Jan 14, 2014
Round 20 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 18th March 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Yas Marina Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Wombeto - won't be home
- @Clint58 - won't be home
- @SexySpudflaps - won't be home
- @acerees - no practice

Last edited:

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
The flu hit me today. Might not be there. Depends on how I feel and if I get time to practice, in order to not be a danger on track.

TheEpicSnowWolf

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 26, 2017
I was wondering if we could set the Session Start Time to dusk for this race so that we'd actually finish in the night. :unsure: Thought it would add a nice touch to the season finale.

@Rienk Get well soon!

• Friendly
Reactions: Rienk

xMinxG

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 1, 2016
Good luck guys. Last race of the season. And with my new xbox ones issue fixed, I am all set for AOR S15...just need to get used to the strange handling and get xbox live again.

• Faff
Reactions: Rienk

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
Right, unless I get amazingly nauseous from dinner, I should be there. I'm feeling well enough to be able to keep concentration. If my body goes haywire mid-race, I'll just pull over, but I honestly don't think that will be a problem.

Reactions: Steve Jackson

LolFish42

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 23, 2017
Well, ****.

Pole position was nice, would have been better if I hadn't choked it on lap 4.

Besides this last race, thanks for racing with you guys this season. Joining AOR has been a literal dream come true for me and I want to thank you all for making it happen.

Sjoelbakkie

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 21, 2017
Qualy: 4th

Well you guys up front were fast. Maybe I could've gotten @Neil Bywater but certainly not top2.

Race: 7th (US/S/US)

So I got well off the line and then I smacked my front wing on the back of @LukeBin010 , which was porbably my fault for expecting him to brake later in the corner. That meant i had to race from the back which wasn't great. Still happy with 7th place though even though i had another small spin somewhere in my soft stint which lost me another 6s.

Thanks everyone for this good (half) season. I'm pretty happy with the pace I've shown but I definitely could make some less mistakes during races. Im pumped to go for S15.

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Well done @LukeBin010 on the win. I was hoping you had more time penalties

@Rienk I've checked qualifying and yes sorry it was me that blocked you. I was focused on Yoan and missed you on the mini map under my big yellow dot. Perhaps proximity arrows are needed. Whoops

I'll see you in the stewards I guess

• Surprised
Reactions: Steve Jackson

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Don't worry about it. A time penalty wouldn't do you any bad because @yoan97222 was more than 25 seconds up the road (atleast on my screen), so the only thing that could come from this is some penalty points anyways.
Also, I'm it's the end of the season and I'm in a good mood, have this one for free ;)
I will put my prox arrows back on as my penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.