PS4 - Round 18 - United States Grand Prix - 3rd March 2019 [8:00pm (UK time)] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 18 - United States Grand Prix - 3rd March 2019 [8:00pm (UK time)]

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Round 18 - United States Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 3rd March 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit of the Americas
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@chris130256
@Da Eagle
@danio
@Nick-1054

Last edited:

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
On thing for certain here is rain because codemasters seems to think that’s all it does in Texas!

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I'll be missing this one as I'm going on holiday this Saturday. Back for Mexico but doubt I'll be on the pace though due to lack of practise?

• Informative
Reactions: Jason007

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Home race! Mixed bag of results here over the past few seasons. As @Limaro_83 said though, it always seems to rain for whatever reason?

Da Eagle

Formula Karter
Jan 6, 2015
Unfortunately i wont be able to make it for this race and the next one in Mexico. They are swapping everything around at work it's a mess there.

• Informative

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Love this track, was the scene of my first points in AOR and my first pole there last season. The race didn’t go to plan but hopefully this year will go better!

danio

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 8, 2017
I won’t be in lads tonight. Unexpected work. I am sorry for such a short notice

• Informative

Nick-1054

S16 AOR PS4 F9 Champion
Sep 1, 2018
Sadly i'll have to announce I wont be able to make it today due to school commitments. Good luck to everyone and see you all next week for the final couple races!!

• Informative

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
EDIT Turns out I had wing damage lap 1 and didn’t notice, that’s why I was so slow.

QF P3

Messed up final run 4 tenths up which would have gave me pole.
R P3
It makes it really had to enjoy this game when bugs still cause same issues. The first couple of laps seemed fine and then it felt like I was driving on ice and was losing a second a lap to @JimiRäikkönen with @monkeymeg44 gaining at that much on me. I pitted early for softs and it felt fine again for a few laps and then I just had no grip. Losing 1-2 secs a lap to PPK and then monkeymeg and @ramma managed to close in a 10 sec gap. On the last lap I got my 3sec penalty for corner cutting and that proved costly with Ramma taking 2nd spot from.

A hugely frustrating race when there was a big opportunity for me to win and it feels like the game took away my chance to battle PPK for it.

Congrats to PPK on the win, and Ramma for snatching P2 on his home gp.

Onto Mexico, only 3 races to go!

Last edited:

louielouie50

Formula Karter
Sep 13, 2018
Quali - P2: bit of a scruffy final sector which maybe cost me a shot at pole, but overall very happy.

Race - P6: decent getaway, but got stuck on the inside at T1, think I got the tiniest touch on exit and for some reason just span my car around. Nobody's fault, just frustrating physics.

New front wing, back of the field, and partly lucky we had a small grid for this one. Just ran my race on two sets of SS to the end, enjoying some overtakes on a few people thanks to the better tyres. A bit annoying as my pace here would probably have had me challenging for the podium, but I'll take the points and an entertaining drive.

JimiRäikkönen

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 4, 2018
EDIT Turns out I had wing damage lap 1 and didn’t notice, that’s why I was so slow.

QF P3

Messed up final run 4 tenths up which would have gave me pole.
R P3
It makes it really had to enjoy this game when bugs still cause same issues. The first couple of laps seemed fine and then it felt like I was driving on ice and was losing a second a lap to @JimiRäikkönen with @monkeymeg44 gaining at that much on me. I pitted early for softs and it felt fine again for a few laps and then I just had no grip. Losing 1-2 secs a lap to PPK and then monkeymeg and @ramma managed to close in a 10 sec gap. On the last lap I got my 3sec penalty for corner cutting and that proved costly with Ramma taking 2nd spot from.

A hugely frustrating race when there was a big opportunity for me to win and it feels like the game took away my chance to battle PPK for it.

Congrats to PPK on the win, and Ramma for snatching P2 on his home gp.

Onto Mexico, only 3 races to go!
Are you sure your tyres didn't overheat? :D USA is very harsh on tyre temperatures... I struggled too from overheating when I practised but setting ballast to 7 helped me to get tyres last longer.

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Are you sure your tyres didn't overheat? :D USA is very harsh on tyre temperatures... I struggled too from overheating when I practised but setting ballast to 7 helped me to get tyres last longer.
Think the damaged wing didn’t help me, if I’d known I’d have changed it in the pits.

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Q - P8
R - P9

Pre-Race Interview - COTA is hit or miss with me. My first season of AOR at COTA provided me my first ever podium finish, yet the following seasons have finished outside the points. Hoping for rain in this one considering I seem to be decent in the wet.

Qualification - Dry qualy. Waited till the end and set my lap. One thing I did wrong was run too many laps on my fastest set. This would mean nearly 4-lap worn US tyres to start the race. Ehhhh

Strategy - Standard setup here at COTA. Take the already-worn US to about Lap 10 then switch to the Softs for a one-stopper. Extra fuel for the faster sections of the track.

Race - Lap 1 Turn 1 turned into a bit of a clusterfudge, got turned into a J007 sandwich, but managed to get through without damage. However, later entering Turn 11 I locked the fronts and slid into the rear of @Salvo Failla, damaging my wing. After thoroughly facepalming myself I continued on. The understeer was absolutely horrendous! Sometime later I got an illegal overtake on @xGATECRASHERx but had no idea when and where. By not letting him by I got a 5 second stop-and-go. With the understeer from the broken wing I became an absolutely menace on the circuit. Finally pitted on Lap 8 alongside @xGATECRASHERx. Nearly a 20 second pit stop to change tyres, change wing, and server my 5 second stop-go! GAHHH! I exit the pits in P13. 19 laps of damage control at this point. My plan was to race clean, avoid damage, and avoid penalties. In the end it actually worked out with a P9, 2 points. Sure, thanks.

Post-Race Interview - Not the race I was expecting. Damaging the wing on Lap 1 definitely didn't help the cause, then factor in the 5 second stop-go. Under those circumstances I'll take a P9. Onto Mexico.

Congrats to @JimiRäikkönen on the win!
Congrats to @ramma and @Limaro_83 on rounding out the podium!
Congrats to @Nick-1054 on sealing the deal on the F9 Driver's Championship!