XB1 - Round 20 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - 18/03/18 - 20.00GMT | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 20 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - 18/03/18 - 20.00GMT

EditedFaun3698

S16 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
Premium Member
Sep 26, 2017
Well that was turn up for the books :eek:(y):sneaky::cool::p:D:oops::rolleyes:o_O

Qualifying

Knew I had decent pace here, but definitely wasn’t prepared or expecting 2nd or even 1st. Would’ve been interesting where I would’ve came if the TS guys weren’t sandbagging.
Qualified 1st

Race

As I normally start from the back, my main objective is to always keep my position but leave as much space for drivers around me even if they are are quicker than me.
In a past life when I would start on the 2nd or 3rd Row I would fight for my position to make sure I don’t lose my position, on this occasion, I knew @LC SPEED DEMON would try to take me on the inside, as he normal does middle of the field, I squeezed him a much as I could without pushing him in the wall and took the first corner in 1st position.

From there on it was squeaky bum time :eek: as I wasn’t expected to be 1st :D

Was controlling the race until lap 3, wasn’t concentrating downshifted gears and @LC SPEED DEMON took me, in a amateurish attempt to regain my position, I cut the corner, was given a deserved 5 second stop and go, decided to pit as soon as possible in an attempt to cut my losses and finish as high as I could.
Think it was lap 11 when I was in 9th place fighting to catch @Da4thSuspect, think he had a lag spike, I ended up in the air at turn 4/5 landed and ended up in the barriers.

Totally bottled it :D but Really enjoyed the race, and hope to start a full season 15, from the front.

Really enjoyed my first season without TC and hope to see you all next season.

Last edited:

EditedFaun3698

S16 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
Premium Member
Sep 26, 2017
:D
@EditedFaun3698 that was abit aggressive mate lol. Had a horrible sound glitch for a lap. Also had to change my wing at the stop but 5th was a fair result. Fair play to the tr guys for starting at the back
<iframe frameborder=0 webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen scale="tofit" width="320" height="185" style="max-width:100%" src=""></iframe>
Sorry mate, tried to squeeze you as much as possible without pushing you into the barrier, in order to keep you behind me, as you see on the video, I did pull out wide for the corner and was totally surprised you didn’t take me and weren’t in front after turn 1, after that it was squeaky bum time for me :D.

Hoping for more battles hopefully up front with you next season mate (y)

Reactions: LC SPEED DEMON

Da4thSuspect

Project CARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
@Da4thSuspect, think he had a lag spike, I ended up in the air at turn 4/5 landed and ended up in the barriers.
Holy crap dude wondered what happened to you. Didn't notice anything on my screen, no lag, contact etc.. Just one minute you all over the back end then your gone.
Did notice your connection was bad in the lobby but seemed fine in the race, any chance you got any footage?

EditedFaun3698

S16 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
Premium Member
Sep 26, 2017
Holy crap dude wondered what happened to you. Didn't notice anything on my screen, no lag, contact etc.. Just one minute you all over the back end then your gone.
Did notice your connection was bad in the lobby but seemed fine in the race, any chance you got any footage?
Unfortunately mate don’t have a recorder on XB1, but will get one for next season.

Don’t know what happen, but on my screen I was a second behind you 3 corners before the DRS zone (think turn 4/5) next think I know I crash into the back of you, car went up into the air, landed and ended up in the barriers???? Must’ve been a lag spike on my part.
Learned a lot from you this season, to just keep it together and consistent, look forward to more battles next season mate (y)

Briggsy

F1 Test Driver
Apr 25, 2016
Well that was a disappointing but not a surprising end to the season lol. Hasn't been an ideal first season by any means but there have still been some great moments! Figured I'd copy someone else and write some messages;)
@samrockall - Congrats on winning the championship. I'd be lying if i said I wasn't supporting a certain other driver, but you did an awesome job and deserved it. Seem like a nice and genuine guy:)
@Da4thSuspect - Always seemed to be close to you on track when my races didn't go down the pan. Had some nice battles and probably could have had more. Thanks for always being there as host and being a constant
@saKuuu - Definitely had some ups and downs, but I have a lot of respect for you. What you've managed with Thrive is so cool to see and it's impressive what you've accomplished. You're also always there for people in the chat and your knowledge is always valued. As everyone says, the dad of F6 ;)
@OveratedLama - The legend himself and the rightful coordinator:rofl: You drive me mad a lot of the times and I know I give you a lot of stick but you're a good guy. An innocent and somewhat naive guy but a good guy regardless. P.s you should be revising instead of reading this:p
@EPeatie - You're the champion in my eyes <3 . Really enjoyed getting to know you over the season and feel like we've become really good friends. I know we'll keep talking in the chat and in the Dm's (for my great advice;)), but I'll miss having you in the party on Sundays:drowning:
@Briggsy - Saved the best for last! You're the main reason this season has actually been fun and why I'm going to do S15. Thanks to you I would never have met all the other great guys. You're a stand up guy that since Australia has been the only one with a similar attitude to the league as me. Hopefully next season we can finally have that battle we've been waiting for for so long:lol: This entire thing is pretty much stolen from you but when I say you're the best teammate and online friend I could ask for its true. Stay safe on the slopes;)
I wish all of you the best with whatever you get up to (bar one other person:sneaky:). Thanks for the memories!:shame::shame:
So emotional, love you too

Da4thSuspect

Project CARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Unfortunately mate don’t have a recorder on XB1, but will get one for next season.

Don’t know what happen, but on my screen I was a second behind you 3 corners before the DRS zone (think turn 4/5) next think I know I crash into the back of you, car went up into the air, landed and ended up in the barriers???? Must’ve been a lag spike on my part.
Learned a lot from you this season, to just keep it together and consistent, look forward to more battles next season mate (y)
That's really odd sorry to hear that dude, i haven't experienced any major lag spikes since I got fibre.
Obviously its been great to have old rival on the grid ;)

As for this season I've really been impressed with the standard everyone has adhered to, really has been up there as one of the cleanest, fairest leagues I've had the pleasure to be a part of.

Very happy to finish 7th overall, a single point ahead of two arguably faster drivers, and help to gain the Constructors for Mercedes with our superb F6 Champion @samrockall

Hope to see all you guys sign up for the next season :)

Reactions: saKuuu

Adamlee-23

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Briggsy this has nothing to do with you so why don’t you keep your opinions and your nose out of it for once

saKuuu

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 19, 2017
I'm proud of Briggsy for stepping up for one of his brother lads. Adam talks big on Twitter asking others to DM him if they have a problem but he has no issue with bringing the heat in a public forum when he's the victim. And then on top of that he gets upset when someone steps up against him? Kudos for apologizing Adam but yeah double standards on display here, classic.

Atul987

Formula Karter
Nov 20, 2017
I now know how Verstappen felt at Singapore...

<iframe frameborder=0 webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen scale="tofit" width="320" height="185" style="max-width:100%" src=""></iframe>

(Also @Briggsy sorry for hitting you at the start and pushing you off slightly, you braked a lot earlier than I expected :p)

Managed to get a P8 which I was fairly happy with considering the accident.

Even though I joined the league late, it's been great racing with you guys!
Hopefully see you all in the next season :)

Briggsy

F1 Test Driver
Apr 25, 2016
I now know how Verstappen felt at Singapore...

(Also @Briggsy sorry for hitting you at the start and pushing you off slightly, you braked a lot earlier than I expected :p)

Managed to get a P8 which I was fairly happy with considering the accident.

Even though I joined the league late, it's been great racing with you guys!
Hopefully see you all in the next season :)
I wasn’t racing but thanks :wtf::wtf:

Adamlee-23

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 26, 2017
I don’t talk big on twitter I ask people to dm me bacause I’ve been told to keep it off public so that the league don’t look bad , and also when 6 guys jump on 1 guy about something that has nothing to do with them is like I have to stand up for myself , this was an incident between me and lama so you have no part in this what so ever

nerves

Formula Karter
Apr 20, 2015
I don’t talk big on twitter I ask people to dm me bacause I’ve been told to keep it off public so that the league don’t look bad , and also when 6 guys jump on 1 guy about something that has nothing to do with them is like I have to stand up for myself , this was an incident between me and lama so you have no part in this what so ever
No offence adam but you’re the one that initiates it. You could have just posted a stewards inquiry instead of sending messages and tweets to people.

Gotton taken out before aswell it happens just post an inquiry and let the stewards deal with it.