Sep 21, 2017
Round 2 - Chinese Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 22nd April 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Shanghai International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

MaCRacing13

Last edited:

Jordy van Oosten

F1 1st Driver
Sep 12, 2016
how are you guys doing on laptimes? i havent been able to practise, i hope i can get in some laps tonight, or at least tomorrow

thomasooo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 31, 2018
I hate this track, consistent low 34's is possible, but this will definitely be my "off race" this season :D

cannot manage to get a setup :(

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
I've been a bit busier than anticipated this week, havent had time to practice. I'd be happy to host another practice lobby this Saturday (same start time as the race on Sunday, 1-90 minute practice session, 1-short qualifying session followed by a 50% race. Feel free to join in on that at any time.

• Agree
Reactions: Kippetje

Kevin Kalt

Formula Karter
Aug 31, 2017
im in on the practice session.

This track is hard to balance between stability, race pace and straight line speed in my opinion.

Also it seems that a 2 stop might be viable here.

willv

Formula Karter
Apr 1, 2018
I'm in as well. I did some practice in career mode and a 1 stop looked very interesting. I have to check the pace with my Toro Rosso but I think it could be done.

Jordy van Oosten

F1 1st Driver
Sep 12, 2016
I will join the practice race as well, havent gotten around to practice yet, so im very curious how it will go haha

Jordy van Oosten

F1 1st Driver
Sep 12, 2016
I've been a bit busier than anticipated this week, havent had time to practice. I'd be happy to host another practice lobby this Saturday (same start time as the race on Sunday, 1-90 minute practice session, 1-short qualifying session followed by a 50% race. Feel free to join in on that at any time.
At what time will you open the practice session?

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
If any of y'all would like to be the actual host, let me know on steam or in the discord channel. I'm happy to host it but since I'm the only person in North America it may not be the best network conditions that way.

Kippetje

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 30, 2018
Quali:
Meh, I got blocked by a car on 2nd attempt that turned out to be bugged for me including the race. I passed him but then he set fastest lap while I was on the straight. In race I also had to pass him while he was actually like top 5. Silly F1 game :(

Race Review:
- Great start
- Terrible first corner
- Damaged my wing in lap 2-3 because I'm an idiot
- Cruising for like 15 laps
- Going for 2nd pit stop I locked up BADLY and hit the wall going into the pits like a madman, race over.

Better luck next time!

dragoka1

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 30, 2018
Race review: I dont know what the hell happened, but @Kippetje was on the starting line for the first few laps (on my screen) and also Haky was off sync for me for the whole race. (We also spoke on discord but it was lagging like hell we couldnt even hear each other properly, when the race was over on the race results screen it got all fixed)
I also lagged through Ryndal in the last corner (i dont know which lap) and around the end I think I pushed thomasooo because he lost control in the first corner (I didnt feel anything because it was lagging I think just like with Ryndal.
Now I would have been okay with that, but in the last lap the game put me from the back straight WAAAAY BACK to the beginning of the 2. sector.
Here's the qualy and the race from my point of view:

Haky

Pro Karter
Oct 16, 2017
Race Review: I got off the line and after 28 laps I finished
Video:

Last edited:

thomasooo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 31, 2018
@dragoka1 holy **** that looked very weird, in my pov you completely crashed into me... Nonetheless, what a race it has been, you were chasing me for around 17 laps like crazy!