PC - Round 18 - Mexican Grand Prix 04/03/2018 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 18 - Mexican Grand Prix 04/03/2018 8:00pm]

Skinner

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 5, 2017
Ok so just rewatched it:

1: Yes you do give him space into turn 1, which is fair
2. I think by lost position he mean that it looked like he was going to get ahead of you, which is up for debate I guess
3. He does run a bit deep into the corner, however I would say from the screenshot below, you definitely have space. Yes, it would compromise you into T2, but D4mn would also have had to give you space on the inside of the corner. If you didn't lose traction as you say, I think you should have stayed closer to the inside of the track given that he's so close along side you. If he had pulled over towards the racing line as I think he would, you could have tried for a wider entry. However I think at the point you do come across the track, it is dangerous for you to do so as he is right next to the side of your car and it would be unreasonably hard to react to your movement.

I don't think it's a malicious piece of driving, but on balance, I think it's probably your fault. I think it's quite common for people using the racing line to get caught up in things like this.

Just finally, FYI if you have a problem with what's being reported in the stewards etc. post your opinion in the relevant thread on the stewards panel to give your side of the story. Once the stewards have made their decision, they won't go back on it.

• Winner
Reactions: Hinyaldee

Bobo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 17, 2017
In my explicitly honest opinion, I think it was truly unavoidable. A faster car, D4mn, was passing as you emerged from the pits. Firstly you pulled out right in front of him as he arrived, which, though it is legal because you were past the white line, because of the massive speed difference, it would have only made sense to have just waited for him to pass. Secondly, After turn one, you turned too far to the right when you were preparing for turn two. Had you not done so and gone through turn two and then the two of you collided, it would have been his fault because you had the corner. You two were no longer in turn 1 during the collision, and you clearly turned to the right from his footage. It would have made more sense to have just stuck to the back of him and attempted a pass in turn four. That, or if you thought you were faster (which in my opinion, from the footage it appears you clearly were) just have waited until the next lap when you would have had DRS and made your move on the front stretch or after turn 3, as I did with Steffe here:

That would have made more sense and been a better overtaking selection. Just try to race cleanly next time and be a little more patient with passing drivers. There's a reason why dirty air is such a concern; Drivers need to stay in it so when they do try to make a pass it's not a bad and potentially race-jeopardizing one.
I see your point and I think you that me getting behind him was safest option and probably best one. Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sabba7h

Bobo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 17, 2017
Ok so just rewatched it:

1: Yes you do give him space into turn 1, which is fair
2. I think by lost position he mean that it looked like he was going to get ahead of you, which is up for debate I guess
3. He does run a bit deep into the corner, however I would say from the screenshot below, you definitely have space. Yes, it would compromise you into T2, but D4mn would also have had to give you space on the inside of the corner. If you didn't lose traction as you say, I think you should have stayed closer to the inside of the track given that he's so close along side you. If he had pulled over towards the racing line as I think he would, you could have tried for a wider entry. However I think at the point you do come across the track, it is dangerous for you to do so as he is right next to the side of your car and it would be unreasonably hard to react to your movement.

I don't think it's a malicious piece of driving, but on balance, I think it's probably your fault. I think it's quite common for people using the racing line to get caught up in things like this.

Just finally, FYI if you have a problem with what's being reported in the stewards etc. post your opinion in the relevant thread on the stewards panel to give your side of the story. Once the stewards have made their decision, they won't go back on it.
Alrighty I see your point but then I think it should be a split fault as both of us could've done something differently to avoid a collision there. In the end when you fight someone you don't really have time to think if they run racing line or not and if they are going to make a mistake, you just assume that they know what they are doing.

Btw. I couldn't respond to the thread since everyone quote me in threads with my steam name instead of my aor name and I dont see them (I know its my fault). And since it was already closed I just wanted to hear your opinion. Thanks :D

_d4Mn_

Pro Karter
Dec 6, 2017
Hi guys could you please take a look on that accident and give me your opinion on it?
https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/f8-mexico-incident-between-_d4mn_-vs-miroslaw.30911/
From my point of view:
1. I gave him a lot of space into corner #1 as I should which kinda shows that I didn't want to defend my position at all cost.
2. I didn't lose the position to @_d4Mn_ as he stated on his thread as you can see on top left corner as well as I didn't simply slip but was touched while trying to follow racing line so I can fit in to corner #2.
3. You can see that he runs wide after missing breaking point in that corner by looking at the racing line in his game which caused the accident as I simply had no space on the track going into #2.

I just would like to hear your honest opinion knowing both points of view as I think it was either his fault or just a racing accident.
In my opinion he was desperate for the position and was pushing to the limits which resulted in the collision which is strange knowing that I was simply faster during the entire race.

Be honest, I just want to know your opinion guys. I will take all the critique.

@yobbo , @return , @Sabba7h , @TheIgorMC , @TheVerenzak , @Fersiphion , @n0body_ ,@Saketh , @Kevin Kalt , @Breakdown , @Thezz , @Amstar27 , @Kazy , @Steffe , @Hinyaldee
Hi @Bobo ,

Thanks for finally replying.
Please stop the video at 39:53 (somewhere the end of second 52 and very beginning of 53).
"I simply had no space on the track going into" - There you had more than enough space to turn which you did but obviously you couldn't turn on the proper line as I was there. You didn't speed out properly and slipped into me.
In my opinion it is simple as that.

Exactly 1 lap before I had 100% the same situation but fighting with @LungVika . Please have a look at TURN 3, he had a LOT less space than you had and still managed to turn in properly.

Others, opinions?
Many thanks for reading @Bobo.

Skinner

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 5, 2017
Yeah he could have maybe moved over, but at the end of the day, he has given you space, it's not his job to make it easy for you. He is entitled to keep you close to the edge of the track if he wants.

Bobo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 17, 2017
Yeah he could have maybe moved over, but at the end of the day, he has given you space, it's not his job to make it easy for you. He is entitled to keep you close to the edge of the track if he wants.
As well as I don't have to make it easy and have a right to fight and then such a accident is a racing accident simply because we were fighting, I didn't just slam in to his rear or push him into the wall.

Bobo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 17, 2017
Hi @Bobo ,

Thanks for finally replying.
Please stop the video at 39:53 (somewhere the end of second 52 and very beginning of 53).
"I simply had no space on the track going into" - There you had more than enough space to turn which you did but obviously you couldn't turn on the proper line as I was there. You didn't speed out properly and slipped into me.
In my opinion it is simple as that.

Exactly 1 lap before I had 100% the same situation but fighting with @LungVika . Please have a look at TURN 3, he had a LOT less space than you had and still managed to turn in properly.

Others, opinions?
Many thanks for reading @Bobo.
Sorry, for not seeing it before but again I didn't get the alerts. Unfortunately I can't record my races at the time to show you my point and prove that it was not a spin but whatever, still in my opinion it was a racing accident.

Bobo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 17, 2017
Ok, so I can see now that since everyone is saying that its my fault I just have to accept it since majority wins ;D. Thanks for opinions, sorry for wasting your time and sorry to @_d4Mn_ for the accident.