Jan 13, 2018
Round 2 - Chinese Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 22nd April 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Shanghai International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018

Armadeira

F1 Reserve Driver
Dec 5, 2017
China...ooops thought we would do Bahrain today. Thank god I didn't practice yet :D

tisjeboyjelle

Junior Karter
Feb 21, 2018
Sorry guys. My internet shut of mid race. Hope you guys had a good race. And sorry for hitting 2 cars in the back. It rained and my tires locked up.

Dobby

F1 Coordinator & S14 AOR PC F8 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 16, 2017

P17 to p3.. Still stoked ;)

Reactions: Hooper

SexySpudflaps

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 8, 2016
Well I'm gonna make my race report now because fuckin DAMN

Qualifying - P10
I was one of the last guys out of the pits in the rain, so I was sure I wouldn't get higher than 15th. So to get 10th, I was absolutely stoked!

Race - P4
What a race! I was able to keep it clean and find a few places at turn one, would've found more if not for @Nutzernutzt getting past me and @Fbyson following him through! After that it was about staying consistent and waiting for other people's mistakes. I chose to pit onto the mediums and go to the end because I know how well I treat my tyres ;) the hardest parts of my race were letting the faster drivers through, and trying to recover from setting myself at -1.7 laps of fuel while managing tyres and pace! But as most other people made 2 stops, I found myself in 5th catching @Dobby. However, I came across a wild @schumizeu who had spun at turn 2/3 and had to avoid him, but it was a free position. I tried and tried but I couldn't catch Dobby, and I had the chance to divebomb him but with 12 points at stake and @Cheekymunkey78 just behind me, I decided to play it safe. Fantastic racing from everyone, thankyou for the best race I've ever had. Races like these remind me why I', in AOR :D

• Friendly
Reactions: Hooper and Dobby

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
Q- 7th
R- 7th

Qualifying lap was a mes, under pressure knowing it was my only lap made me make a few mistakes. Race start was ok, managed to hold my position. I felt I had good pace on the inters and by the pitstops, I was running 4th. Weirdly I was given a 5 second penalty for speeding in the pits even though I was at 50mph. I felt I couldn't manage the 1 stop and it probably didn't pay off as I fell down to 7th after the 2nd pitstop. My pace on the super soft tyres wasn't good as I thought and I was unable to make as many places up as I thought. I did make 2 really good overtakes on @Andrei Ivan and @Sabba7h around the outside of turn 8 which I was really happy. I am hoping to get my penalty removed which I think will promote me up to 3rd which shows how close a race it was today. My POV below:

Dobby

F1 Coordinator & S14 AOR PC F8 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 16, 2017
Well I'm gonna make my race report now because fuckin DAMN

Qualifying - P10
I was one of the last guys out of the pits in the rain, so I was sure I wouldn't get higher than 15th. So to get 10th, I was absolutely stoked!

Race - P4
What a race! I was able to keep it clean and find a few places at turn one, would've found more if not for @Nutzernutzt getting past me and @Fbyson following him through! After that it was about staying consistent and waiting for other people's mistakes. I chose to pit onto the mediums and go to the end because I know how well I treat my tyres ;) the hardest parts of my race were letting the faster drivers through, and trying to recover from setting myself at -1.7 laps of fuel while managing tyres and pace! But as most other people made 2 stops, I found myself in 5th catching @Dobby. However, I came across a wild @schumizeu who had spun at turn 2/3 and had to avoid him, but it was a free position. I tried and tried but I couldn't catch Dobby, and I had the chance to divebomb him but with 12 points at stake and @Cheekymunkey78 just behind me, I decided to play it safe. Fantastic racing from everyone, thankyou for the best race I've ever had. Races like these remind me why I', in AOR :D
Can agree on that. Was the best race so far for me aswell in AOR.

• Winner
Reactions: SexySpudflaps

schumizeu

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 10, 2016
i really enjoy this one!
a stupid mistake cost me the win here :(

i will miss the next two races, because of holiday.