PS4 - Round 19 - Brazilian Grand Prix [11/03/2018 8:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 19 - Brazilian Grand Prix [11/03/2018 8:00PM]

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 19 - Brazilian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 11th March 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autódromo José Carlos Pace
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@S40TYD
@Rabid_Donkey96
@Senaattori
@ColonelGaddafi
@Tigerkart_22
@CombiKoermi

Last edited:

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
How's everyone doing here? I've put some laps in and I'm fairly happy with my consistency. Just hope I'm quick enough! =)

advanceapple

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 11, 2017
now you can also say that my goal as well as last to get third in the general has vanished in a flash with a vomiting race (if it rains I do not understand why we should start with the dry tires ... let's forget that it is better. )
an uncontainable @Roadhouse pole and victory compliments :).
Well only the last race is missing except for unforeseen events I should honor the commitment made.
It was a long season with ups and downs but with a huge growth with the steering wheel I never expected to win a race and get to the podium in some races.
I take the opportunity to thank @DON SILVA and all the staff AOR very efficient organization, I thank some of you with whom I had the pleasure of running and dueling, but it is time to announce (for some it will be a release) that at the end of the race abu dabhi 90% the next championship will not be part of your starting grid of which I repeat I was more than happy even if the game is what it is, and in view of 2018 the prospect is quite black.
I conclude that it was a good experience even if to communicate with the translator was not really the best, we try to have fun at abu dabhi.

MattDavies2511

PS4 S14 F4 and PCars S9 GT3 Semi-Pro Champion
Jan 15, 2017
Race POV:
Quali: P3
Having only done a hour or so practice after being away for the weekend I was not as confident as I would have wanted to be going into this race. However I was very happy to see in quali that both the sessions were forecast to be wet. My first laps were good I knew there was still time to be found, however the rain increased and this became almost impossible to improve my lap time. I was still ahead of @SolidNinjaSnake on the grid so for me that was a win :rofl::rofl:

Race: P5
I am very salty over this one as everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong. When I saw that we would be start on drys I knew this would be a race of mayhem, I had put a full wet setup on as well which wasn't going to suit the conditions at all:D Nothing spectacular really happened for the first few laps, I dropped off the top 2 quite quickly and wasn't willing to take many risks on overtaking @ii_Deccaaaaa_ii I saw that @SolidNinjaSnake had past @KaneIyanda on lap 12 or so and then started to close on me. On lap 14 he went for a move around the outside thankfully I was able to hold position, even with a bit of wheel banging ;) This is where it all went wrong for me. I had not realised everyone was pitting for inters on lap 14 or 15, I had also not seen or been told that DRS had been disabled until it was too late. It was suggested that I pitted for SS tyres and i did seeing that at the time 1st was @Roadhouse on softs and 3rd was @nezehran on Mediums, I thought for some silly reason drys were the right ones to be on. Once I came out and drove behind @SolidNinjaSnake I knew I had messed up. I had to pit straight away for inters, doing so I sped in the pitlane being unable to slow the car down enough and locking it all up.

From this point I had to just get my head down and set quick times. I managed to catch up to @nezehran until he made a mistake at one of the hairpins. Next up was @TheTubbyNinja who made things very hard for me. It took a long time until I got through when I chucked caution to the wind and got through on the brakes at T1.

Here comes another mistake, when I saw everyone jumping into the pits for dry's I just followed... This was stupid again, in hindsight I knew that was a massive mistake as if I hadn't of pit I could have potentially got back infront of @SolidNinjaSnake as the track was not ready for dries. I also had to take a 5sec stop go which pit the nails into the coffin really. I managed to get passed @TheTubbyNinja again at T1 tried my best to catch upto @KaneIyanda I was closing but sadly I was unable to take the last lap due to @Roadhouse wiping the floor from us all.

Congrats to all the podiums finishers and really good drive. Congrats to @SolidNinjaSnake for making my life difficult and Congrats again to @Roadhouse for the most dominant win of the season

If my maths is correct I have a 19 point lead into the last round? which would mean if I finished P7 or higher I am champion in Abu Dhabi??

