May 4, 2014
Round 2 - Chinese Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 8th October 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Shanghai International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@_hN
@Daresco
@Morvic
@WarnTyre

Last edited:

_hN

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 28, 2017
Unfortunately I won't be able to attend to the race as I'm going on a week holiday just 2hours before the race start. Was one of my favourites to race on but oh well, I'll enjoy the sun in Barcelona(y) Good luck to everyone racing this sunday :angelic:

• Useful
Reactions: Former user1

SuoBBis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 13, 2014
Unfortunately I won't be able to attend to the race as I'm going on a week holiday just 2hours before the race start. Was one of my favourites to race on but oh well, I'll enjoy the sun in Barcelona(y) Good luck to everyone racing this sunday :angelic:
Have a nice holiday :)

• Friendly

Daresco

Pro Karter
Aug 15, 2017
I'm not too sure if I can make it at Sunday, I'm still changing my place of residence and there is still alot of work to do, and also it's not yet sure if the internet will work already lol.

n0body_

GP2 1st Driver
Jun 19, 2017
With the whole "Default setup lottery" that happened in the Aus race (With some people being under parc ferme and others not), I feel it would be fair to turn parc ferme off just so there aren't people who have setups and people who don't. Will make the racing a lot fairer and more consistent.

Just a suggestion ^^

• Agree
Reactions: SuoBBis and Raven

Ecke

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 19, 2017
Sorry guys for being super late! My cable broke during the server maintenance and I couldn't access the forums before this time! This means I can't participate tonight....... :(

• Informative

SuoBBis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 13, 2014
Sigh.
Pretty decent Qualifying, got P4 with 32.6. Race was once again frustrating.
Battled with @PAPA SOKRATIS opening laps, but at the lap 3 I got distracted by a lag spike and went wide at the first corner. My rear tyres touched a grass and I spun, dropping me all the way to p9. I had pretty decent come back drive, but unluckily I just caught my team mate @TSR Vadkan15 when we needed to pit for inters. Therefore I lost at the pits couple of seconds. In the end I finished P7.
I had quite annoying lag spikes through the race. I have no idea, was it because lobby or maybe something with my computer like recording software etc.
At least got my opening points, just like my team mate as well (y) On to the Bahrain. See ya there :)
E: No I did not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vadkan

sigro

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 20, 2017
Well done to @n0body_ and @N1kmido on the podium.

My pace in quali wasn't great compared to race trim, and almost threw pole away with many mistakes in the final sector, but just about held on. Before the race I just tried to work my race strategy around the weather - almost failed it but still had just enough tyres left as the rain came. Then I had some fun drifting around on inters for the final stint :p this track is pretty good in the wet I see, plus my aggressive wing choice seemed to work better in those conditions.

Didn't expect to win by that much after seeing the quali results, but I avoided getting corner cuts which helped the winning margin somewhat. I lost power soon after the race ended, thankfully that didn't happen in the race itself. Cya in Bahrain!

• Winner
Reactions: SuoBBis and N1kmido

Pascheck

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jul 28, 2017
Connection was good from my part. Race was already over for me as soon as I went on track. My quali laps were without an mistakes and I was nearly 3.5 seconds off my pace from various practice sessions. Before the race in strategy I noticed that I loaded the Monaco setup. Finished the race but thats all I could do. Never happened to me before. I thought I had a pace for a solid points finish. Pretty bad. Looking foeward to the next race to redeem myself

n0body_

GP2 1st Driver
Jun 19, 2017
Wasn't a bad race for me all things considered, improvements were definitely made in the setup department compared to Australia (Cheers codies)

Qualifying was good, 32.5 to go p2, I could've snactched pole off @sigro if I didn't bottle the middle sector (Best in practice was a 32.2)

The race I was nowhere near @sigro on pace. He just kept pulling away and after the first stop it was basically confirmed if he didn't have any problems he would win. Got stuck behind @PAPA SOKRATIS for a few laps and then had a brilliant battle with him going side by side for about half a lap just before the rain came down (1 or 2 dive bombs may have been attempted :p)

I need to work on the corner cutting... I picked up 6 seconds worth of penalties with about 4 laps to go and had to really push to get a gap to @N1kmido, which resulted in a crazy save on the last lap.

Looks like it will be a fight for P2 this season, and hopefully I can win it ^^

25:15 -Quali
29:38 -Race start
52:20 -Battle with papa
1:16:50 - Save

Reactions: N1kmido

SuperRace_PL

Pro Karter
Jul 11, 2016
The race went a bit worst than expected.
When I saw that only 14 people were on the grid, I decided to try to qualify on softs. Sadly as I noticed it won't be enough I tried to make a lap on SuperSofts but when the lap was only getting 0.3s better than on softs I decided to back-off.
I started on P12 on Mediums but sadly had a contact with SuoBBis on lap 3. Because of this I had to make an extra pit.
When it started to rain, I started to gain positions on the Inter's and ultimately finished P10.

My Video:

Kremaaa

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 3, 2017
Hello, i'm sorry but I forgot to reset the right nickname during the race yesterday. So "Etalon du cul" is Kremaaa

N1kmido

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Sep 17, 2016
Well that was an entertaining race! Lots of battling for position, weather chaos and a big variety of strategic possibilites. :joyful:

@SuoBBis I wasn´t happy with you giving me a hit and forcing me off at the end of lap 1. It looked like you didn´t give a **** at all that I was right next to you at the entrance of the final corner? :confused:

Congrats to @sigro for destroying the rest of the field twice in a row!

Former user1

Banned Users
May 4, 2014
results updated guys, made a results page in this splits forum as well for easy acces for your convenience