PS4 - Round 17 - United States Grand Prix [25/02/2018 8:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 17 - United States Grand Prix [25/02/2018 8:00PM]

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 17 - United States Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 25th February 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit of the Americas
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Tigerkart_22

Last edited:

advanceapple

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 11, 2017
nice track..

MattDavies2511

PS4 S14 F4 and PCars S9 GT3 Semi-Pro Champion
Jan 15, 2017
Well I managed to complete a whole race yesterday without a single PS4 crash... I uninstalled the game and cleared out some space and it seems to be working a treat so far. Lets hope it all goes well this weekend!!!

Reactions: DON SILVA

TheTubbyNinja

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 15, 2017
I cannot wait to cut every single part of that first sector S section on every single lap. DSQ by lap 5, thank you very much.

InFinityzzHD

PS4 Triple Crown 2018 Indy 500 Champion
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2017
That's what I told @MattDavies2511 yesterday aswell :rofl:. There's a great chance I get a DSQ

kovisjimi

Formula Karter
Aug 21, 2017
no practice done at all, will be interesting...

ColonelGaddafi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 4, 2017
That's normally my job to rack up a ton of penalties which morph into DSQs :p

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Pace was terrible. Had my quali lap ruined by @Rabid_Donkey96's AI car which decided it didn't want to ghost. Bottled my second run. Starting on the softs wasn't a great strategy but I should have taken them further than I did as my super softs were at 70% at the end. Some decent battles. I spent the whole of my second stint being followed by @Tincan394 so the pressure was on. Unfortunately it was only P11 today but from last on the grid, points would have been a tad too much to ask for, especially since I was so far off the pace

advanceapple

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 11, 2017
I do not like this track so much until today I was only 34.0 34.1. Instead in qualifying 33.8 improved, but unfortunately someone very high up has decided that my black period must continue receiving a bad news on a sentimental level that conditioned me the race. I do not know if you follow or know dragon ball super and the last transformation of goku ultra instinct, bhè example trivial but that anyway I literally detached my brain and did not even know what I was doing. in any case, one of the few races in which I can say that I fought with @kovisjimi and @KaneIyanda and @InFinityzzHD without "the help of the lag". reaching another podium the fourth consecutive, to be a rookie I'm not going bad. below my highlights .:

Senaattori

Formula 4 Test Driver
Apr 6, 2017
I was going to retire league racing after this season, but I don't know anymore. I enjoyed this for the first time for a long time. Probably because I didn't care at all where I will finish, just drove without any training and had tactic with a lot of risk. I made a few sick moves but on the other hand didn't do anything excessive with other racers. It turned out to be one of the best AOR drives ever for me.

Reactions: SolidNinjaSnake

JohnnyR95

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Mar 13, 2017
Q: 5th
Decent lap but lost a couple of tenths in the final sector. So could have been better.
R: 13th.
Started excellently, was up to second by the end of Sector 1, may have been part of the sandwich that @InFinityzzHD was caught up in (Sorry, I had no idea there was someone up your inside as well) and then @KaneIyanda and @Roadhouse got tangled up and I was up to second. (Didn't approve of your attempted rejoin though, Kane). My pace wasn't amazing and @MattDavies2511 was pulling away fast. @nezehran got past me a few laps later (albeit catching me off guard then defending rather aggressively, but then that's racing!) Fended off from Kane for a bit before @SolidNinjaSnake got past both him and me, dropping me to 4th.

Tyre Wear wasn't amazing so I went for an undercut on Lap 8 for softs in the hope of taking them to the end. Rejoined from the pits side by side with Roadhouse and just held on, even if Roadhouse got past me a few corners later. Lap 12 the car got away from me in Sector 1 and despite trying to brake to stop before the barriers, I hit the wall and lost half of my wing. Meaning I had to pit again, this time for Supers, meaning I was effectively last. Gained a position during that stint before the Supers began to wear worse than the Ultras were, so I was in yet again for a final set of Ultras to the end. I was denied fastest lap due to a corner-cut (with drift) and was overtaken by InFinityzz before settling in 13th, with 6 penalties.

Yet again a race I started well to only mess up. Adding to Russia, Austria and Hungary. I am not good around the remaining tracks so I can imagine things are only gonna get worse for me for the rest of the season.

GG on the win @MattDavies2511 and to @SolidNinjaSnake and @advanceapple on the podiums. Felt I could've been somewhere close, but it wasn't to be.

My Highlights:

MattDavies2511

PS4 S14 F4 and PCars S9 GT3 Semi-Pro Champion
Jan 15, 2017
Q: 5th
Decent lap but lost a couple of tenths in the final sector. So could have been better.
R: 13th.
Started excellently, was up to second by the end of Sector 1, may have been part of the sandwich that @InFinityzzHD was caught up in (Sorry, I had no idea there was someone up your inside as well) and then @KaneIyanda and @Roadhouse got tangled up and I was up to second. (Didn't approve of your attempted rejoin though, Kane). My pace wasn't amazing and @MattDavies2511 was pulling away fast. @nezehran got past me a few laps later (albeit catching me off guard then defending rather aggressively, but then that's racing!) Fended off from Kane for a bit before @SolidNinjaSnake got past both him and me, dropping me to 4th.

Tyre Wear wasn't amazing so I went for an undercut on Lap 8 for softs in the hope of taking them to the end. Rejoined from the pits side by side with Roadhouse and just held on, even if Roadhouse got past me a few corners later. Lap 12 the car got away from me in Sector 1 and despite trying to brake to stop before the barriers, I hit the wall and lost half of my wing. Meaning I had to pit again, this time for Supers, meaning I was effectively last. Gained a position during that stint before the Supers began to wear worse than the Ultras were, so I was in yet again for a final set of Ultras to the end. I was denied fastest lap due to a corner-cut (with drift) and was overtaken by InFinityzz before settling in 13th, with 6 penalties.

Yet again a race I started well to only mess up. Adding to Russia, Austria and Hungary. I am not good around the remaining tracks so I can imagine things are only gonna get worse for me for the rest of the season.

GG on the win @MattDavies2511 and to @SolidNinjaSnake and @advanceapple on the podiums. Felt I could've been somewhere close, but it wasn't to be.

My Highlights:
Should have edited Tokyo drift music over that moment on lap 25 ;)

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

Rabid_Donkey96

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 19, 2017
Ah what a load of crap, all thanks to my internet really. Pace was actually looking good and think I could have been pushing towards the top 6 or so today but it wasn't to be. Game seemed to glitch out during qualifying and got stuck in the garage, had the animation of the wheel covers being taken off and then the guy ran out and told me to wait for the whole session... Sorry @DON SILVA and anyone else effected, had no idea my car was going round on track.

As for the race, pulled over to the side at the start because I realised I was lagging, then showed good pace to catch up but the lag continued meant I didn't want to try any moves on anyone in the fear of taking someone out. So just kept going hoping for retirements or maybe get some people on a pit stop really but what seemed to be a weird lag incident on lap 10ish ended any hopes of much really. Decided to try for the fastest lap for a bit of fun on the last lap so pitted for ultras and looked good until I got taken out by @CombiKoermi on the last corner, not sure if that was deliberate or not but it looked it?

But yeah all a load of rubbish to be honest, frustrating as my internet had improved in this house the past month or so but if it continues like this it's not worth me taking part as it just puts me at such a risk of ruining other peoples races and it's no fun as I can't be competitive.

ColonelGaddafi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 4, 2017
Got round to taking part in this race after getting back early from meeting David Tennant today (awesome moment!) - but..... kinda wishing I didn't bother now.

Qualifying: KILLED

Codemasters...... I hate you with a passion for your obscenely bad online lobbies. Was on an excellent lap which would have netted me P3 (@Roadhouse and @MattDavies2511 were on pace steroids, not a chance in hell of hauling them in) but then @Rabid_Donkey96's Sauber was going round on its own accord and blew my front wing up on the final sector. Condemning me to P19 and proceeding to attempt a rage crash into the barriers.

Race: FUCKED

If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all in AOR. Good first couple of laps were ruined by stuffing my car into the back of a Red Bull (I think) which, gave me damage that although appeared superficial, was enough to give my front end a bucket ton of understeer which made the swooping first sector and final sectors a nightmare to turn - pretty sure I killed a Williams driver en route to the pits on lap 5 (sorry about that whoever it was). Pitted, but once again forgot to turn front wing repairs to "YES" and had to pit again the next lap.

From there? Pace was nowhere. So I crashed the car and quit. Tempted to sit out the rest of S14 but got a couple of good tracks coming up so I'll see how it goes.

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Ah what a load of crap, all thanks to my internet really. Pace was actually looking good and think I could have been pushing towards the top 6 or so today but it wasn't to be. Game seemed to glitch out during qualifying and got stuck in the garage, had the animation of the wheel covers being taken off and then the guy ran out and told me to wait for the whole session... Sorry @DON SILVA and anyone else effected, had no idea my car was going round on track.

As for the race, pulled over to the side at the start because I realised I was lagging, then showed good pace to catch up but the lag continued meant I didn't want to try any moves on anyone in the fear of taking someone out. So just kept going hoping for retirements or maybe get some people on a pit stop really but what seemed to be a weird lag incident on lap 10ish ended any hopes of much really. Decided to try for the fastest lap for a bit of fun on the last lap so pitted for ultras and looked good until I got taken out by @CombiKoermi on the last corner, not sure if that was deliberate or not but it looked it?

But yeah all a load of rubbish to be honest, frustrating as my internet had improved in this house the past month or so but if it continues like this it's not worth me taking part as it just puts me at such a risk of ruining other peoples races and it's no fun as I can't be competitive.
Are you on a wired or wireless connection?

Rabid_Donkey96

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 19, 2017
Are you on a wired or wireless connection?
It's wireless currently, the other week I tried wiring it up and it got even worse. Any tips would be very welcome! It all runs fine when I'm back home (I'm in a student house currently) but the wifi seems to be so up and down here