XB1 - Round 2 - Spa | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 2 - Spa

VLX_NovA

F1 Sponsored Driver
Apr 24, 2016
Has anyone done any wet weather testing, if so what times are people doing?

StubbornGymnast

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Im in doubt for tonight. I thought it was a good idea to jump 2 meters down. Gonna visit the doctor this afternoon. Will let you know.

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
I had to get the ball of the roof. I jused to jump of the same spot i believed. I believed wrong. I think i will make it tonight. I can get my foot down on the pedal without pain so thats a good sign.
Well we hope to see you there!

VLX_NovA

F1 Sponsored Driver
Apr 24, 2016
My connection had a complete fit, and dropped me out during the transition from the warmup to the race, first time it has happened complete bummer :rage:
Oh well, see your guys at Le Mans for Round 3 :)

Sean

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2015
Well that was crap. I didn't qualify because I didn't want to end up shafting someone on the start. So I was in last for basically the whole time I was in the race. Lap 3 came and I had my first crash. Had to pit and eventually got lapped on lap 6. I then crashed again on lap 10 and had to pit again. I was now 2 laps down after just 11 laps. Both crashes happened at Eau Rouge (a corner that I HATE). I really didn't think my driving could be worse than Silverstone - I was wrong. My lack of setup and practice didn't really help and my strategy of hard tires + full fuel = see how long I can go was awful (don't try it at home). 2 weeks, 2 races at Spa, 2 disconnections. There is no way that is just coincidence. See you at Le Mans where I predict that I will be 4 to 5 laps off the lead at the end... (if I finish)

Last edited:

blizzardwizard

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 17, 2015
Well, that was certainly a challenging race, arguably the most difficult of my 2 year online racing career.

Decided against qualifying, and chose to start at the back as a means of avoiding any potential skirmishes mid-pack at the start. Disaster struck on the warmup lap when the car in front of me spun and I lightly hit the side of their car. Thankfully I suffered no damage. Found myself in 7th out of 10 after a few laps at the start, but my car was suffering massively from oversteer, and did so throughout which was a real pain. I settled into a rhythm and figured my main battle would be with Ben, who had pulled about 20 seconds ahead. Both Ben and TheLivingDead made mistakes on the same lap however around 20 laps in, which put me up to 4th place. From that point on it was just a back and forth battle between myself and Ben to see who could make the fewest mistakes up until the end of the race. Unfortunately for me the oversteer worsened in the Marek as the sun set, ultimately culminating in me smashing the barrier at the corner with no name. I'd had a few offs beforehand, but this was my first major one. Since I knew Ben had to pit again as he wouldn't make it on fuel (thanks to his running commentary throughout the race giving me crucial information:rofl:), I decided that I'd try and make the last 15 or so laps with a car that was already suffering massively from oversteer, and was now leaning towards the right every time I lifted my thumb away from the analog stick. I had zero speed, and my wrists after about 30 minutes of dragging this wretched piece of machinery around were incinerated. Despite Ben pitting, he still very nearly caught me, and with one more lap he would likely have gotten past.

Happy with 4th considering I was nowhere near the top 3 pace wise, I guess the LMP1 just isn't the car for me!

.....Le Mans :nailbiting: :meh:

AOR Benjamin

4 Times AOR XB1 PCars and AC Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jun 4, 2015
What can I say about the race. First of all my team mate disconnected in the warm up which is very unlucky, cars spun on the formation lap and at the start I knew I wasn't going to go full throttle until the Kemmel straight and I got past @The Genius. Then he was getting frustrated at my Toyota pulling away a huge amount in the acceleration zone and then @thelivingdead69 said something funny about that and I lost focused and locked up. But he didn't get past me until halfway down the Kemmel straight due to my Toyota running out of ERS at Eau Rouge. I was getting into a rhythm and then I crashed at Eau Rouge after hitting the exit kerb too hard and I had massive damage. So I went into the pits. I did my normal pit strategy and for some reason they put wet tyres on. So I had to pit again by this point I was last. @thelivingdead69 crashed out and I was in 6th place chasing down @RangerPhenix. I was closing by about 1.2 seconds a lap and then I had to change tyres. I did get past him later on and I realised I fucked up my fuel so I had to push like crazy to close the gap to @blizzardwizard and hope he has to pit. While pushing I had a huge moment at Blanchimont. I lost time and for some reason lost force feedback. So I went into the pits and they changed my tyres but they didn't put fuel in so I had to pit again and this time they put fuel in but I lost 5th as a result. And on that lap I lost ERS which cost me a huge amount of time as I was 500 bhp down. I did get it back as soon as I crossed the start finish line. @RangerPhenix had to pit and got back up to 5th and on the last lap I was closing the gap to @blizzardwizard but I run out of laps to get in a position to pass him.

TRL Axeman

Formula 3 Test Driver
Mar 6, 2014
And on that lap I lost ERS which cost me a huge amount of time as I was 500 bhp down.
you cant have an ers failure in the game.

Anyway my race. Quali went ok. 1st stint wasn't overdriving and managed to get in a nice rythm and could just about keep up with adam. On lap 10 i started thinking about a 2 stopper instead of 3 but i bailed out on lap 19(to my suprise adam stayed out to do a 2 stop). I then had 3 really bad laps and made a few mistakes and cut tracks. The tyre wear was way worse in the second stint. 2nd pit stop and who should i come out behind @The Genius and he cost me a chance at the win and i gave him the metaphorical :finger: as i passed him. Then on lap 46 lost all rythm and pace. After my last pitstop the gap to @UrBaNz Octane x was 1min 8 seconds but he had to use 2.5 litres a lap less than me to get to the end. I found my pace again and was relentlesy doing low 57s for the whole last stint and in the end the gap was 38 seconds. I love this car and the challenge of driving it for 2.4 hours is awesome. Looking forward to le mans as i know the track inside out.

Reactions: The Genius

AOR Benjamin

4 Times AOR XB1 PCars and AC Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jun 4, 2015
you cant have an ers failure in the game.
Well why was my ERS Charging underbraking but wasn't deploying. And that happened at the start of the lap as well.
[DOUBLEPOST=1467824924][/DOUBLEPOST]And before you say I was going full throttle down the straights

VLX_NovA

F1 Sponsored Driver
Apr 24, 2016
Well why was my ERS Charging underbraking but wasn't deploying. And that happened at the start of the lap as well.
[DOUBLEPOST=1467824924][/DOUBLEPOST]And before you say I was going full throttle down the straights
I've had the same thing with the Toyota at Le Mans
Only on the outlap from the pits however, It keeps charging but after Anarge it doesn't deploy, usually fixes itself by the end of the lap. I don't know why it does it, I'm guessing it has something to do with the amount of ERS you can use in a single lap, like in real life