Jan 13, 2014
Round 19 - Brazilian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
● Date: Sunday 11th March 2018
● Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Circuit: Autódromo José Carlos Pace
● Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
● Results & Standings
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

@Hobbit
@Anton Mineev
@Haze

Last edited:

joshualuke1993

S14 AOR PS4 F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Right then to try and get our league a bit more engaged in the forum I would like you all to answer the following questions.

1. What is you goal for this race?

2. What is your top 3 qualifying & Race predictions?

3. What are your predictions for yourself?

4. What are your thoughts of the season so far?

5. Would people be interested to take part next season? (Nothing confirmed yet)

@Giinis @blake300892 @Haze @Joost @Wimstradamus @Oner Schumacher @Donks @SaMadhi_ @Obsession @Junybean463 @Big-Kid-Daddy @Anton Mineev @Hobbit @Rick_motogp_35

If missed anyone out plz @ them as I have done it quickly as I'm at work haha

Last edited:

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Right then to try and get our league a bit more engaged in the forum I would like you all to answer the following questions.

3. What are your thoughts of the season so far?

4. Would people be interested to take part next season? (Nothing confirmed yet)

@Giinis @blake300892 @Haze @Joost @Wimstradamus @Oner Schumacher @Donks @SaMadhi_ @Obsession @Junybean463 @Big-Kid-Daddy @Anton Mineev @Hobbit @Rick_motogp_35

Tut naughty,
I'm at work too .

1. What is you goal for this race? Turn up, race and try and be competitive for top 4

2. What is your top 3 qualifying & Race predictions? Joshualuke, Blake, Anton for race and quali.

3. What are your predictions for yourself? 6th

4. What are your thoughts of the season so far? not been competitive enough apart from Hungary , never got to grips with the handling of the game and not keen on it either compared to F1 games of old.

5. Would people be interested to take part next season? (Nothing confirmed yet) possibly not as do not have time to do 2 leagues at a time and practice enough .

Reactions: joshualuke1993

Wimstradamus

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T5 Champion
Premium Member
May 7, 2016
1. What is you goal for this race? P1.

2. What is your top 3 qualifying & Race predictions? depends on who's coming, but josh or haze are the ones to beat for p1.

3. What are your predictions for yourself? top ten qualy, podium finish maybe?

4. What are your thoughts of the season so far? personally my racing is going good (faster), the grid shrinking is making it less fun.

5. Would people be interested to take part next season? (Nothing confirmed yet) Yes i'm interested, but im also picking my project cars 2 racing up so all depends on the calendar.

Oner Schumacher

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 9, 2017

1. What is you goal for this race? P1 (IF Joshualuke=DNF)

2. What is your top 3 qualifying & Race predictions? DON'T CARE...

3. What are your predictions for yourself? P1 (IF Joshualuke=DNF)

4. What are your thoughts of the season so far? It was good, but full grid attendance is needed...

5. Would people be interested to take part next season? (Nothing confirmed yet) I am interested to be part of AOL league...

Obsession

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 1, 2018
1. What is you goal for this race? top 6

2. What is your top 3 qualifying & Race predictions? 1joshua 2 haze 3 airo blake

3. What are your predictions for yourself? top6

4. What are your thoughts of the season so far? starting late in the season i din't expect much. made mistakes but got alot faster in short time geting top 1k in TT now. consistancy is still lacking since i have fucked up every single race sofar.

5. Would people be interested to take part next season? (Nothing confirmed yet) defenitly want to race another seasons !!! idc in wich f league aslong as i can join in i'l be happy i can only race sunday evening tough no other days.

Joost

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 13, 2016
1. What is you goal for this race? Another podium finish.

2. What is your top 3 qualifying & Race predictions? Josh, Blake, Wimstradamus

3. What are your predictions for yourself? 4th

4. What are your thoughts of the season so far? Good season. At the start of the season the grid is full, but at the end of the season people are not coming. That is disappointing.

5. Would people be interested to take part next season? (Nothing confirmed yet) Yes.

Donks

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 6, 2015
Oooo. This is fun, like the Thursday media session . Ok. Right. Ummm. Let me think

1. What is you goal for this race? I’d like to say podium but with a full frid top 6 is the best I can expect on pace. I try to be consistent so if you spin or make a mistake I can be one awkward **** to pass

2. What is your top 3 qualifying & Race predictions? @joshualuke1993 for sure, Josh has shown consistently he is F1-3 pace. My team mate @blake300892 who also rocks . Third between @Obsession who has real pace, @Joost who I’ve raced for years and is also consistently at least 1 - 1.5 seconds ahead, and @Giinis who has also shown that kind of pace. For me it’s consistency and not “over driving” that will decide who comes out on top. For some reason I can never so the results on my iPad so Im deciding from memory.

