XB1 - Round 2 - Chinese Grand Prix [22/04/18 8.00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 2 - Chinese Grand Prix [22/04/18 8.00pm]

Germo

XB1 F1 Assist League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 12, 2015
Had a pretty boring race but actually finished this time, had a good battle with @K04 we touched again like in Australia, don't think we'll be able to get through a season without touching haha

Evilkatmobile

Pro Karter
Nov 19, 2017
This was my first race in AOR and overall went a lot better than I anticipated.
Qualified P2, marginally behind P1
Race: Great start which put me into P1. Held P1 until lap 16-ish when I was overtaken, despite my best efforts to gain the place back immediately (fair play, TyTEI). Managed to stay close to P1 from then, but was never close enough to make a move.

Looking forward to Baku :)

Germo

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 12, 2015
Here's the race from my perspective if anyone wants to see, @K04 might want to see some of the collisions between us two from my angle haha

Atul987

Formula Karter
Nov 20, 2017
Managed to qualify 4th which I was fairly happy with.
At the start managed to jump 2 people so got into second!

Then on the second lap I touched @Dillon Katwa in the penultimate corner which left me with wing damage :(
Should've pitted instantly but stayed out a lap.
After pitting on lap 3, I made some very stupid mistakes during the middle stint which cost me around 10/15 seconds.

Slightly disappointed with the contact I made as I was in a good position, completely my fault though.

Hopefully can make things right in Baku!

RT93 Klaus

Pro Karter
Mar 26, 2018
We provide the minimum service

Race that I do not really appreciate, I desperate the rain to be able to hope some things.

I zoom in qualifying, as usual, 11th

I take a good start or I find myself 7th after the snail, but I lose the car at re-acceleration, and find me last.

Round 9 we make a double stop with my teammate to try the undercut on the mclaren, but the red bull mechanics in the game are not very talented, I lose 4 seconds which will be fatal at the end of the race

Somehow I go back in battle with Proulx but I will never get back

YaBoiProulx

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 23, 2014
We provide the minimum service

Race that I do not really appreciate, I desperate the rain to be able to hope some things.

I zoom in qualifying, as usual, 11th

I take a good start or I find myself 7th after the snail, but I lose the car at re-acceleration, and find me last.

Round 9 we make a double stop with my teammate to try the undercut on the mclaren, but the red bull mechanics in the game are not very talented, I lose 4 seconds which will be fatal at the end of the race

Somehow I go back in battle with Proulx but I will never get back

Really enjoyed that :)

TyTEI

Pro Karter
Nov 5, 2016
This was my first race in AOR and overall went a lot better than I anticipated.
Qualified P2, marginally behind P1
Race: Great start which put me into P1. Held P1 until lap 16-ish when I was overtaken, despite my best efforts to gain the place back immediately (fair play, TyTEI). Managed to stay close to P1 from then, but was never close enough to make a move.

Looking forward to Baku :)
I look forward to racing you there! Hopefully we can have a good fight for the win!

• Happy
Reactions: Evilkatmobile

K04

Formula 3 Test Driver
Aug 23, 2017
Here's the race from my perspective if anyone wants to see, @K04 might want to see some of the collisions between us two from my angle haha

Yep 100% my bad this week, didn't realise i had given you a slight bit of damage too or i'd have let you past right away, it was a fun battle but i think i was probably a touch too aggressive, it wasn't my best race... hopefully we'll avoid each other next race :p

Reactions: Germo

Cinnamon Rage

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Mar 26, 2018
Highlights video
I rushed this a bit last night but very open to suggestions in future videos.

Qualifying
First lap was ok but second hot lap started better being 2 tenths up in fist sector then lost 5 tenths in the next two sectors. Still qualified 6th which is my best qualifying to date. Happy with that.

Race
Ok start but due to others having not a great start off the line and someone else having traction issues I managed to get up to 4th (2 position gain) a few corners in. By lap 3 I was third as Atul had to pit (guessing some wing damage). Think I was the only one in the top 10 to try the 2 stop intentionally but didn't have a great middle stint. Made it up in the 3rd stint getting back to 3rd. Ty and Evil where 20 seconds(?) up the road by then though that's fine - they are very fast guys.

Random chart
This week's random "chart" is my lap data exported to an Excel spreadsheet and formatted to highlight the fastest laps and sectors ain green and slowest in red. I removed the laps and sectors when I pitted as these skew my "normal" laps.

S15R02.png

Reactions: TyTEI

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
Highlights video
I rushed this a bit last night but very open to suggestions in future videos.

Qualifying
First lap was ok but second hot lap started better being 2 tenths up in fist sector then lost 5 tenths in the next two sectors. Still qualified 6th which is my best qualifying to date. Happy with that.

Race
Ok start but due to others having not a great start off the line and someone else having traction issues I managed to get up to 4th (2 position gain) a few corners in. By lap 3 I was third as Atul had to pit (guessing some wing damage). Think I was the only one in the top 10 to try the 2 stop intentionally but didn't have a great middle stint. Made it up in the 3rd stint getting back to 3rd. Ty and Evil where 20 seconds(?) up the road by then though that's fine - they are very fast guys.

Random chart
This week's random "chart" is my lap data exported to an Excel spreadsheet and formatted to highlight the fastest laps and sectors ain green and slowest in red. I removed the laps and sectors when I pitted as these skew my "normal" laps.

View attachment 46058
Love the data man. I was going to try and run the app but bagged it because I was nervous about it sucking up bandwith and making my connection worse. Congrats on P3

Germo

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 12, 2015
Yep 100% my bad this week, didn't realise i had given you a slight bit of damage too or i'd have let you past right away, it was a fun battle but i think i was probably a touch too aggressive, it wasn't my best race... hopefully we'll avoid each other next race :p
It's fine the damage didn't really affect me at all surprisingly, it wasn't one of my best races either, at least i finished this time. ;) Doubt we'll be able to avoid each other at Azerbaijan haha

Last edited:
Reactions: K04

Germo

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 12, 2015
Just started and finished condensing my view of the China race into a few highlights, its here if anyone wants to watch: