Jan 14, 2014
Round 18 - United States Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 12

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 5th March 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit of the Americas
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

pete day

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Hate this bit of road nt even a track lol i just
hope i dnt get lapped here

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Haven't raced here since F1 2013. I did a few TT laps the other day and it turns out that I'm awful.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I put in some solid practice a couple days ago, learnt how to drive the track but I still dislike it. Its just not fun or enjoyable to drive and probably my favourite part of the circuit is the long straight.:p

Sector 1 just feels like a eternal slog and struggle, sector 2 is probably the easiest then sector 3 is just a mix of awkward corners.

And the biggest problem I have around here is consistency, I can do a decent error free lap then the next have a poor lap, then have a decent lap then have a poor lap etc, so there's plenty for me to work on before sunday.

Elite_sultan

Ex Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 13, 2014
Love this track, not saying I'm quick round here but still love it

blake300892

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Again a track I've done well at previously, but it took a while for me to get on board with it!

Don't really think I've run it on this game yet and only once on 2015 so see if the enjoyment remains!

Plenty of time to lose in sector 1.

Oh and prior warning that I won't be and round for the next race, Mexico?
I'll be in Amsterdam instead for a boozy weekend.

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Again a track I've done well at previously, but it took a while for me to get on board with it!

Don't really think I've run it on this game yet and only once on 2015 so see if the enjoyment remains!

Plenty of time to lose in sector 1.

Amsterdam is brilliant. I went in 2013. Great city

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
This track is really harsh with warnings. But on a brighter note, I feel alright around here. Took me a while to really learn how to do S1. Still need to put some work in

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Not done a lap of practise for this race yet, but ready for a spin out if @chris130256 is still doing so still tonight...
Ok that's officially scary to read, in qualy you did a 1:38.5 and that's with no practice.:wtf::wtf::wtf:
Jesus once you get up to speed you'll probably be doing low 1:37's easy.
I've seen your TT times, so know you're quick! Lol.
What was @Elite_sultan TT time?
Hate this bit of road nt even a track lol i just
hope i dnt get lapped here
Pete your TT time was a bit quicker then Don, Chris & Bob's and the pace you showed in the race was very respectable to say the least, you have a good chance of scoring points I would think.
This track is really harsh with warnings.
That's an understatement though track limits seem inconsistent here which is a concern, during the race I put about half my car inside one of the corners in sector 1 got a warning, then later in the race at the same corner I put nearly all of my car inside but didn't get a warning.o_O:wacky:

Anyway everyone got time pens - @pete day was clearly testing out the track limits to the extreme as I think he ended up with 21 secs worth of time pens - just how did you manage to do that?:lol:

I wasn't intending to do any racing/practice tonight but once I saw this on the thread about 7:30 I thought why not:), (thanks for hosting Don) anyway from my perspective that race it has now given me more questions then answers though I can take the positive that I seemed to be a bit more consistent during that race, less driver errors were made.

Hope you enjoy your weekend away Blake(y), oh by the way don't know how much of a football fan you are but if you get the chance go watch an Ajax game, plus you can buy booze at the stadium. (seen it on tv)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: pete day