PC - Round 2 - Chinese Grand Prix [22/04/2018 08:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 2 - Chinese Grand Prix [22/04/2018 08:00PM]

RichyB

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 2 Champion
Oct 16, 2017
Enjoyable race, had a bad qualifying, which compromised my race.

Me pretty much 90% of the race:lol::
Stuck in traffic.gif

DackeBerg

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 27, 2017
Don't feel guilty about that. That was probably my computer failing me, causing my game to freeze and my car to just stay put where it is until I unfreeze, which makes everyone jump forwards on my screen, and makes myself jump back on everybody else's screen. Nothing you could do about it.
Are you recording the races? I realized last season that when I'm recording my game freezes 0.2sec randomly. I don't record anymore because of that.
(You can see the Toro Rosso jumping 4meters. 02:29 it happens again)

Ping2High

Pro Karter
Jan 21, 2018
My quali lap was really slow so i had to start from P10, got 6th after the start and after a little optimistic divebomb i got to P10 again. After that just driving without crashing.

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
Are you recording the races? I realized last season that when I'm recording my game freezes 0.2sec randomly. I don't record anymore because of that.
I do, but I haven't had any troubles before. Plus my pc should easily be able to handle it, even with how badly optimized the game is. I think it was more a combination of me hosting with it being a frickin' sauna in my room, causing my pc to throttle.

DackeBerg

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 27, 2017
I do, but I haven't had any troubles before. Plus my pc should easily be able to handle it, even with how badly optimized the game is. I think it was more a combination of me hosting with it being a frickin' sauna in my room, causing my pc to throttle.
I have 1080 ryzen 1600 overclocked so i should be able to record too :(

RichyB

Oct 16, 2017
So... here is my race experience from last weekend. Some mixed feelings in this one.
Quite a long story, so feel free to just watch the video below:lol:

Pre Race
I have never before competitively driven this track, and the occasional time I drove it in sprint lobby's, I was horrible at it. Safe to say that I thought beforehand that this would be one of my worst tracks on the calendar.
The practice during this week went... not so well to put it lightly. But like most times I got a pretty good feel for it by the end of the week. Except my qualy pace was a bit off.

Qualy (P6)
As expected from practice, qualy didn't go to well for me. I did worse than I was hoping due to some big mistakes. On my second and fastest lap I could have challenged for pole, but I messed up the exit out of turn 2 and missed the braking point for the final hairpin. On top of that I made some other small mistakes. I was still in P6 though so still not to bad.

Race (P3)
My launch off the line was pretty good again, but I got boxed in. So in stead of trying to go agressively to the inside I decided to try and keep my position. Turn 1 got really narrow for me, with 2 cars on either side. I think I made some contact with the guy on the inside and the guy @DackeBerg on the outside (inside for turn 2) squeezed through. So I lost a position but I also gained 1 back because @Flaf spun out. P6.
From here on out the top 6 pulled away from the rest of the field, but with @Klauuiii going wide into turn 1 of lap 2, it was the top 5 pulling away.
The situation now was: @Kreosteijn in P1 was pulling away from @Kiinako and @PiekarzPotato, who were battling for P2. With @DackeBerg and me getting held up a bit in P4 and P5.
After going wide myself in turn 1 on lap 4. It took me untill lap 7 to catch back up again. A great battle with @DackeBerg followed. He was very agressive in defending his position (which was great!), but eventually I overtook him on lap 9. With everyone around me pitting on lap 9 or earlier I expected an inevitable undercut. So I decided to take my SS tyres till lap 11 so I would come out on fresher Softs and having an easier time overtaking.
Surprisingly, @DackeBerg and @Kiinako were nowhere to be seen, so yay for free positions I gues. I came out just behind my teammate @Borderline, who I almost crashed into after outbraking myself for the first hairpin. After catching back up again @Rienk popped in between us on the back straight and I made a great overtaking manouvre on him by outbraking him in the final hairpin. He was on old mediums and I was on fresh Softs but it still looked good:).
In catching back up to my teammate I told him I was faster than him, and he let me go through. Now I was in P3, and if I would have had clean air from this point, I think I could have put @Kreosteijn under pressure. But unfortunately, @PiekarzPotato threw a spanner in the works. I was a lot faster than him but as I catched up to him, he got the bad connection icon above his car. Combined with his car warping a lot over the track, the slipstream had also gone. This resulted in me becoming a bit frustrated and eventually breaking a bit of my front wing on his diffuser. I'm not even sure if this was my fault or if his car lagged back a bit. To make it even worse, he was on a 2 stopper and pitted the lap after I got the damage. P2.
With the wing damage costing me about 5 tenths per lap my teammate @Borderline started catching me bit by bit. And when he got within 1 second I decided to let him through. @DackeBerg was right behind him and I was now defending my podium with wing damage. This went pretty well but the last lap was really close. From my POV he stuck his nose in a gap that wasn't there for turn 2. And then literally pushed me through the 2nd sector, running into the back of me about three times. Again, this was from my onboard. He told me that from his POV we were going side by side in sector 2 and I didn't leave him space, spinning him out.
After all this, I finished the race in P3, with my teammate @Borderline in P2 to make it a double Sauber Podium!:D:cool:
Congrats to @Kreosteijn on P1 after a very dominant drive. It would have been a nice battle if I would have been a bit better in qualy. But yeah would have, could have, should have, I think that applies to some other people as well.

