PS4 - Round 2 Malaysian Grand Prix [21/04/16 20:00] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 2 Malaysian Grand Prix [21/04/16 20:00]

Driver of the day?

• Total voters

Sean B

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 6, 2015
seemed to glitch to @Jthorn97 coming out of turn 2 and went off, made a comeback and throttle stuck on coming into the hard braking zone end of s2 - totalled my car

Livid isn't the word

oljoca

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 19, 2016
went into the pits for my first stop and attempted to check the race director which resulted my screen glitching with a faulty menu. my car was then being controlled by a.i and had no choice but to close the application. i will have footage on my youtube channel 'oljoca'. hopefully i will have better luck at china.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Birkoff

Sean B

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 6, 2015
went into the pits for my first stop and attempted to check the race director which resulted my screen glitching with a faulty menu. my car was then being controlled by a.i and had no choice but to close the application. i will have footage on my youtube channel 'oljoca'. hopefully i will have better luck at china.
Bahrain*

We skip China, Monaco, Russia and Mexico

• Informative
Reactions: oljoca

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Just. **** THAT TRACK.
Quali: P11: see statement above.
Race: P10: Got off to a good start and capitalised on the inevitable fuckfest that was T1 and 2, moved up into P6. Had a moentary battle with @oljoca for P5 when on L3 I outbraked myself into the last corner, making the move but hitting Oljoca. In the process of letting him back through I got stuck in the gravel, and ended up P11 again. Come the same corner Lap 4, and I go to make a move on @BeMu, attempting a late brake and sweep up the inside. However, due to him being in a train he broke early so I clipped his rear left and broke my wing. Pit then and there and spent my whole race doing a really **** and boring Time Trial. Shoutout to Sony and Codies for gifting me a point thanks to their connection prowess and @TyranoTigger for letting me unlap myself so i can still say I've never been lapped in AOR. (y)
BRING ON BAHRAIN/EUROPE/ANYTHING.

• Agree
Reactions: Birkoff and Sean B

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
finished 5th, meh. i feel as if i contributed a little more to the team cause this week. that drive was incredibly boring, so hopefully next week is more exciting. i'll post my thoughts after my exam

TyranoTigger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Not going to lie that was pretty boring. Bit of a shame as well because @alexukr seemed to have similar speed to me in the 2nd and 3rd stint. I just had such a big lead after the 1st stint that I was under no real pressure.

Shoutout to @oljoca as well for a strong debut until his issue.

No disconnections thankfully. Hope the lag was okay for you guys.

Reactions: oljoca

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Not going to lie that was pretty boring. Bit of a shame as well because @alexukr seemed to have similar speed to me in the 2nd and 3rd stint. I just had such a big lead after the 1st stint that I was under no real pressure.

My favourite part was the only time I could keep up with you was when you were cruising on worn primes and I was pushing on fresh options.

TyranoTigger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
My favourite part was the only time I could keep up with you was when you were cruising on worn primes and I was pushing on fresh options.
Haha. Did you see me lose speed at the end of the straight? I was trying to get the fucking PS4 to record and it took me into the menu twice before the end :nailbiting:

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Haha. Did you see me lose speed at the end of the straight? I was trying to get the ****ing PS4 to record and it took me into the menu twice before the end :nailbiting:
Yeah I saw. I thought it was lag at first.

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015

Shame @Arwin Ourang doesn't have any intention on racing in this league since I think he would give you a challenge.

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
QUALI: I was able to get a good lap in my first run, which gave me p2 at the beginning. I tried at the end of the session to beat the 35,5, from the first try, but being only relegated to p3 i decided to save the tyres and start on the inside. p3 was definetly a very good place to avoid first corner shambles :D

