PC - Round 17 - United States Grand Prix [25/02/18 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 17 - United States Grand Prix [25/02/18 8:00pm]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Thompson

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Aug 21, 2016
Round 17 - United States Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 25th February 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit of the Americas
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Armadeira
@Pwox
@AOR Ghost

Last edited:

EL_Sonny

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 9, 2017
I think the constructors standigs are more exciting as the driver standings @Smash. Because everyone knows who will win the championship right :D

Kreosteijn

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 10, 2017
I think the constructors standigs are more exciting as the driver standings
Only one point in it :D While you're in a championship battle with @Smash, I have been fighting with @Armadeira in every race we've both been in so far.

@EL_Sonny @Smash whats up guys, @Kreosteijn is showing you both up in the TTs
I'm only quick in Time Trial, unfortunately. Same story as in Singapore and Malaysia :p

Also, @JERRY is almost three tenths quicker than all of us with a 1:32.6.

EL_Sonny

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 9, 2017
Qually:
9:35 - 1st corner cut
14:05 - 2nd corner cut
18:20 - My one and only chance to get a lap in xD

Race:
21:50 - Start of the race, little fight with smash
22:20 - 1st warning
25:00 - 2nd warning ( those 2 warnings are the only 2 i had in the race :p)
25:50 - Battle with smash
For the rest on the soft stint, i set the pressure on Smash and came close here and there but didnt had enough to overtake.
56:30 - Battle, what ends out in a little frontwing damage for me
Overall, @Smash we got finally our battle in the race :D, sadly the touch on lap 22 was the end of it , but in my eyes its a race incident :)

Last edited:

Kreosteijn

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 10, 2017
I messed up my race on turn 1 of lap 1: damaged my front wing and had to pit. I was happy with my pace after that though, only lost 5 seconds to @Smash in the last 20 laps.

Helmetless Stig

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Oct 25, 2015

Quali lap: 11:00
Start: 15:05
Overtake: 21:00
Bottle: 30:20
Overtake: 46:30

Would have been in the midfield if I hadn't spun.

trumpa94

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 25, 2017
annoyed when decided to go wide into T1. A lot of folks was there and I got illegal overtake on Stig who was dead last, so I had to let everybody go through. But, I had a lot of fun racing, had some action with a couple of guys. Cheers, love u all

scotchtape20

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 26, 2014
Happy with P3, pushed like crazy in the last lap to build a 3-sec gap so that I didn't lose a place due to a penalty, and made it by 0.2s ahead of @dragonbone81. I tried the 2-stop strategy as I didn't think I would have been fast enough on Softs pace-wise with the guys in front (the two who shall not be named...). It almost didn't work because I was stuck behind the leading duo for the majority of my 2nd stint on US while they were on S, I couldn't pass them even though I had the tyre advantage. I wanted to build a gap in front of dragonbone so that I had less to re-overtake on my final SS stint, but by being stuck, I probably lost around 10s. That made me rejoin the race in P8 (from P3) after my second stop and a lot of ground to reclaim. I quickly pass a couple of people and, with 5 laps to go, I was in P5, around 5s behind dragonbone and @Fbyson who, fortunately, were battling. Their battle allowed me to close the gap quickly and finally passed them both by lap 27 (by a beautiful divebomb pass on turn 16 I might add haha). Then, it was all about building that gap I mentioned above and finish P3!

Feels gud!