trumpa94

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 25, 2017
My quali lap was really slow so i had to start from P10, got 6th after the start and after a little optimistic divebomb i got to P10 again. After that just driving without crashing.
why not rich fuel mix L28 backstr8??

Borderline

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
What brand of graphics card do you have? If it's Nvidia, do you use Geforce Experience to record? If not, try that if your graphics card supports it. Since I'm using that I have no screen freezes whatsoever when recording.

DackeBerg

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 27, 2017
What brand of graphics card do you have? If it's Nvidia, do you use Geforce Experience to record? If not, try that if your graphics card supports it. Since I'm using that I have no screen freezes whatsoever when recording.
Yeah I use shadowplay

trumpa94

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 25, 2017
Dis my race:
Qually not the best I could.
Race: Lost bit of frotn wing L1 T6, decided to stay on track. Made 2-3 places. Had awesome fight with @Borderline . L8 & L9 battle was epic. Lost a lot of time in pits bcs new front wing and double stack. Pushed as much as I could to score good points. L27 decided to let @PiekarzPotato go so he could attack @Ping2High , last back str8, managed to stay with them and went slow in fast out, got 2 positions and 1 more after I crossed finish line bcs @DackeBerg had penalty. So P5 in the end. Not the best result but racing was how it should be so it felt like victory :DDDD

• Burn
Reactions: RichyB

RichyB

Oct 16, 2017
Dis my race:
Qually not the best I could.
Race: Lost bit of frotn wing L1 T6, decided to stay on track. Made 2-3 places. Had awesome fight with @Borderline . L8 & L9 battle was epic. Lost a lot of time in pits bcs new front wing and double stack. Pushed as much as I could to score good points. L27 decided to let @PiekarzPotato go so he could attack @Ping2High , last back str8, managed to stay with them and went slow in fast out, got 2 positions and 1 more after I crossed finish line bcs @DackeBerg had penalty. So P5 in the end. Not the best result but racing was how it should be so it felt like victory :DDDD
Last sector was lit! Must have felt great!;)

• Agree
Reactions: trumpa94

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
No, I just made a stupid mistake.
Yeah I noticed you retiring earlier in my video. It's just that I had another screen freeze just as you left the lobby. Maybe the freezes have something to do with the game trying to figure out what happened when someone left, who knows.

DackeBerg

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 27, 2017
Shitty race. Had a really good lap on quali prob pole pos. But I fucked up and did a corner cut. Had a decent start on the race but ended up behind @PiekarzPotato which was flying and jumping around because of lagg. He desynced into my car during braking and I lost a bit of my wing. I later catched up @RichyB and @Borderline. The last lap I had a fight with @RichyB but it didn't end well. On my screen I was half a car length beside him. But I've seen his footage which was another story. On my screen he didn't leave any room and I ran wide, but I don't blame him now after I saw the footage. The shitty part though was that I got a 3 sec penalty when I spun and had to get back to the track. 3 sec penalty (Exceeding track limit). I was p5 but becuase of the weird penalty I ended up p7.

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
Gonna keep it short this time.

Track map of all the corners in china that I dislike:
1524772510058.png

12th in qualifying. Left about 5-6 tenths on the table in the first sector and the last 2 corners, but sure.

10th in the race. My single goal this entire race was to get a single point. I think I can be pretty on-pace on most tracks, but definitely not in China, I just dislike this track SO much. This paired with my room being turned into a sauna, multiple screen freezes and losing concentration because I just knew that at least one person, possibly more, were being desynced from me because of these screen freezes. In the end happy to claim a point around here, but not really happy about the way it went down.

Glad this track is out of the way. Baku was my first podium last season, so I hope to do better there. I'm starting to realize that there is a lot for me to improve to actually be fighting with the front-runners, but I'll get there hopefully towards the end of the season.

再見,不要回來

Last edited: