England
Round 2 - Bahrain Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 20

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 13th September 2020
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Bahrain International Circuit
Laps: 29

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
London
Just don’t seem to have any pace here. After the disasterclass in Australia, I’ll struggle to score points here

McBorix

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 28, 2020
Spain
Just don’t seem to have any pace here. After the disasterclass in Australia, I’ll struggle to score points here

Do not be so pessimistic, races are unpredictable, many times it has happened to me to expect a great result on a track that I am great at and then it turns out that due to situations that are not within your reach, you are left out of that result that you expected so much and yet Clues that are not good for you, your luck may smile and end up in a much higher position than expected

olavstar

Pro Karter
Jul 29, 2020
netherlands
Did a fun 25% race with a friend of mine, yesterday, not really to practise or anything, just happend to be the next on the list, but my pace really surprised me as its not my favourite track and I didn't do any practise yet

Oner Schumacher

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 9, 2017
Switzerland
In this circuit exiting from the corner is much more important than entering to it. Your driving style is important. I normally like oversteer setup but it is not good at this track. While accelerating you need a firm back. IMO

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
Right then... practice has yielded promising results.

So prepare for a Yellow bottle on Sunday.

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
London
Do not be so pessimistic, races are unpredictable, many times it has happened to me to expect a great result on a track that I am great at and then it turns out that due to situations that are not within your reach, you are left out of that result that you expected so much and yet Clues that are not good for you, your luck may smile and end up in a much higher position than expected

I’ve been here for a very long time. I can count on one hand the amount of times I’ve found some surprise pace and exceeded my prior expectations

GTX_23x

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 24, 2019
France
Hi everyone, I think we are going to have a funny race. Some drivers seem fast on this track in CLM so GL all for tonight.

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
Well, I am SALTY AS HELL that my race didn't record... because it was the best race I've had for a LONG time.

Apart from that... HELLUVA race and some good success for at least one of the Renault cars. (@rich500 has killed himself, so nobody talk to him about it)

Quali was a real surprise. I don't think any of us expected the entire grid to qualify within 1 second of Pole. SUPER competitive.
My initial strategy of trying to qualify on or near P10 on the M didn't really go as planned, so I jumped on the S and STILL didn't get inside the Top 10... I was amazed.
Then to find out that my PB would've still only put me P7/P8... insane!

Starting on the M tyre, I didn't get the best of starts... couldn't really get the power down that well, but it was okay and sufficient for me to keep my position.
Went around the outside of T1 behind Rich, who got a pretty hefty sideswipe by a Williams of @huhtari (I think) out of T2. That effectively ended his race.

Managed to get through all of the barging about and got in behind @Sneaky24-7Ninja for T4... and then made a move straightaway in T8 to take P9 or something like that.
I became the first of the M tyre runners.
After that, finding out that I didn't have the outright pace over the S tyre runners in front, I just eased into maintaining the gap to Sneaky behind, while staying within a second or two to the guy in front. Though I did pass @timbob4321 at some point in the first few laps.

After 5 laps, I was starting to outpace the cars in front because of their wear, so I started pushing a bit to make the most of my advantage... and then, on L6, they started coming in bit by bit.
L9 or 10 and I inherit the lead, so with clean air I just tried to be consistent and fast... still with a McLaren glued to my ass.

On L12 now and I'm deciding my pit-stop lap, and trying to figure out what Sneaky is doing. My tyre wear was good enough to push to L16 if I wanted, but at the end of L13 Sneaky pits... after getting bored of looking at my rear wing I imagine... and that gave me my hammertime order.
Uber low 1:30 in-lap on L14, stop for H, come out in front of Sneaky and actually gained some time on him.

After that I don't think he got into my DRS again, while I started pulling away and making headway on the cars in front.
Took a couple of laps to pull in the gap to @CPI_BlackPhoenix, but finally managed to get past him at the start of L20 without too much fuss.
Next up was @TheTubbyNinja, who seemed to be struggling or something as I was pulling him in also. I then learned he was battling fairly hard with @MrJoshua and @Simon Besnard, the first of which he got past, so Joshua became my next target.

Got the benefit of a double tow at the start of L25, so a little bit of late braking and P6 was mine... only 1 second off Tubby at this point and pushing.
Simon became my target after Tubby overtook him on L26, so I pushed. HARD.
Got to the final lap and I'm am all over Simon... and when he messed up in T13, I pounced as hard as I could.

Final corner and I felt like I was enough up the inside to earn some space, but Simon basically pushed me onto the curb and that was that.
P5, which became P4 after a penalty from someone in front.

All in all, an excellent race from my POV... and DoTD too. Shame about no recording, but I have a highlight reel so that'll have to do.

Looking forward to next week. Feel like it's gonna be a very different race :sneaky:

iJokeri22

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
England
A pretty boring race for me spent most of it just outside the DRS zone of the train.

Was happy with my qualifying lap except I was to cautious under braking for the final corner and threw away a tenth which ended up costing me 5 positions on the grid.

The start was a complete disaster I've no idea what happened I changed up in to 3rd gear just like normal and the rear end just went crazy and sent me across the track in to the path of @Alexis really sorry for spoiling your race but as I say I have no idea what happened I didn't do anything any different to any other start on this game.

After that I was trying to work out what happened and trying to see who I had hit so I could let them through but there were cars everywhere and I wasn't even sure who it was I was waiting for so I just had to carry on but by now I was basically at the back.

I then spent 8 laps stuck behind @Oner Schumacher who had great straight line speed but seemed to be quite slow round the rest of the lap so while stuck behind him the entire pack pulled away by 3 seconds and by the time I got past on lap 8 my race was basically over.

I went for an early stop on lap 11 for hards to try and close the gap I gained about a second but it wasn't enough to get DRS so I now had older tyres compared to the cars ahead of me and they were all using DRS which is worth a second a lap round here and as they weren't really fighting from what I could see it was impossible to catch up it took me until lap 25 to finally get properly in to the DRS zone and I had a grandstand seat to see @DON SILVA attempt to pass @GomL_Kemuhin for 10th place luckily for me they collided and Don spun which put me up to 11th and on lap 28 I was able to pass @GomL_Kemuhin in to turn 1 he tried to get me back at turn 4 but went to deep and spun himself which left min 10th place for the final lap and a half.

So basically my entire race was spent between 1.2 - 1.8 seconds behind a DRS train.

I have to say though well done to everybody the fact that the top 15 in qualy were separated by 0.6 and the top 10 finishers in the race by 12 seconds was pretty insane basically any of the top 11 finishers could have won the race if they had track position.

Also one of the few times the game gets DOTD right going from 13th to 4th in a field that tight GG's @Bankai_Bullett

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
London
Didn’t put a foot wrong until lap 27. Maybe I should have waited for the start finish straight to pass @GomL_Kemuhin. Ifs and buts but what I do know is that I wasn’t at fault for our collision. P17-P11 again

olavstar

Pro Karter
Jul 29, 2020
netherlands
Its interesting to see everyone's different driving style and use of fuel and ers/overtake. I can learn from some of you to not run out of ers/overtake at the end of the race. @TheTubbyNinja you made some great saves from what I saw in your highlights.
Looking forward to more battles at the front with you guys.

Reactions: TheTubbyNinja