Dec 10, 2017
Round 2 - Belgian Grand Prix
AOR Oceania F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 14th January 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (Melbourne time)
Circuit: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Laps: 22

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
● Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Excalibur942

Last edited:

InfiniteMarch96

Formula Karter
Sep 7, 2017
Belgian GP
Qualifying: 8th
Well, i guess that's just my pace being slow.
Race: DNF
Had a good start again, from 8th to 6th jumping 2 people and almost overtake @Maznat87 as well into turn 1. After that struggling to keep up with driver in front. Until on lap 4, my ultras worn out quite a bit and i lose the back end on top of eau rouge, lose my front wheel and ended my race. Sorry to @nikki that got caught on my crash and ending his race as well.

Congrats @ForceWhan for the win, and @VTi-DOHC @Matty5g for podium.

LoafMeat1

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 9, 2018
Qualifying - 11/11
Just didn't set a valid lap, but definitely had the pace for a Top 5 pushing into the Top 3.

Race : DNF
Went from 11th to 9th coming up the Kemmel Straight, then spun out. Went back to last on soft tyres, 15 seconds behind 10th. Quickly hunting them down, the rain starting and crashes and disconnections got me into 6th, right behind 4th and 5th before/after the pitstops. Unfortunately, an invisible wall took me out when I spun with the Intermediates on. Bad way to end a promising race.

Reactions: Maznat87

VTi-DOHC

1-time AOR PS3 F1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Qualifying - 4th
Went with the supersoft to try and keep options open knowing it would be a wet race.

Race - 2nd
Just tried to keep my nose clean for the opening laps. Got lucky with the timing of the weather and put on a set of intermediates on lap 9, hoping they would last the rest of the race. Had a nice battle with @Dubzzy__ and he eventually slipped by after an error from myself at the bus stop. He pitted soon after, I hadn't realised the wear from the intermediates would be so high.

I did notice the wear was increasing on my intermediates, but the grip felt fine and the laptimes were okay, with about 3 laps to go I realised that I had probably missed my chance to pit for a fresh set to avoid a puncture, so I tried backing off to preserve the tires with the gap I had over second place. I took the gamble to stay out and hope they would hang on but it didn't pay off, and the front right let go on the back straight towards blanchimont on the penultimate lap, forcing me to pit and costing me the win.I was fortunate that the tire let go so close to the pits rather than on the last lap where I would have probably been off the podium!

Congrats to @ForceWhan on the win. It's nice to be back racing again. I've only done 100% races on my time with this game, so it's taking some getting used to the tire wear on 50%, it's harder to be consistent, but that will come with practice. There are some good clean and fast racers in this league.

Last edited:

ForceWhan

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 12, 2017
Qualifying: 3rd:
I bottled my first lap so i only had one shot & it wasn't very good either, missed the apex for a lot of the lap, so i was happy to be 3rd.

Race: 1st:
My first few laps were a bit shaaky but VTI was a rocket in a straight line, i was pulling away but then he'd catch straight up. I managed to fend him off but i screwed my strategy, i should've qualifyed on the ss & went to the rain but unfortunatly, it wasn't meant to be. Throughout the rain stints, i had no confidence (still getting used to no assists) & my pace wasn't on the level of dubzzy & vti but i was still faster then the rest. And consistent. I pitted on lap 15 (if i remember correctly). Then i got #Blessed, i knew vti was going to try & stretch it but we knew he wouldn't make it. So i inherited the lead on the last lap & won!

Since watching the v8 supercar series by super gt, ive always wanted to race in aor, what a feeling, to win & lead a championship in the most prestigious league. Wow, what a feeling. Congrats to @VTi-DOHC & @Matty5g on 2nd & 3rd respectively.

ForceWhan

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 12, 2017
I bottled my first lap so i only had one shot & it wasn't very good either, missed the apex for a lot of the lap, so i was happy to be 3rd.

