XB1 - Round 2 - Chinese Grand Prix [08/10/17 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 2 - Chinese Grand Prix [08/10/17 8:00pm]

Saabo

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 13, 2016
Qualifying went again very average as i went out on used supersofts on my second run, i didn't want to destroy them so abandoned the lap so it would benefit in the race (doing the 1 stop).
Had a good start and was going 3 wide into turn 1 but backed out of it, gained like 2 positions because people spun.
Made a few good overtakes on people and i believe twice on @AOR Charlie, the 1 stop paid off but unfortunately i had too much traffic and lost some time to @IS Vandoorne managed to close to gap to 2.2 secs in the end and hoped for him to have a penalty. I think i showed great pace again but next time i hope to do better in qualy so i don't start with time and positions to make up!
[DOUBLEPOST=1507573485][/DOUBLEPOST]What happened to you @ihaycheese ?

Im_an_eagle

S14 AOR XB1 F5 Champion
Feb 10, 2017
My race was interesting to say the least.
Quali: P4. Not entirely happy with my lap as I had a couple tenths in the bag during practice which I didn't put out when it mattered.
Race: lap 1, pretty standard, bunched up and lost a few positions from the outside of the Constantina effect, not much I could do. Lap 2 at the hairpin I hit my teammate giving me the smallest damage you could see, but it was enough to screw me over in the fast corners. So I pitted lap 6. Then went to the end on Softs battling with @TheGiant19 didnt help my tyre wear, but it was fun.
On to china where hopefully I can have a nice and calm race.

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

ihaycheese

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 18, 2014
Qualifying went again very average as i went out on used supersofts on my second run, i didn't want to destroy them so abandoned the lap so it would benefit in the race (doing the 1 stop).
Had a good start and was going 3 wide into turn 1 but backed out of it, gained like 2 positions because people spun.
Made a few good overtakes on people and i believe twice on @AOR Charlie, the 1 stop paid off but unfortunately i had too much traffic and lost some time to @IS Vandoorne managed to close to gap to 2.2 secs in the end and hoped for him to have a penalty. I think i showed great pace again but next time i hope to do better in qualy so i don't start with time and positions to make up!
[DOUBLEPOST=1507573485][/DOUBLEPOST]What happened to you @ihaycheese ?
Disconnected and my backup invite disappeared. @AOR Charlie jinxed it when he jokingly asked do I not trust his connection when I asked him for the back up invite then It actually happened lol. Fairly annoyed but can't really do anything about it hopefully everything will be alright next race.
[DOUBLEPOST=1507643896][/DOUBLEPOST]@IS Vandoorne Congrats on the win bro

Renault looking strong this season !

BosslyGaming

Super Mod & PC F1 League Runner
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Mar 24, 2017
Disconnected and my backup invite disappeared. @AOR Charlie jinxed it when he jokingly asked do I not trust his connection when I asked him for the back up invite then It actually happened lol. Fairly annoyed but can't really do anything about it hopefully everything will be alright next race.

I will take full responsibility for the backup invite situation, I completely forgot to send out backups before we started, really sorry about that

• Faff
Reactions: TheGiant19

ihaycheese

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 18, 2014
I will take full responsibility for the backup invite situation, I completely forgot to send out backups before we started, really sorry about that
I dunno if you were in the party chat but I did send a message to it saying can someone send me and everyone one, but I got one from charlie anyway but It just disappeared so don't worry about it not anyone's fault. But yeah send one next race (y)

nemura

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Oct 12, 2016
Q-P3. Second run second lap was good and I was very happy. Just the tyres after 2 q laps was quite bad.
R-P7. The first part of the race was catastrophic... I was in P4 but I had some serious guys on the back and I was very struggling with my rear tyres. I was sliding, the pace was bad so I decided to make an early stop on lap 7 for guys in the back not to have a possibility to undercut me. Yep it worked :) @AOR Charlie went early also but on softs and @BosslyGaming after pit came behind me (worked). So I was running P3 and after small mistake I had to give the possition back to @BosslyGaming . I was on 5-5 wings so I had no chance to overtake him even with DRS. So the plan was to save fuel, tyres and wait for his mistake or attack at the end. But.... I had a spin and had no chance to catch him and also few laps later I had another spin... P7...

AOR Charlie

Rocket League Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Apr 29, 2017

Oops xD

Im_an_eagle

S14 AOR XB1 F5 Champion
Feb 10, 2017
Q-P3. Second run second lap was good and I was very happy. Just the tyres after 2 q laps was quite bad.
R-P7. The first part of the race was catastrophic... I was in P4 but I had some serious guys on the back and I was very struggling with my rear tyres. I was sliding, the pace was bad so I decided to make an early stop on lap 7 for guys in the back not to have a possibility to undercut me. Yep it worked :) @AOR Charlie went early also but on softs and @BosslyGaming after pit came behind me (worked). So I was running P3 and after small mistake I had to give the possition back to @BosslyGaming . I was on 5-5 wings so I had no chance to overtake him even with DRS. So the plan was to save fuel, tyres and wait for his mistake or attack at the end. But.... I had a spin and had no chance to catch him and also few laps later I had another spin... P7...
I tell you now, when I saw you sideways across the track, I shite myself