3. What are your predictions for yourself? 7th if it’s a full field. 4th if it’s same as last week. I really struggle in the slow corners and the hard right at the ducks bill and the final left before the pit straight I’m bound to lose time. It’s me or my set up. But I’ll have fun either way

4. What are your thoughts of the season so far? IMHO the TT didn’t really work. It’s critical that everyone does their best in them so it results in close and fun racing. Our field is too spread out, more spread out than I have ever experienced and I joined 5 years ago. As always there was some learning in etiquette in the first few races and race craft has improved. Competitors need to follow the car in front and decide when best to pass, not just dive bomb at any mistake and cause chaos. @Wimstradamus race on Sunday was the perfect example of “How to do it”. Although through the corners he was faster, he had respect and showed integrity how he raced, and if it wasn’t for a small mistake it would have paid off. I’ve expericed other who have tried to go for gap in places that you simply can’t pass and had their wings taken off and also spoiled my race. Being faster than those in front doesn’t give you the right to be an idiot and pass anywhere. Choose the moment or pit strategy will earn you the respect you deserve

5. Would people be interested to take part next season? (Nothing confirmed yet). Of course, I’ve got the pro coming and a 4K tv. For some reason my headset sound keeps going really crackly and makes me drive like a dummy. It’s not the headset or wires as all hav3 been replaced so it may be the PS4 so a new one and TV will be here for Brazil. Won’t make me faster but my experience will be more fun, and that’s what it’s all about. I drive my own cars round tracks as I love the experience. I’m an F1 fan and doing Silverstone as I do and hav3 done every year since senna and mansell and my trip this year is to Austin for the US GP, gonna spend a week or two in Texas . I’ll be here no matter what happens.
Just like to thank you all, I know the field has shrunk as it always does at the end of the season, although not as drastically as this season, but i do enjoy sharing Sunday evenings with you lot . We should also so more socials on a day we all agree with more chat? That’s fir season 15 or 14.5 whichever the wonderful administrators choose to do.
Love you all, and don’t forget it’s mothers day

Last edited:

Obsession

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 1, 2018
Oooo. This is fun, like the Thursday media session . Ok. Right. Ummm. Let me think

1. What is you goal for this race? I’d like to say podium but with a full frid top 6 is the best I can expect on pace. I try to be consistent so if you spin or make a mistake I can be one awkward **** to pass

2. What is your top 3 qualifying & Race predictions? @joshualuke1993 for sure, Josh has shown consistently he is F1-3 pace. My team mate @Haze who also rocks . Third between @Obsession who has real pace, @Joost who I’ve raced for years and is also consistently at least 1 - 1.5 seconds ahead, and @Giinis who has also shown that kind of pace. For me it’s consistency and not “over driving” that will decide who comes out on top. For some reason I can never so the results on my iPad so Im deciding from memory.

3. What are your predictions for yourself? 7th if it’s a full field. 4th if it’s same as last week. I really struggle in the slow corners and the hard right at the ducks bill and the final left before the pit straight I’m bound to lose time. It’s me or my set up. But I’ll have fun either way

4. What are your thoughts of the season so far? IMHO the TT didn’t really work. It’s critical that everyone does their best in them so it results in close and fun racing. Our field is too spread out, more spread out than I have ever experienced and I joined 5 years ago. As always there was some learning in etiquette in the first few races and race craft has improved. Competitors need to follow the car in front and decide when best to pass, not just dive bomb at any mistake and cause chaos. @Wimstradamus race on Sunday was the perfect example of “How to do it”. Although through the corners he was faster, he had respect and showed integrity how he raced, and if it wasn’t for a small mistake it would have paid off. I’ve expericed other who have tried to go for gap in places that you simply can’t pass and had their wings taken off and also spoiled my race. Being faster than those in front doesn’t give you the right to be an idiot and pass anywhere. Choose the moment or pit strategy will earn you the respect you deserve

