PC - Round 18 - Mexican Grand Prix [4th March 2018 - 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 18 - Mexican Grand Prix [4th March 2018 - 8:00pm]

RichyB

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 2 Champion
Oct 16, 2017
Round 18 - Mexican Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 4th March 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Douwe_C
@TRL_graveltrap
@Billamy
@Bas-BB

Last edited:

Borderline

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
I really like this track as it’s one of my favorites. Can’t wait to race you guys there...

Billamy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 7, 2017
Slow on sector two... Check.
Mount as much kerb as you can without getting warnings... Check.
Lower wing aero... Check.

Pretty much my practice on this track

Douwe_C

Pro Karter
Aug 10, 2017
Sorry guys, but I have to sit this one out (again). I had a busy week where I went to Barcelona during the spring break for the Formula 1 test days. So I just got back and am not able to race tonight. I am sorry and I am hoping to be there next week again.

Good luck and have fun tonight to everyone!

@RichyB

• Informative
Reactions: RichyB

RichyB

Oct 16, 2017
Sorry guys, but I have to sit this one out (again). I had a busy week where I went to Barcelona during the spring break for the Formula 1 test days. So I just got back and am not able to race tonight. I am sorry and I am hoping to be there next week again.

Good luck and have fun tonight to everyone!

@RichyB
Ok thanks for the info.

Went to the test days huh, must have been fun!

RichyB

Oct 16, 2017
So it's raceday for the Mexican Grand Prix!

I'll be hosting a practice session at 6pm, but you can join at any time you want.

• Useful
Reactions: Biolite80

EditedStorm27

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 26, 2016
So coming into this race yet again I had little practice as I have had to implement a revision schedule that takes up 15 hours of my free time a week. In the prior league race my pc held up fine so I had high hopes coming here even though it is not a good track for me. I knew @RichyB could seal the title today and after yet another poor qualifying of 11th I had work to do if I wanted to finish inside the top 8. I took it easy of the start dropping to 13th on the first straight due to lag only to work my way up to 7th after navigating the traffic, just as it looked like a podium was in sight @Nakianu braked super early to avoid @Raining Thunder catching me off guard and costing me an endplat of my wing. I limped on until lap 8 and was overtaken by @Borderline who yet again showed incredible pace today before I pit for repairs and unfortunately held up @IntergalacticGentleman who had to double stack, I came out around 10th but soon began gaining positions as I chose to go on the supers instead of the softs, and so I again found myself hunting @Raining Thunder after making my final stop for supers and on lap 24 or so I had caught up to him when I saw hi s battle with @Nakianu side by side I hung back to avoid another’s collision but what do I know as @Nakianu runs off again probably due to damage and rejoins right ahead of me, I brake early for the last corner but still managed to go into the back of @Nakianu again as yet again he broke in my opinion very early. It is annoying as incidents like this where I have ran into the back of someone even so I am a very cautious driver have cost me points especially at the likes of Canada when something similar with @Jozzers put me in the wall and out of the race. Now I will take part of the blame for the two collisions but for me to get brake tested twice by the same guy is quite annoying. Through my anger I divebombed @Raining Thunder when he to broke too early for turn 3 only for me to lose more of my wing, after getting past him I limped home with damage and a laggy pc to finish 5th and as @RichyB won again he only needs 6th in Brazil to win. but I know I am quick at Brazil so hope to have one last crack at the title

Raining Thunder

S16 AOR PC Assist League 2 Champion
Dec 7, 2017
So coming into this race yet again I had little practice as I have had to implement a revision schedule that takes up 15 hours of my free time a week. In the prior league race my pc held up fine so I had high hopes coming here even though it is not a good track for me. I knew @RichyB could seal the title today and after yet another poor qualifying of 11th I had work to do if I wanted to finish inside the top 8. I took it easy of the start dropping to 13th on the first straight due to lag only to work my way up to 7th after navigating the traffic, just as it looked like a podium was in sight @Nakianu braked super early to avoid @Raining Thunder catching me off guard and costing me an endplat of my wing. I limped on until lap 8 and was overtaken by @Borderline who yet again showed incredible pace today before I pit for repairs and unfortunately held up @IntergalacticGentleman who had to double stack, I came out around 10th but soon began gaining positions as I chose to go on the supers instead of the softs, and so I again found myself hunting @Raining Thunder after making my final stop for supers and on lap 24 or so I had caught up to him when I saw hi s battle with @Nakianu side by side I hung back to avoid another’s collision but what do I know as @Nakianu runs off again probably due to damage and rejoins right ahead of me, I brake early for the last corner but still managed to go into the back of @Nakianu again as yet again he broke in my opinion very early. It is annoying as incidents like this where I have ran into the back of someone even so I am a very cautious driver have cost me points especially at the likes of Canada when something similar with @Jozzers put me in the wall and out of the race. Now I will take part of the blame for the two collisions but for me to get brake tested twice by the same guy is quite annoying. Through my anger I divebombed @Raining Thunder when he to broke too early for turn 3 only for me to lose more of my wing, after getting past him I limped home with damage and a laggy pc to finish 5th and as @RichyB won again he only needs 6th in Brazil to win. but I know I am quick at Brazil so hope to have one last crack at the title
Hey storm, i did enjoy the battle with u, sorry for the first corner broke abit early as the last 2 races have lost front wing at the first corner. For the brakeing early later in the race had no choice my softs where at70%. To be onest i thought u would have got me on the main straight, where u running high down force?

