Mar 6, 2017
Round 2 - Chinese Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 8th October 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Shanghai International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Caffa

S13 AOR PC Split 4 Champion
Mar 25, 2017
the start time is 8pm no???? like come on can everyone get on earlier if its gonna take so long, i aint got all night

MrHid

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 4, 2017
Qualifying: Qualified P7 which was disappointing to me, because I set my bankerlap a 33‘1 and then on my second run I had a corner cut in it so it got illegal.

Race: My racepace was pretty good. Managed to get to P3 after first couple of laps and then after the first round of stops I was in P2 for the rest of the race. Last couple of laps were pretty intense as I tried to catch @JurYEdits but he had similiar pace than I had. But anyway congrats to him.

NLE JurY

Formula Karter
Apr 13, 2017
Quali: (P1/2) /still not sure cause of another racer's penalty\
Actually it was my worst quali on this track, seeing that I practiced over and over and could have gotten around 32.4/3', but got slowed down unluckily by @Mackisdoodle in the middle sector and lost some tens, he apologized so I'm all good with him ;) so I got a 32.795 on that lap. 2nd try was going to be my best lap but unluckily at the start of the middle sector it started raining so it ruined the hotlap loosing against @hAlloy quali lap time. So I managed to get P2 at the end of the quali, but starting 1st because of a penalty of @hAlloy unluckily...

Race: (P1)
Started 1st with a pretty good start, followed by a good racepace since the beginning. A couple of little mistakes, in the first laps, cause of the rain+SS, helped @JoniJohn to attack me with a little contact by him on my rear in the long right turn 13. His little brake mistakes helped me to stay right behind him for the rest of the battle till a big brake mistake by him in turn 14 that made me get P1 again. After, I had a perfect racepace that kept me in P1, and a special thanks to my dear friend @fraguitar89 to let me do an easy overtake right after the 2nd intermedium stint, seeing that he hadn't pitted yet, for not letting me lose too much time. After that I had a clean and lonely race with @MrHid on my back with a 6sec distance, racing on my same pace, that kept me concentrated to push. A big brake mistake by me in turn 14 made the distance from us nearest but I still managed to finish the race P1 and consequently celebrate my first AOR F1 Race WIN!!! Which I hope is one of many ^^

See you all in Bahrain, one of my favorite tracks :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Mackisdoodle

Mackisdoodle

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Sep 29, 2015
All i can say is 15 laps worth of fuel in quali, started 18th. Got up to 10th and got a point. Managed to have some good luvk throughout the race

Bigboss

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 9, 2016
Qauli: It was not a very good quali for me i knew that already around China. but I felt that I had fine race pace also with rain coming I knew I could make up some places.

Race: Had an okay start. but the rain was falling sooner then expected every lap was very tricky braking points changed all the time and people locked up at the end of the long straight for instance. then I had the moment with Stefan I started braking to hard so my front wheels locked up then I let loose on the brake so I could turn a little but it was to late so I hit him in the side so the next corner I left him all the space but he was struggling with grip so he did not get back on me. Then over the race more people had some contact but nothing really serious or race ending. after that I had no real problems and could drive up to the back of P4 so P5 was a good result.

Host: Last did anyone had any big trouble with lagg or anything I gues not myself because I did not hear anyone saying there was lagg but i would like to know.

Ctzn Ely

S13 AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
As we changed host, has anyone experienced issues in the lobby?

TheAPlegends

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2016
Qualy: Was on course to set 1.22.9 but overbraked last corner so much that I ended up with 1.33.3, starting 12th.

Race: I was slowly gaining positions until first pitstop, was 6th at that point but unfortunately got held up by my teammate in the box, and then broke part of my front wing lap after we switched to inters, so I had to pit again. Then It was basically slow catch up to points, but unfortunately I only went back to 11th. Disappointed because I feel like I had pretty ok pace here, especialy in the rain.

As we changed host, has anyone experienced issues in the lobby?
No, all was good this race connection wise.

Ctzn Ely

S13 AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
If there hasn't been a lot of lags/glitches, then maybe @Bigboss can carry on hosting for the rest of the season :)

• Agree
Reactions: Mackisdoodle

fraguitar89

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 8, 2016
Qualy: P2
the lap was not that good, could have done 0.3 faster according to my practice but you didn't manage to do that.. anyway first row so very happy
Race: P13
Disaster is the right word I guess.. decent start, lost only 1 position by @JoniJohn then followed him and my friend @JurYEdits in first few laps.. then I did a little mistake during lap 6, losing one position in favour of @MrHid , then another mistake following him I got late braking, tried to avoid him but made him partially spin.. I'm sorry @MrHid for that, anyway i waited for to come back on track and we were 6th and 7th.. gained some position during first pit laps, coming out form pit in 5th.. then good pace on inter, kept on going good until the engineer started telling me about storm coming in few minutes.. he told me 3 times so I decided to stay on track with inter waiting the right moment to switch to full wet.. sadly that moment never came, so i lost many secs racing with very worn inter tyres, moreover when i finally pitted the second time i forgot to switch to inter so they put me on full wet (which i had selected many laps before).. obviously the track was not wet enough to do 5 laps on full wet, so I pitted again for inter and came back on track in 13th position and did last few laps with not real focus..

Congrats to @JurYEdits for the winning and avoiding his usual bad luck!!

• Friendly
Reactions: NLE JurY

StefanWylde

GP2 1st Driver
Jul 13, 2015
Qauli: It was not a very good quali for me i knew that already around China. but I felt that I had fine race pace also with rain coming I knew I could make up some places.

Race: Had an okay start. but the rain was falling sooner then expected every lap was very tricky braking points changed all the time and people locked up at the end of the long straight for instance. then I had the moment with Stefan I started braking to hard so my front wheels locked up then I let loose on the brake so I could turn a little but it was to late so I hit him in the side so the next corner I left him all the space but he was struggling with grip so he did not get back on me. Then over the race more people had some contact but nothing really serious or race ending. after that I had no real problems and could drive up to the back of P4 so P5 was a good result.

Host: Last did anyone had any big trouble with lagg or anything I gues not myself because I did not hear anyone saying there was lagg but i would like to know.
And why do you think I was struggling with grip? Let me tell you: because you rammed me off the racing line.