5. Would people be interested to take part next season? (Nothing confirmed yet). Of course, I’ve got the pro coming and a 4K tv. For some reason my headset sound keeps going really crackly and makes me drive like a dummy. It’s not the headset or wires as all hav3 been replaced so it may be the PS4 so a new one and TV will be here for Brazil. Won’t make me faster but my experience will be more fun, and that’s what it’s all about. I drive my own cars round tracks as I love the experience. I’m an F1 fan and doing Silverstone as I do and hav3 done every year since senna and mansell and my trip this year is to Austin for the US GP, gonna spend a week or two in Texas . I’ll be here no matter what happens.
Just like to thank you all, I know the field has shrunk as it always does at the end of the season, although not as drastically as this season, but i do enjoy sharing Sunday evenings with you lot . We should also so more socials on a day we all agree with more chat? That’s fir season 15 or 14.5 whichever the wonderful administrators choose to do.
thank you for the compliment <3 i don't see myself top 3 material but i'm practicing my butt off and i agree with everything you said hopefully next season more people show consistantly :) Ps try my setup on time trail its not fastest but in race distancy verry consistant.

blake300892

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 13, 2014

2. What is your top 3 qualifying & Race predictions? @joshualuke1993 for sure, Josh has shown consistently he is F1-3 pace. My team mate @Haze who also rocks . Third between @Obsession who has real pace, @Joost who I’ve raced for years and is also consistently at least 1 - 1.5 seconds ahead, and @Giinis who has also shown that kind of pace. For me it’s consistency and not “over driving” that will decide who comes out on top. For some reason I can never so the results on my iPad so Im deciding from memory.

You abandoned McLaren late on with that teammate comment? ;)

joshualuke1993

S14 AOR PS4 F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
1. What is you goal for this race? Hopefully P1, I am hoping everyone turns up as there is a few drivers with the capability of winning this race.

Q - P1. Myself P2. Haze P3. Giinis
R - P1. Myself P2.Haze P3. Blake

I predcit a riot couldn't resist. Hopefully claiming P1 but all in all just want a good clean fight for it.

I have enjoyed the season as initally knew it was going to be tough especially since I just got a wheel with less than a week to the opening race. And oh did it help managed to get quicker week by week and by Russia I found my stride and usually been in the top few since.

Yes. Hopefully will be the top few tiers (depending on the numbers of people joining)

Haze

Formula Karter
Oct 30, 2014
Turn up and have some fun, I hope theres more people challenging for pole.

I think it will be close between Giinis, Joshua, Blake and me.

Pole should be possible if I get some practice in.

It's been somewhat enjoyable, I haven't really been motivated to practice this season and still been around the top 3. If the grid was a lot tighter in pace this season it would make it a lot more unpredictable and fun.

Yes.

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
What lap time we aiming for? Going to put a few laps in tonight.
With my new racing chair, it really does make the F1 experience so more enjoyable after having a quick go,

with it fixed solid into the platform , the bumps and feedback feel so much better.
Makes me wonder how the hell I played with a wheel clamped to the ironing board.

Hopefully with no distractions and a better feel of the wheel it will make me a little more competitive but still get lots of oversteer snap on certain corners if I try and push so got get my head round this tonight with practice.

Last edited:

Obsession

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 1, 2018
Next week for abu dabi i can't come going on holidays. already can't wait for next season!

Donks

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 6, 2015
Q 3
R 5

Best ever qualify, no idea where it came from and it all falls apart after 10seconds into T1 where I’m hit in the rear by @Big-Kid-Daddy. I’m at the back but get past @Junybean463 and a mistake or incident with my team mate @blake300892 (who we battle with at the end) on lap top and I’m up to 8th.
I’m catching @Joost and @Wimstradamus who are having a battle but @Junybean463 gets in my slipstream in lap 3 and makes a pass into T1. @Junybean463 loses grip in T2 and horror of horrors I catch his rear and with wing damage have to pit . I pit for softs on lap 4 and get into a rhythm. Manage to jump a few as the first round of pits take place and I’m up to 6th my lap 12 and 5th by lap 17. Than another disaster with a puncture on lap 21. Never saw that coming. I limp into the pits in lap 21 and switch to softs but the stupid pit crew put on super softs. Even though I has softs on the tyre selection, Ahhh Long way to go on S/S... I exit pits in 8th and decide to take it easy to see if I can finish the race in the S/S. Pit stops sees me climb to 6th the next lap and a mistake from @Big-Kid-Daddy on lap 31 has be up to 5th. I’m easing the car home, coasting into corners to make sure the tyres last and I don’t have another puncture. @blake300892 causes me to take extra care the last couple of laps so I finish 5th. With a clean race am sure I would have had another podium..... I’ve no idea where I sit as I can’t se results on my iPad and don’t have a laptop. One race to go....not one of my better tracks and can’t do the point and squirt sections.

Reactions: Obsession