EditedStorm27

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 26, 2016
Hey storm, i did enjoy the battle with u, sorry for the first corner broke abit early as the last 2 races have lost front wing at the first corner. For the brakeing early later in the race had no choice my softs where at70%. To be onest i thought u would have got me on the main straight, where u running high down force?
I was running 2 8 wings, as controller is rubbish through sector 2, I am sorry for the dive bombs though

Raining Thunder

S16 AOR PC Assist League 2 Champion
Dec 7, 2017
I was running 2 8 wings, as controller is rubbish through sector 2, I am sorry for the dive bombs though
Yeah its ok, i was running 3,6. Plan was 1 stop use the main straight to make it hard for ppl to overtake. Yeah controller ****, i feel ur pain.

Nakianu

Formula Karter
Dec 23, 2017
there where some instances where i needed to brake early i think, i need to watch it , i did had a yellow front wing (not sure if it was anyone's fault) ,also i was way up ahead but got an illigal overtake on biolite who was lagging and going off the track :S i gave it back (wich cost me 3 places) in hindsight i should have just kept going and let the stewards deal with the penalty... im uploading now so ill link the video in a little bit

Nakianu

Formula Karter
Dec 23, 2017

so it totally my bad for my front wing didnt expect bio to go so slow there (or i tried to get next to him but miscalculated)
@EditedStorm27 twice u came @ a bad timing... first time i had to slow down other wise i would have hit bio , then the second time you where @ the end
of my stint so my tires where pretty old and was going in to the pits

strategy again bad didnt realise it would give me an extra pit stop , so tried to do 12 laps on the ultra's but @ the last laps had no grip and @Raining Thunder
was closing rapedly , i tried to edge it out cause we where a lap down but just couldnt keep him behind

@Raining Thunder seen a lot of u in the race ;-)

Last edited:

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
My apologies to anybody who is affected by my lag during the first three laps. The video lag wasn't too bad but it actually gave me almost a half second lag in my force feedback which made the car completely undrivable . I ended up just pausing the game and turning off my recording software which solved the lag issue. I've never had a problem like that before I'll make sure it doesn't reoccur in the next race.

Borderline

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
My apologies to anybody who is affected by my lag during the first three laps. The video lag wasn't too bad but it actually gave me almost a half second lag in my force feedback which made the car completely undrivable . I ended up just pausing the game and turning off my recording software which solved the lag issue. I've never had a problem like that before I'll make sure it doesn't reoccur in the next race.
I only had to take evasive action at the beginning of the 3rd sector. Other than that you didn't cause me any problems to me.

Nakianu

Formula Karter
Dec 23, 2017
as u could see for me on my screen it was all pretty fine , u werent all over my screen , only thing i noticed was the some what unexpected lower speeds in the corners

Borderline

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
Not really much happened apart from the usual chaos in turn one. Made me loose loads of places after starting in 3rd with just 0.033s between me and Kasi in 2nd place. After that I got a bit lucky with a few guys having technical problems (like Biolite) or spinning out. Thought I would have a battle with Dwerg for 2nd place. I thought he was trying a one-stopper, but he made a pitstop about 10 or 11 laps before the end, which gave me 2nd place. After that I tried to push in the hope @RichyB was making a mistake, but it never happened...

My POV

13:35 first quali run (1:16,628)
21:55 second quali run (1:16,229)
27:10 race start
27:30 chaos at turns 1 to 3, loosing many places
28:25 chaos in stadium in sector 3
28:50 looking at the inside of turn 1 with Storm just in front of me
29:25 running wide in sector 2
29:40 I nearly crashed into Biolite while he has force feedback issues. I overtake him and Nakianu in one go.
24:00 Lag causes me to overtake Storm. He just vanishes in front of me. Now 5th place
38:40 Menk spins in front of me. 4th place
39:00 Lapping the ghosted car of Kasi
39:30 Dwerg, Head Squid and RichyB make a pitstop. 1st place.
40:50 Pitstop #1 to SuperSoft, down to 4th place. Jumped Dwerg.
42:35 Overtake on Raining Thunder with DRS.
43:50 Picking up the pace: purple lap.
47:50 Head Squid enters pit. 2nd place.
From this moment I realised Head Squid had 21 laps to go, so he must be going on Soft after beginning on SuperSoft
So with RichyB with a big gap in front of me and Dwerg behind me without having to stop again (I thought), my target would be to finish in front of Dwerg.
57:25 RichyB rejoins the track in front of me after his last stop.
1:01:15 My 2nd pitstop to UltraSoft. Rejoining 3nd behind Dwerg.
1:02:10 I see I have a 9-second gap to close to get Dwerg.
1:03:00 Dwerg makes a pitstop. I did not expect that! 2nd place again.
1:04:15 Fastest lap: 1:18.099. I kept on pushing, hoping RichyB would make a mistake.
1:07:25 I see Dwerg takes 3rd place back. From then I kept on monitoring our gap, but it was too big already.
1:15:45 RichyB crosses the finish line. I cruise towards to finish.