RACE: Got off to a good start and even had the chance to pass @Desimpele in the first corner, but he won the battle and this gave Tigger the chance to bolt off in complete Vettel 2013 mode. In the first stint i had a very nice scrap with Des and @Jajoots for second place and exept of a little touch a gave Des everything went very clean and fair. Desimpele took always a very wide line inti the hairpins, which made me alwas nearly unintentionally divebomb him, but i was able to manage my braking zones to avoind any collisions exept for once. At the end of the first Stint i finally managed to pass Des on the long right corner and defend from his DRS. When i saw Tom pitting lap 7 i had the tiny little hope that he would go on the 3 stop and with me pitting lap 8 and sticking for the 2 stop i fancied myselfto fight for the win. I was lucky enough to clear Des at the pit exit, because he undercutted me and then i tried to catch jajoots who did a huge undercut to pass me. I catched jajoots but when i saw that he pitted lap 12 for the second time i realised that i had cleared him prett much and pushed then very hard to reduce the gap to Tom. But he pretty much did wonders and drove 10 laps on the second option stint so i was left driving in no man's land between Des and Tigger, to find myself bagging another 18 points to my talley. Congrats to @TyranoTigger for a remarkable drive, especially on the second stint, but i am also a little bit gutted because Malaysia is a very good track for me and my Race pace was really good, especially on worn tyres i was still able to drive clean and when i hed finally a free track Tom was already too far away o challange him.

I am looking forward to Bahrain, where i never league raced before and hope to continue the the good run of form i have at the moment

#LybiahoummusQAcodemasterstesting

BeMu

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 10, 2016
Qualy: P12

Abismal qualifying performance from me - over 1.5 seconds off my PB - had first two laps invalidated for minute cuts after the s-section so wanted to play safe and just ended up being slow. 1:37.4 I think :(

Race: P8

Had a good (lag) start which gained me position into T1 and managed to not lose my front wing this time :D:cool:. The first was certainly action packed! In a train with @Andrei Codreanu @Birkoff @Jthorn97 @HRacingGreen from what I can remember, lots of position changing took place and it was good fun. I apologise to @Jthorn97 for an accidental dive bomb when I got hit by @HRacingGreen - there was nothing I could do.

After the first stint however I realised that a 3 stop was definitely not the right choice and I ended up in no mans land for much of the race :( Near the end of my prime stint, quite the train formed behind me and I guess I defended quite well because it stayed there.

In my final stint I was chasing down @Jajoots and @Birkoff from 13 seconds back with fresh options. I managed to catch them by 10 seconds and fortunately due to penalties I managed to 'overtake' @Birkoff after the end of the race.

P8 it was and a solid 4 points for Williams considering how bad I am round this track :)

Highlights video will be out soon so be on the look out ;)

BeMu

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 10, 2016
Also, sorry about the delay at the start. My internet randomly died for the first time since the storm last week (great timing) and I forgot I had set myself offline to stop friends harassing me during the race :p

Sean B

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 6, 2015
@Jthorn97 I'm sure it was lag based as I gave you 1.5 cars on the inside but I'd like to see what happened at the exit of turn 2

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
Quali: My first run was okay but I just tried to get a time in. Went out to make one last lap which was a good one thinking about how much I hate this track. Made a slight mistake at the long right corner before the straight so could have done a better time.

Race:
No start glitch this time. Me and @Sean B was going side by side through T1 and T2 before he just turned into me which I suspect was lag related. Was down second last with Sean behind me but catch the guy infront of me. @Birkoff braked so early before T1 at lap 4 and I wasn't prepared for this so I think I did the divebomb of the century without any intention. Went into the pits at the end of Lap 9 following my strategy to do 2 stops. Before I went in i turned the mix fuel to lean and I forgot to turn it back after the pitstop. I came out infront of @Andrei Codreanu, @Sean B and @BeMu with primes on when they had options. Ben overtook me quite quickly and that made me realise I forgot to turn the fuel mix back to standard. I defended well against Andrei and Sean with those primes and with all the unintentional fuel saving I had loads of fuel left that I would save for the last stint. Both of them overtook me at lap 13 but managed to stay close behind before Sean got his throttle stuck. Went into the pits again at the end of lap 19. With fresh options I turned up the engine to rich fuel mixture and catch all the guys infront of me with primes. Made a lovely move on Andrei around the outside of T1. Finished 4th which I'm happy on this track.