Reactions: KaneIyanda

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Race POV:
Having only done a hour or so practice after being away for the weekend I was not as confident as I would have wanted to be going into this race. However I was very happy to see in quali that both the sessions were forecast to be wet. My first laps were good I knew there was still time to be found, however the rain increased and this became almost impossible to improve my lap time. I was still ahead of @SolidNinjaSnake on the grid so for me that was a win :rofl::rofl:

I am very salty over this one as everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong. When I saw that we would be start on drys I knew this would be a race of mayhem, I had put a full wet setup on as well which wasn't going to suit the conditions at all:D Nothing spectacular really happened for the first few laps, I dropped off the top 2 quite quickly and wasn't willing to take many risks on overtaking @ii_Deccaaaaa_ii I saw that @SolidNinjaSnake had past @KaneIyanda on lap 12 or so and then started to close on me. On lap 14 he went for a move around the outside thankfully I was able to hold position, even with a bit of wheel banging ;) This is where it all went wrong for me. I had not realised everyone was pitting for inters on lap 14 or 15, I had also not seen or been told that DRS had been disabled until it was too late. It was suggested that I pitted for SS tyres and i did seeing that at the time 1st was @Roadhouse on softs and 3rd was @nezehran on Mediums, I thought for some silly reason drys were the right ones to be on. Once I came out and drove behind @SolidNinjaSnake I knew I had messed up. I had to pit straight away for inters, doing so I sped in the pitlane being unable to slow the car down enough and locking it all up.

From this point I had to just get my head down and set quick times. I managed to catch up to @nezehran until he made a mistake at one of the hairpins. Next up was @TheTubbyNinja who made things very hard for me. It took a long time until I got through when I chucked caution to the wind and got through on the brakes at T1.

Here comes another mistake, when I saw everyone jumping into the pits for dry's I just followed... This was stupid again, in hindsight I knew that was a massive mistake as if I hadn't of pit I could have potentially got back infront of @SolidNinjaSnake as the track was not ready for dries. I also had to take a 5sec stop go which pit the nails into the coffin really. I managed to get passed @TheTubbyNinja again at T1 tried my best to catch upto @KaneIyanda I was closing but sadly I was unable to take the last lap due to @Roadhouse wiping the floor from us all.

Congrats to all the podiums finishers and really good drive. Congrats to @SolidNinjaSnake for making my life difficult and Congrats again to @Roadhouse for the most dominant win of the season

If my maths is correct I have a 19 point lead into the last round? which would mean if I finished P7 or higher I am champion in Abu Dhabi??
I'll update the results in a bit in order to confirm that

Reactions: MattDavies2511

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Race POV:

Shoutout to Jeff! My secret undercover agent tricking you to go on the dry tyres! :p:hilarious:

I'll try and do my race report a bit later but basically, a really lucky result!

Reactions: MattDavies2511

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Qualifying
Absolutely gutted when I saw it was a wet qualifying, then more disappointment when I saw it was a wet race as well...

The first lap wasn't great as I almost lost the car on the exit of T4. My second lap I was 9 tenths up before I realised I messed up. Pitted and headed back out but at this point it was starting to rain more, which I'm not sure if it actually caused any problems tbh, I think it was more down to me making mistakes.

My third lap I improved by 6 tenths so still down from that 9 tenths I could have had before. My fourth lap I was 5 tenths up by the end of the first sector until I got on the curb on the exit of T5 and nearly slid off into the barrier! So one last lap to try and pull something from this qualifying, but I lost time at T5... again... In the end I improved by 0.054 for a 1:19.778, when really I should have qualified with a 1:19.0... Which would have put me 2nd or 3rd, but due to my constant mistakes, I qualified in 7th. Not a great start.

Race
I was surprised to see the race strategy had chosen dry tyres to start with considering it was raining. I was actually trying to figure out how the hell to put inters on haha! Thankfully starting the race I saw everyone else on them too so that was a relief! :hilarious:

Received contact at T1 from @Tincan394 I believe but thankfully not enough to take me out, only pushed wide slightly which dropped me down to P8. Then quickly after the Senna Esses, @JohnnyR95 and @advanceapple came together in front of me, forcing me to go around them to take P6. Heading up the hill to T6 I see both @KaneIyanda and @TheTubbyNinja run wide and onto the grass. I thought I'd try to quickly dart down the inside of them rejoining the track but TubbyNinja actually went to make a pass on Kane! So I ended up running into the side of TubbyNinja which put me on the grass briefly. Thankfully it didn't take us out and I don't think either of us got damage. Pretty lucky to get away with that, could have been much worse! Sorry about that @TheTubbyNinja! I actually passed him from the incident but got the message saying it was an illegal overtake, so I gave the position back. Lap 2 however, @TheTubbyNinja went wide at T1 which let me pass around the outside of T2 to put me up into 5th. I thought that was it but then out of nowhere, he tried a pass at T11! I had already turned in when I felt a bump on my side, but I was able to maintain the position.

@KaneIyanda was 2 seconds ahead with @MattDavies2511 just ahead of him, which once the rain had stopped and the track was drying out, I was able to catch up to them. I felt like I was faster than them in the dry which added more disappointment to the fact it wasn't a dry race. Although to be fair, I can't really say that I was faster for sure since it wasn't properly dry conditions, but in the current conditions at least, I thought I was faster. With that being said it still wasn't easy to pass them! It wasn't until the end of Lap 10 where Kane got on the curb on the exit of T12 and then hit the inside curb of T13, that I knew I'd have a good run on him. I made the move at T1 down the inside which I thought was that done, but he held on next to me where I didn't give him enough room and had contact on my rear, causing me to drift slightly. We ended up going side by side down the straight where I held onto the inside to finally complete the pass at T4. Sorry about that!

I caught up to @MattDavies2511 a few laps later, where at this point it had started raining again, and on Lap 14 just as I got to the line to activate DRS, my bloody DRS went offline due to a fault haha! Typical, but thankfully I was still able to close him down and I went for the move at T1 where he defended the inside, forcing me to go around the outside which then of course I'd have the inside for T2. I thought I had the pass done until my car started to slide, forcing me to quickly correct the car but Matt was still alongside me, where I ended up bumping into him! Thankfully it didn't seem to affect him at all as he carried on his way, while it sent my car towards the edge of the track, giving him the position back. Again, apologies for that! At the end of the lap, I got the suggestion to pit for dry tyres which I accepted and dived in, while Matt continued on.

I pushed on my out-lap to try and undercut him when going through the Senna Esses, I see on the HUD that he's exiting the pits on Super Softs! Couldn't believe my luck! I just got passed him as he got out of the pit exit too, where I knew I could take it easier now, knowing he'd be pitting again. For the rest of this stint I tried catching up to @ii_Deccaaaaa_ii but I wasn't really able to with the gap staying most of the time at about 4 seconds until towards the end of it where it did close down a bit, while @KaneIyanda behind me managed to close me down a bit as well. I spent a lot of time trying to work out if my tyres would last until the end, to the point where I forgot to keep track of my fuel and was way under haha! So I had to start saving a bit. Decca pitted on Lap 30 while I carried on for a bit to still think about my tyre wear when on Lap 32 I received the message suggesting to switch to dry tyres, just in time since my tyre wear was in the 70's. So I dove into the pits that lap, where on the exit I came out ahead of Decca and was ahead by 7 seconds. So I guess he pitted for them a bit too early. I had no chance of catching up with @Roadhouse for the last few laps who was a massive 44 seconds ahead! Managed to take a few seconds off it but that was it. So I took it easy and finished in 2nd place.

So the race was a pretty good first half I'd say with the second half being a bit dull. I was really lucky with this race with @MattDavies2511's pitstop mistake which has now caused the Championship to go down to the final race. Albeit for me to win I need him to finish no higher than 8th with me winning I believe? Guess I'll give it a shot at least!
Apologies to @TheTubbyNinja, @KaneIyanda and @MattDavies2511 for the contact in the race. I do think I was a bit too eager for the pass on the first lap against TubbyNinja, while I should have left more space for Kane. I couldn't really do much with Matt's one since I was oversteering and had to correct but apologies still.
Huge congrats to @Roadhouse who absolutely dominated the race! Amazing drive! Congrats to @ii_Deccaaaaa_ii as well for taking 3rd! =)

So, onto the last race of the season! Feels like it's flown by! All the best to @MattDavies2511 for the Championship decider! As well as everyone else who are still fighting for positions in the Championship. =)

TheTubbyNinja

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Oct 15, 2017
Qualifying
Absolutely gutted when I saw it was a wet qualifying, then more disappointment when I saw it was a wet race as well...

The first lap wasn't great as I almost lost the car on the exit of T4. My second lap I was 9 tenths up before I realised I messed up. Pitted and headed back out but at this point it was starting to rain more, which I'm not sure if it actually caused any problems tbh, I think it was more down to me making mistakes.

My third lap I improved by 6 tenths so still down from that 9 tenths I could have had before. My fourth lap I was 5 tenths up by the end of the first sector until I got on the curb on the exit of T5 and nearly slid off into the barrier! So one last lap to try and pull something from this qualifying, but I lost time at T5... again... In the end I improved by 0.054 for a 1:19.778, when really I should have qualified with a 1:19.0... Which would have put me 2nd or 3rd, but due to my constant mistakes, I qualified in 7th. Not a great start.

Race
I was surprised to see the race strategy had chosen dry tyres to start with considering it was raining. I was actually trying to figure out how the hell to put inters on haha! Thankfully starting the race I saw everyone else on them too so that was a relief! :hilarious:

Received contact at T1 from @Tincan394 I believe but thankfully not enough to take me out, only pushed wide slightly which dropped me down to P8. Then quickly after the Senna Esses, @JohnnyR95 and @advanceapple came together in front of me, forcing me to go around them to take P6. Heading up the hill to T6 I see both @KaneIyanda and @TheTubbyNinja run wide and onto the grass. I thought I'd try to quickly dart down the inside of them rejoining the track but TubbyNinja actually went to make a pass on Kane! So I ended up running into the side of TubbyNinja which put me on the grass briefly. Thankfully it didn't take us out and I don't think either of us got damage. Pretty lucky to get away with that, could have been much worse! Sorry about that @TheTubbyNinja! I actually passed him from the incident but got the message saying it was an illegal overtake, so I gave the position back. Lap 2 however, @TheTubbyNinja went wide at T1 which let me pass around the outside of T2 to put me up into 5th. I thought that was it but then out of nowhere, he tried a pass at T11! I had already turned in when I felt a bump on my side, but I was able to maintain the position.

@KaneIyanda was 2 seconds ahead with @MattDavies2511 just ahead of him, which once the rain had stopped and the track was drying out, I was able to catch up to them. I felt like I was faster than them in the dry which added more disappointment to the fact it wasn't a dry race. Although to be fair, I can't really say that I was faster for sure since it wasn't properly dry conditions, but in the current conditions at least, I thought I was faster. With that being said it still wasn't easy to pass them! It wasn't until the end of Lap 10 where Kane got on the curb on the exit of T12 and then hit the inside curb of T13, that I knew I'd have a good run on him. I made the move at T1 down the inside which I thought was that done, but he held on next to me where I didn't give him enough room and had contact on my rear, causing me to drift slightly. We ended up going side by side down the straight where I held onto the inside to finally complete the pass at T4. Sorry about that!

I caught up to @MattDavies2511 a few laps later, where at this point it had started raining again, and on Lap 14 just as I got to the line to activate DRS, my bloody DRS went offline due to a fault haha! Typical, but thankfully I was still able to close him down and I went for the move at T1 where he defended the inside, forcing me to go around the outside which then of course I'd have the inside for T2. I thought I had the pass done until my car started to slide, forcing me to quickly correct the car but Matt was still alongside me, where I ended up bumping into him! Thankfully it didn't seem to affect him at all as he carried on his way, while it sent my car towards the edge of the track, giving him the position back. Again, apologies for that! At the end of the lap, I got the suggestion to pit for dry tyres which I accepted and dived in, while Matt continued on.

I pushed on my out-lap to try and undercut him when going through the Senna Esses, I see on the HUD that he's exiting the pits on Super Softs! Couldn't believe my luck! I just got passed him as he got out of the pit exit too, where I knew I could take it easier now, knowing he'd be pitting again. For the rest of this stint I tried catching up to @ii_Deccaaaaa_ii but I wasn't really able to with the gap staying most of the time at about 4 seconds until towards the end of it where it did close down a bit, while @KaneIyanda behind me managed to close me down a bit as well. I spent a lot of time trying to work out if my tyres would last until the end, to the point where I forgot to keep track of my fuel and was way under haha! So I had to start saving a bit. Decca pitted on Lap 30 while I carried on for a bit to still think about my tyre wear when on Lap 32 I received the message suggesting to switch to dry tyres, just in time since my tyre wear was in the 70's. So I dove into the pits that lap, where on the exit I came out ahead of Decca and was ahead by 7 seconds. So I guess he pitted for them a bit too early. I had no chance of catching up with @Roadhouse for the last few laps who was a massive 44 seconds ahead! Managed to take a few seconds off it but that was it. So I took it easy and finished in 2nd place.

So the race was a pretty good first half I'd say with the second half being a bit dull. I was really lucky with this race with @MattDavies2511's pitstop mistake which has now caused the Championship to go down to the final race. Albeit for me to win I need him to finish no higher than 8th with me winning I believe? Guess I'll give it a shot at least!
Apologies to @TheTubbyNinja, @KaneIyanda and @MattDavies2511 for the contact in the race. I do think I was a bit too eager for the pass on the first lap against TubbyNinja, while I should have left more space for Kane. I couldn't really do much with Matt's one since I was oversteering and had to correct but apologies still.
Huge congrats to @Roadhouse who absolutely dominated the race! Amazing drive! Congrats to @ii_Deccaaaaa_ii as well for taking 3rd! =)

So, onto the last race of the season! Feels like it's flown by! All the best to @MattDavies2511 for the Championship decider! As well as everyone else who are still fighting for positions in the Championship. =)
No hard feelings over the contact. Conditions were hectic and those opening two laps were very close. Also my 'attempted move' on you at T11 was mostly an accident. Completely locked up but then thought 'oh crap there's a little space here.' If I remember rightly i think i touched you a bit, sorry for that.

• Friendly
Reactions: SolidNinjaSnake