My first few laps were a bit shaaky but VTI was a rocket in a straight line, i was pulling away but then he'd catch straight up. I managed to fend him off but i screwed my strategy, i should've qualifyed on the ss & went to the rain but unfortunatly, it wasn't meant to be. Throughout the rain stints, i had no confidence (still getting used to no assists) & my pace wasn't on the level of dubzzy & vti but i was still faster then the rest. And consistent. I pitted on lap 15 (if i remember correctly). Then i got #Blessed, i knew vti was going to try & stretch it but we knew he wouldn't make it. So i inherited the lead on the last lap & won!

Since watching the v8 supercar series by super gt, ive always wanted to race in aor, what a feeling, to win & lead a championship in the most prestigious league. Wow, what a feeling. Congrats to @VTi-DOHC & @Matty5g on 2nd & 3rd respectively.

Dubzzy__

S1 AOR PS4 Oceania F1 Champion
Jan 23, 2014

we are equal points, with me infront though as i won first

InfiniteMarch96

Formula Karter
Sep 7, 2017
Force is in front by three points as he has had a 1st and 3rd compared to your 1st and 4th
Didn't Force in Hungary had speeding in the pit lane penalty that not applied in the final result. It could drop him from 3rd to 4th. Only force can confirm this though, as there are no evidence. This too need to be cleared up

Last edited:

iContrast

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 10, 2017
Didn't @ForceWhan in Hungary had speeding in the pit lane penalty that not applied in the final result. It could drop him from 3rd to 4th. Only force can confirm this though, as there are no evidence. This too need to be cleared up
You'd need to make a stewards enquiry about this, i only uploaded the results based on what i was given from the end of the race. Also i don't think it'd change his championship position as if there was an issue with the timings i'd also take my enquiry to the stewards with Dubzzy's race time as he must of finished 7 seconds ahead of me according to the race results when i timed the gap and it appeared to be 3-4 actual seconds which could suggest Dubzzy actually finished 5th in Spa with the penalties.

InfiniteMarch96

Formula Karter
Sep 7, 2017
You'd need to make a stewards enquiry about this, i only uploaded the results based on what i was given from the end of the race. Also i don't think it'd change his championship position as if there was an issue with the timings i'd also take my enquiry to the stewards with Dubzzy's race time as he must of finished 7 seconds ahead of me according to the race results when i timed the gap and it appeared to be 3-4 actual seconds which could suggest Dubzzy actually finished 5th in Spa with the penalties.
Alright then, my apologies

Dubzzy__

Jan 23, 2014
wtf? i finished ahead of you..... i also had a 5 second stop go penalty for speeding in the pitlane i completed which was wrongly justified as i was going 80km/hr so -5 seconds should be taken from my time i only had 1 3 second penalty, 3+5 = 8 thats why its showing 8 seconds for me, i have proof of my team not changing my tyres, and getting the penalty

Last edited:

InfiniteMarch96

Formula Karter
Sep 7, 2017
he finished 4th in hungry?
On track forcewhan finish 3rd, 1 sec ahead of matty5g, but in race result the gap become 4 sec because matty5g 3 sec penalty get applied, but speeding in pitlane penalty for forcewhan (+5sec) didn't get applied to his finishing time. That's what i know

iContrast

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 10, 2017
wtf? i finished ahead of you..... i also had a 5 second stop go penalty for speeding in the pitlane i completed which was wrongly justified as i was going 80km/hr so -5 seconds should be taken from my time i only had 1 3 second penalty, 3+5 = 8 thats why its showing 8 seconds for me, i have proof of my team not changing my tyres, and getting the penalty
Fair enough but if you serve a drive through you can't have those 5secs taken off unless its a penalty applied after the race.

Dubzzy__

Jan 23, 2014
Fair enough but if you serve a drive through you can't have those 5secs taken off unless its a penalty applied after the race.
wait what , so i have to prove it by showing the mistaken penalty and me serving the time>?

iContrast

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 10, 2017
wait what , so i have to prove it by showing the mistaken penalty and me serving the time>?
No i believe you, you came 4th. I'm just saying that as far as i'm aware drive through penalties that are actually served can't be taken away from your race time and only penalties applied after the race can be appealed.

• Agree
Reactions: Curly