PC - Round 19 - Brazilian Grand Prix [11/03/2018 08:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 19 - Brazilian Grand Prix [11/03/2018 08:00PM]

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 19 - Brazilian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 11th March 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autódromo José Carlos Pace
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

schumizeu

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 10, 2016
can please someone explain to me what is happening what that ghost of "blackout"???? The top speed seems to be hacked or something.. check the video on the 2 DRS zones...

Lamp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 14, 2017
can please someone explain to me what is happening what that ghost of "blackout"???? The top speed seems to be hacked or something.. check the video on the 2 DRS zones...
what wings are you running, vs what wings are they running?

n0body_

2 Time AOR iRacing GTE Pro Champion
Jun 19, 2017
Nah he’s cheating. Massive shame to still see new ones I haven’t met before 6 months into the games life cycle, but I guess that’s what this is.

Lamp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 14, 2017
Welp ive been removed from a reserve, id love love love to have fun with you guys later today but they wont let me. I was more than looking forward to racing with you guys, ive been practicing all week and was really excited.

Theyve told me that my performance on track is not suitable for aor standards or something but failed to show me an instance of my behavior being this way. I make mistakes on track im human, and even in my videos you can see that im just making errors due to lack of play time back in the game. But i ironed out my kinks, i did 3 social races and i felt confident back on track.

I guess what im trying to say is, that everyone makes mistakes, i didn't do anything malicious on track, stir up any drama on the website, or try and hurt anyones feelings. I just wanted to race and have fun. And the times that i did make a mistake like with @Ztikes or @Hinyaldee but i wrote to them on steam and i apologized because i made errors, im not a A.I or a robot thats perfect on track. Social races are to iron out the kinks and practice right? and thats what i was trying to do.

Ive stayed out of drama on the forums and just tried to stay in my lane and be happy and race. I really do enjoy the AOR community and competitive clean fun racing. I was so happy to get a second chance and thank you guys for considering me again.

I'm sorry if anyone felt i had done anything wrong in these races, i can tell you I've tried my hardest and my best.

Snook

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Dec 16, 2017
That was an amazing battle @Jipper! It was hard but fair I think, I hope I did not step over any lines while defending

Last edited:

Levingston

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 15, 2017
Alright... another race report!

Qualy - P13
Actually my last lap was getting better. Improving it with sth like -800 but I just screwed the penultimate corner. Sooo... same old same old. Unlike many people I like Abu Dhabi so we'll see.

Race - P11
Aaaaaaanother 11th place. Jeez... Actually it was a pretty fun race with the battles on track. First trying to get around @Ronnin1978 was pretty fun. He did some good defending. However I was just not safe enough to protect my tyres during the battle so I got slower and slower and slower. After my last scheduled pit stop I made a mistake and lost the half of my FW, which slowed me down enough for @TheVerenzak to catch me up. It was a pretty good fight with my teammate though, was very entertaining for me. Like I said, I enjoy Abu Dhabi unlike many drivers so maybe I'll do better over there. Cya guys over there!

Congrats to @Snook for the win and @Jipper , @Niek van Gelder for their well deserved podiums!

TwoFiftySix

Formula Karter
Sep 3, 2017
Hi all,

after having a couple of really terrible races, I'm at least back in the points! There could've been so much more possible in the race but there were 2 huge mistakes, 1 being possibly race ending... On the first or second lap I spun my car, wanting to defend my position. I catched up really quick (and using up my SS even faster), so I was pitting to try and undercut @Ronnin1978 which worked flawlessly. On new SS I did catch up to @Scott_Aitchison on his S tires. Got the overtake done, built a gap at first, which was going away pretty quick as my tires wore pretty bad once again. So I pitted one last time onto the S tires. After a few laps I saw how much the undercut was worth here, as I was 6 seconds in front of Scott after he pitted. But he was now on the SS trying to catch up. On lap 31 he was right behind me trying to overtake me. In the end, I got it defended, probably by having the best straight line speed, and driving it like a bus in S2.

