PC - Round 2 - Chinese Grand Prix [08/10/17 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 2 - Chinese Grand Prix [08/10/17 8:00pm]

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
Tried to join just now and apparently am not able to once people have chosen cars and begun. No biggie, but try pinging folks next time the time changes. I sat around for the last hour waiting for the original time. Oh wells.

Jozzers

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 22, 2014
Race day is here guys and girls, I'll do the same as last week and get the invites out around 1950-1955 UK time; again, hold off on hitting ready until I do as there may be someone we're waiting for like last week.

I'll try again this week to be in discord but for some reason it only allowed PTT on the iPad app, and that doesn't seem to work (mic is enabled in settings). So I'm reinstalling it to see how that pans out.. (any further advice to get this working gratefully received)

Good luck everyone, again easy into T1/2 tonight, especially if it rains.. and remember (if you can) to at least screenshot the qually and finish results and if you record then again that's great too, it was good to watch so many last week. (y)

@IntergalacticGentleman @Dylantheuma @Douwe_C @Head Squid @EditedStorm27 @Biolite80 @sokecillo @ITMRacing [USER=28764]@Etazin @Dylan @Levitikan @menk @Jonnard @Jess @AspergerNerd @gameguy nl @boxen @TRL_graveltrap @Bas-BB[/USER]

Reactions: Biolite80

AspergerNerd

Pro Karter
Nov 30, 2016
Not gonna lie rather concerned as I did a lot of laps yesterday and I'm still a minimum four seconds off the pace. Hope I don't just turn into a mobile chicane.

Jess

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jun 4, 2017
@Jozzers turns out rehearsals don't finish til 9pm tonight, since they wanted me to stay later than intended (otherwise I won't have a role in the show anymore :( ) if they finish my bits early, I should be able to make it, but highly unlikely :( good luck for tonight xxx

• Informative
Reactions: Jozzers

Jozzers

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 22, 2014
@Jozzers turns out rehearsals don't finish til 9pm tonight, since they wanted me to stay later than intended (otherwise I won't have a role in the show anymore :( ) if they finish my bits early, I should be able to make it, but highly unlikely :( good luck for tonight xxx
No drama... :happy:

Thanks for letting me know Jess

Jozzers

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 22, 2014
Another reasonably solid race for me last night, after the excitement of doing qualifying in the wet I managed to take 2nd, not as much in it this week across the whole grid but I think I was like most and was just happy to get the car around and crossing the line pointing the right way.

On to the race and again a clean getaway and was soon on the gearbox of @boxen, who like many others opted for Softs from the beginning. I passed on my Super Softs, then outbraked myself (again) and he gladly reclaimed 1st at the hairpin on L3. Again a few laps later I passed, this time made it stick and slowly broke out of DRS range only to again go deep on L8, this time into T1 which allowed him past again...time to pit, albeit a lap too late really; opted for Softs this time and came out in 4th behind @EditedStorm27. The cars around all seemed to be on the Softs they started on so I had to take my chances given the varied strategies in play, I managed to pass Storm for 2nd place into T1 on lap 11 as @TRL_graveltrap pitted from 2nd.

Lap 14 or so and I was back in P1 after some solid laps on the Softs to effectively, and at least for the moment undercut @boxen who had pitted for Mediums, he was slowly gaining on me and by lap 17 I think he passed me down the main straight, unfortunately I missed this as I was frantically trying to alt+tab back to the game after it decided to switch to desktop. :wtf: It was inevitable I would be passed but it's a shame I didn't have a chance to put up a fight, anyhow...

..after all this, the final stint was key if I was to finish best of the rest, Lap 19 I pitted again for some Super Softs and came out 3rd behind @TRL_graveltrap who was on Mediums. For the 2nd race in a row I had to try to pass him for 2nd place and this time it was a move down the inside of T6 which, after he left the door open I gladly obliged. Now it was a case of seeing if I could slap down a Fastest Lap on these fresh Supers and hope there was no further need for alt+tab.

Brought her home for 2nd again which I feel relatively pleased with, although overall again I'm a little disappointed in my consistency and found myself going deep into the hairpin a bit too much along with a daft moment in T1 to scupper what was just a sniff of a P1 (which a quick return to desktop finally ended).

Sorry to see @Douwe_C got disconnected as did @AspergerNerd before the race even began I think, I'm certain we will all have our gremlins as the season goes on.

Again, Congrats to @boxen, had the pace & consistency and deserved to win his 2nd consecutive race of the season. Good practice for bigger things to come. (y)

Bahrain next and a final chance to grab some points before the first break of the season.

Good stuff guys.

PS I remember a couple of times seeing a Mercedes with blue tyres on facing sideways during the race, erm, wanna talk about that? @Head Squid @Etazin :)

Etazin

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 1, 2017
Lol yeah I was trying to adjust which tires while driving towards pits and it locked me on Wets way before I entered pits I was not pleased. Took forever to get back to pits sorry if I slowed anyone, tried to get off track and out of way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Levitikan

Pro Karter
Jul 31, 2017
from starting in p13 after a dismal qualifying didn't get a good lap in, i made a pretty awesome start into about 8th after the first lap however coming into the first corner a second time went quite wide trying to overtake and put a tire on the grass which spun me which sucked, it cost me about 30 seconds or so. After that screw up i managed to stay fairly consistent and had a battle a couple of you guys out there which was fun

Head Squid

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 24, 2017
@Jozzers I complete qualifying in the rain without a hitch. during the race though I damaged my front wing and when i went into the pits to get it fixed the pit crew didn't fix it so I had to pit twice! really frustrating because I was in the points (P8 I think). near the end of the race i overtook a McLaren for P11 in the snail section, but I spun out on the next corner.

sokecillo

Pro Karter
Dec 7, 2016
I will not open a complain, but something happened on penultimate corner on 1st lap. Somebody hit me on the rear wheel and my car spinned 360º and I lost my position.
I'm agree that this is a race incident, but please, be careful on first laps. The race is too long to be "crazy" on first laps

• Agree

EditedStorm27

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 26, 2016
@Jozzers btw I let you past as I was effectively a pit stop down and I knew you had the pace on the two stop. I moved to the inside so you had the line and so I didn't lose time. I had one the best races of my life going from 9th to 5th in lap 1. Managed to secure 4th but was so close to the podium anyway I ain't complaining as I think I am now third in the championship which is higher than I ever expected especially after my horrible S13 on Xbox. Can't wait till Bahrain see you all then.

Jozzers

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 22, 2014
@Jozzers btw I let you past as I was effectively a pit stop down and I knew you had the pace on the two stop. I moved to the inside so you had the line and so I didn't lose time.
I thought you did as, like you said, you left the outside open for me, thanks for that. (y) I'm glad I didn't make a hash of the pass like I did v Douwe in T1 at Oz and rattled along the grass in front of you..

Last edited: