Jan 14, 2014
Round 18 - Mexican Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 4th March 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Never been a fan of this track since it was brough back onto the calendar, sector 2 especially, when tyres are worn thats a real interesting place...

Levingston

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 15, 2017
Yeah, I call this, the Curse of the Americas (Yeah the actual COTA for me ;) ), as USA, Mexico and Brazil are my weakest tracks on the 2nd half of the season.

Snook

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Dec 16, 2017
It is pretty interesting that there has been no back to back race winner this season.

• Agree
Reactions: TheVerenzak

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Unfortunately this is gonna be another DNS for me.
I’m in the pub and already quite drunk, don’t think I’ll be back to ‘normal’ in time, so I’ll just continue with drinking

Don’t like Mexico anyway. I’ll definitely be back for Brazil!

Reactions: Jipper

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Got a cool addition for this race. View attachment 38747

It is a 7" 1080p monitor that I can show the screen I created with SLIMax VDashEMU on rather than looking to the side all the time.
Hey man. Can i install that on my second monitor? During the race all my second monitor does is have discord open. could put it to use with a tool like that!

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
Was literally unplayable today.. people lagging all over the place + my PC lagging a couple times made it almost impossible to race.

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
@TheVerenzak qualifying and race results.

also as you can see by the volume of penalty's @schumizeu has, he's still driving like an aggresive torpedo who cant stay on track or race wheel to wheel with anyone without banging them around, how this guy is still allowed to race with so many penalties every single race is beyond me.

F1 2017 Screenshot 2018.03.04 - 20.17.23.04.png F1 2017 Screenshot 2018.03.04 - 20.17.30.41.png F1 2017 Screenshot 2018.03.04 - 21.10.26.90.png F1 2017 Screenshot 2018.03.04 - 21.10.28.24.png F1 2017 Screenshot 2018.03.04 - 21.10.37.75.png F1 2017 Screenshot 2018.03.04 - 21.10.42.92.png

ApplePhysics

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 23, 2017
quali - P2 - Only 0.009s off pole and managed to invalidate a much faster lap at the end of the session.

Race - P9 - Got bombed by Schumiezeu into turn 4 where I lost time from there and then got launched in the stadium due to connection issues, leaving me behind Cheese who I feel needs to calm down when defending. He spun me round in the slow but in the middle of the lap and I ended up overheating my tyres and losing it into the high-speed stuff. A new front wing later I was back in last and could have easily gone to the end on the softs I had put on but pitted with a couple of laps left to go for fastest lap which I got briefly.

Well done to @Indigo for the win and I'll see everyone in the UAE!

Levingston

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 15, 2017
Q- P15
Just because I cut T3 on my outlap by mistake, our fellow game decided to not count my upcoming lap. I thought that could only happen if you cut the last or penultimate corner or sth... Anyway didn't have time to improve on my time.

R - P11
I was doing okay behind @R.A.J. then on lap 5 or 6 some chaos happened at turns T4 - T5 with like so many cars into each other... It was so crowded that I do not even remember the names. Anyway, I lost my endplate over there and the race was almost over as it was so hard to get back on a proper pace again. I never liked this place but this was pretty demoralizing. Anyway... maybe in Brazil as I like that place much more than Mexico tbh. Cya guys over there.

Reactions: TheVerenzak

Indigo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 4, 2017
Q - P8

I tried qualifying on the SS to try and do a one stopper, but I got held up on my flying lap by @schumizeu, who went off track and rejoined right on the racing line. I did a conservative run on the US right before the session ended which got me into P8.

R - P1

Got a great launch off the line and gained about three places before the first corner. In the following corners, some carnage ensued and I was just able to avoid it, putting me into the top 3. From there one it was an uneventful drive until the stops at lap 10. My second stint on the SS wasn't great and I was trailing behind @Jipper and @schumizeu for a while. schumizeu got the undercut on me on the last stint, while I undercutted Jipper by pitting a lap earlier. Pace on the US in the last stint was pretty good and I was following schumizeu who was hunting down @Snook who was doing a one stop on the softs. As his pace dropped in the last couple of laps, I passed him and raced schumizeu to the line, where I took the win as he had multiple penalties. A suprising end to a race where I didn't expect a lot!

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018

I just had to make a mistake with 4 laps to go as well! I will take it from the funny side though. :)

• Burn
Reactions: Snook

Snook

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Dec 16, 2017
Qualy P9
Race P3

Got a good start and followed @Indigo through as the a few cars went off. After that my weak race pace was evident as I started to slip back each lap by a tiny margin. I decided to switch to a one stopper because I didn't think I could outpace the cars in front of me. I pitted on lap 11 and put on softs which I went till the end with.

Towards the end, @schumizeu, @Indigo and @Jipper managed get past me because I had no life left in my tyres. I got a front left puncture in the middle sector on the final lap (which surprised me) and lost very critical seconds to @Jipper. He had a lot of penalties so it was kind of a missed opportunity.

I think my strategy was the fastest one out there but I couldn't execute it as well as I wanted to. I probably should up my game a bit more or I will be slipping away from the race leaders like this one.

@Indigo with another clutch win. Well done mate!