But what was the "possibly game ending mistake" I mentioned in the beginning? Well. Driving with a T300RS as always, I was going down the start/finish straight and for some reason taking off my hands from the wheel for just a second. As it's quite bumpy there, my wheel was going left-right-left-right-left-right at continously greater getting speed. Trying to get the wheel under control, I hit the wall on the straight (were I thought that my race was gonna end...) but miraculously I did not get any damage from that. Now my car was pretty much sliding uncontrolably towards T1, luckily there is this "reset zone" if you just go on instead of turning into T1. That's where my car went.

Looking forward to the season finale! Not really. Aweful track. See you!

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
Qualifying - P8
This is probably one of my favourite tracks, really wanted to do well here, didn't really get a proper lap in though since I cut on my final run with 3 tenths up.

Race - P5!
What a race that was! After a decent start I gained about 2 positions on the first lap. I pretty much nailed all my stints going SS-SS-S.

With consistent lap times I was aiming quite high in this race. Even though I got held up a bit by cars lagging in front of me for a couple laps for some reason, and losing some time, I could capitalise on someone's penalties (can't remember who it was), and finish P5. That is my best result in AOR, and it definitely felt like a podium after a flawless drive from me.

All n all, very close race. Roll on Abu Dhabi for the final round!

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Q: P2
R: P2

Qualy lap was pretty much as best as i could get, i did drop 2 tenths on my fastest lap but even that would not have been fast enough to keep pole as @Niek van Gelder managed to put in a time which would have been quicker still had i kept the 2 tenths so congrats!

Race was heartbreaking, i was off the line faster than everyone and took 1st and then i just disappeared off, i was about 3 seconds ahead of @Niek van Gelder and he was a good 4-5 seconds ahead of 3rd, by lap 3, so it was looking positive, but unfortunately we had to restart the lobby due to political reasons and so the second time round the start didnt go as well, i managed to take 1st but it took a few laps, and i didnt have a big a gap as previously, which meant my tyre strat wasnt as successful, (SS-S-SS), what also didnt help was my pit crew on my first pit stop held me in the pits after the tyres were changed, which lost me a good 3-4 seconds of time, so by this time i was fighting with @Snook but managed to keep him behind, knowing the next stint i would be on the SS and he would be on the S,

This led to a very good battle between us, unfortuantly tho as you can see in the video below, there was a massive amount of lag on @Snook he was Teleporting all over the track which was unsettling and meant i didnt want to sit directly behind him otherwise i would be taking damage, at a few points the AI actually took over his car and then he would be TP'd further up the track when the lag spike had ended, so i lost alot of time trying to avoid an AI going off the track, Lap 34 Sector 1 and 2 was the worst i definately felt like this hampered my attack alot but it was still fun none the less and it was refreshing to have an ontrack battle that is fair and not be barged all over the place.. I felt alittle bit annoyed by the end of the race due to not being able to fight properlly but it is what it is!

Congrats on the win @Snook and @Niek van Gelder for finishing the podium.

POV:

Last edited:

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
Q: P2
R: P2

Qualy lap was pretty much as best as i could get, i did drop 2 tenths on my fastest lap but even that would not have been fast enough to keep pole as @Niek van Gelder managed to put in a time which would have been quicker still had i kept the 2 tenths so congrats!

Race was heartbreaking, i was off the line faster than everyone and took 1st and then i just disappeared off, i was about 3 seconds ahead of @Niek van Gelder and he was a good 4-5 seconds ahead of 3rd, by lap 3, so it was looking positive, but unfortunately we had to restart the lobby due to political reasons and so the second time round the start didnt go as well, i managed to take 1st but it took a few laps, and i didnt have a big a gap as previously, which meant my tyre strat wasnt as successful, (SS-S-SS), what also didnt help was my pit crew on my first pit stop held me in the pits after the tyres were changed, which lost me a good 3-4 seconds of time, so by this time i was fighting with @Snook but managed to keep him behind, knowing the next stint i would be on the SS and he would be on the S,

This led to a very good battle between us, unfortuantly tho as you can see in the video below, there was a massive amount of lag on @Snook he was Teleporting all over the track which was unsettling and meant i didnt want to sit directly behind him otherwise i would be taking damage, at a few points the AI actually took over his car and then he would be TP'd further up the track when the lag spike had ended, so i lost alot of time trying to avoid an AI going off the track, Lap 34 was the worst i definately felt like this hampered my attack alot but it was still fun none the less and it was refreshing to have an ontrack battle that is fair and not be barged all over the place.. I felt alittle bit annoyed by the end of the race due to not being able to fight properlly but it is what it is!

Congrats on the win @Snook and @Niek van Gelder for finishing the podium.

POV:

I have noticed that some people have started lagging around a lot the last couple races. I don't think it's from my side because I've got a pretty stable connection. Pretty annoying to be honest, almost destroyed my race through that as well.

Reactions: Jipper

Snook

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Dec 16, 2017
Qualy P4
Race P1
Pretty enjoyable race after battling @Jipper and @Niek van Gelder both strategically and wheel to wheel all race long and coming out on top.

After the first round of stops, I put on ss tyres and chased after @Jipper who out on softs instead. He managed to hold me off and keep me at bay, which hurt my strategy by not being able to put a gap on him.

I had pit early to jump @Jipper, but he would have fresh ss, vs my softs but it was a risk I had to take. I also had to pass @Niek van Gelder quickly as possible to buy myself as much as time before Jipper came back at me. In the end our roles were reversed, I managed to hold Jipper off for 5 or so laps, which got my heart pumping fast for a very long time.

I saw the 1-2 times that my car lagged which was unfortunate but I am still very happy to be able to come out on top after a race long battle.

Well done to @Niek van Gelder for P3, putting us 8 points behind Mercedes in the constructors, setting up a season finale.

I also want to congratulate @Jipper for sealing the F6 title! His form on the second half of the season has been superb.

Last edited:

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
Q- 6th
R- 8th

Didn't put my best sectors together and overall I was a few tenths off what I could have done. Race start was ok, managed to get through the first few laps safely, lap 2 I lost 3 places which was a bit off-putting for the next few laps, but I then started making up positions again and when I made my first stop, I was running 7th. During my next stint, I was passed by @TwoFiftySix, I managed to stay close and was hoping I could catch him on my final stint. I managed to catch up for my final stint but he was just too close on the straights which meant that I finished 8th. Overall, a clean and quiet race which was surprising as this is probably my worst track. My POV is below:

Reactions: TheVerenzak

R.A.J.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Q 3
R 13

So yes qualy, first stint didn't go so well as I timed my exit wrong and had to let pretty much the whole field by so had cold tires and didn't put in that good of a time.
Second attempt, much better position track wise and I, as they say, nailed it with what was probably my best qualy lap of the season (sure lets wait until second last race of season to do that). Was less than a tenth behind @Jipper so I will take that as a victory :D

Race (second start)
Got away pretty good, maintained 3rd and was pulling a bit of a gap then on start of lap 3 I bottled it, went a bit deep into turn 1 and got tires on kerb which when I stepped on the gas decided I should spin. Went from 3rd to 15th in one corner and got yellow front wing for my troubles. Tried to continue but didn't have grip I wanted so pitted early and change to a two soft stint strategy.
Had some good racing with @Andrei Ivan and others but was still languishing back in 13th so decided to try and get fastest lap and pitted for SS with 4 or 5 laps to go.
Once again my timing sucked as I came out behind @Indigo and @Ztikes I believe and because I was a back marker to them I didn't really get to push it as hard as I could so as not to interfere.
Oh and then the stupid Geforce thing decided it didn't want to stream anymore so didn't even get the full race recorded. Didn't want to pull over to try and get it going again oh well.

Snook

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Dec 16, 2017
You can pause the game and the AI will drive for you @R.A.J. , you can do that when you need to do something in the background. AI level is 80 so you probably won't lose more than a second if you are quick at what you do in the background.

R.A.J.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
You can pause the game and the AI will drive for you @R.A.J. , you can do that when you need to do something in the background. AI level is 80 so you probably won't lose more than a second if you are quick at what you do in the background.
Yeah I knew that but it pissed me off so I decided to just let it sit there and think about what it had done and how it can improve itself for next time and why I shouldn't replace it with OBS. I don't think it really cared to be honest.
That and the rest of the race was pretty much a non event, trust me I was there.