the end of the race and went off track so I just kept driving and that was good enough for P7.

K04

Formula 3 Test Driver
Aug 23, 2017
Only 1 lap in quali so happy with 4th. Race was eventful, good to know I can battle @Meks Unseen but then made the same mistake that @Joseph Baigent did at turn 1... back end of the race was boring and then got wing damage so just tried to hold on till the end.

Overall, if i was offered 5th before the race i'd have taken that as i dont like this track.

Also, massive de-syncs throughout, first time its been that bad this season, new people or just unlucky?

@o Coxon o I did womder what happened to you.

ValiFusilli

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Sep 5, 2017
Welllllll I'm getting more and more fed up with this game each race.
Quali was good, barely managed to squeeze out another pole:D

Than halfway lap 1, screen froze sending me from the front al the way to the back.
Than tried to battle forward only to have more screen freezing, lagging cars everywhere, alien indicators and you name it. Lost my wing twice, though got the fastest race lap
All and all I'll be happy when this game/season is over.

o Coxon o

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 17, 2016
@K04 Yeah it was looking it was gonna be a good battle & then de-sync out of nowhere.

Also lost a good chunk of my front wing on the first lap because of it.

& Quali penetrated me up the backside when on my 2nd run i did a corner cut on the outlap not paying attention which then invalidated my next 2 laps :bored:

SolidOOFT

Pro Karter
May 1, 2017

Think those clips sum it up. We have good racing and battles in this league but the game really ruined that for a lot of people this race. Hopefully the servers perform better for Mexico.

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017

Think those clips sum it up. We have good racing and battles in this league but the game really ruined that for a lot of people this race. Hopefully the servers perform better for Mexico.
Man that second clip is absolutely awful to watch :/

xXMARKELiNXx

GP2 Test Driver
Dec 1, 2016
Oth

dont worrie i was also having connection issues with that mclaren too took damage to my front wing on a straight just slipstreaming the guy

Neutralizer

Formula Karter
Aug 29, 2017
is it just me or did the lag in this game from very acceptable to lousy to horrible over the course of the season (and updates)?

ValiFusilli

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Sep 5, 2017
is it just me or did the lag in this game from very acceptable to lousy to horrible over the course of the season (and updates)?
Well I kinda have a idea what happened, every player asked codies to just use servers on their own, instead op peer to peer. So at codemasters they did rent some servers, but I 100% sure they rented servers from EA, hence all the lag:unsure:

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
I'm not sure as I've missed 4 of the last 5 races but I don't recall anything near as bad as what happened this past weekend. Not sure if it was just a combination of bad events or what the deal was.

BigBadPopperDom

F1 Reserve Driver
Sep 6, 2017
Hi guys

Sorry didn't post my race thoughts last week been so busy with work.

I enjoyed that one but could see the
Beginning so clearly with everyone. I backed off in the end after nearly taking jaketsujouu on lap 1 and 2.

I have to apologise to him as when I did go for an overtake into a tight left handed I went wide and hit him.

Please accept my apologies I won't blame the lag it was me just not being careful enough.

Apart from that incident I ran a clean race and actually kept up with a few of you better than other races! That would have been the lag!

Anyways looking forward to tonight. Not much practice yet but will see what happens.