PS4 - Round 20 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (18/03/18 8:00pm) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 20 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (18/03/18 8:00pm)

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
Round 20 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 18th March 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Yas Marina Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@ShaqzzEU
@RC Wallen
@Ali Kidd

Questions to drivers:

1) Please do a short review of the season in term sof results, fun and overall racing

2) What was your high- and your Lowlight of the season

3) Rate your season from 1-10

Pole
1)
2)
3)
first to retire:

to @Ollie_D631 : How does it feel to be AOR F1 champion and belong to an elite group of drivers?

to @SynTeTiC96 : Did you expect to be in the title battle so long in your first league racing season an what do you think you need to improve to mount another challenge next season?

to @XxCarrexX06 : a dominant performance in Brazil saw you took an easy win, do you think you can deliver these types of performances consistently over the cours eof a season and fight for the titlein the future?

Last edited:

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
1) Please do a short review of the season in term sof results, fun and overall racing

It was diabolical, at first i really fancied myself to do well and in some races at the start i had really some pace, but i had a lot of bad luck, a lot of driving errors and a big lack of motivation. I am seriously considering to sit next season out, but at the same time i dont wanna leave this game on such a bitter note.

Defo my pole in Bahrain as a highlight, but dropping on the Medium from the lead to 7th was really devestating and se tthe tone for the rest

Pole: @Aressi191
1) @XxCarrexX06
2) @Aressi191
3) @Ollie_D631
first to retire: @wooly51

SynTeTiC96

S15 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 14, 2017
Results have been more i could ever wish for. So much good battles, i'm really happy to be a part of you guys.

Highlight was my win in Bahrain, i still can not believe it. Lowlight where Canada and Monaco, because i couldnt show my pace around there.
I think a 9 would be fair.
Pole
1) @XxCarrexX06
2) @Aressi191
3) @Ollie_D631
first to retire:
to @SynTeTiC96 : Did you expect to be in the title battle so long in your first league racing season an what do you think you need to improve to mount another challenge next season?
Not at all, at the beginning i was happy about every point i could get. I think i need to focus more on quali, but it keeps getting better and better. Tbh this season showed me that i'm not quite good enough, but i'm sure this will come with more experience. I'm racing online since just 1.5 years now and i made good progress. Hopefully i can keep my pace up like this.

Last edited:

Ollie_D631

S14 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 1, 2016
The season for me has been a massive surprise. The first half had some ups and downs, but to take a win in China was a massive highlight. Then for the 2nd half of the year, i got a new 27 inch monitor which was a massive upgrade from my old 18 inch tv :lol:. This made a massive difference and the results and consistency started to come from Belgium onward. The racing has been pretty good, despite how poor the game is. To take the title is amazing and a massive shock.

Highlight, China (First win), think it was a massive surprise for everyone including myself.
Lowlight, Spain/Canada, drove terribly in both races.

9, i would say 10 but there were a few races in the first half of the season that were poor from myself.

Pole @Aressi191
1) @Aressi191
2) @XxCarrexX06
3) @SynTeTiC96
first to retire: @HRacingGreen

to @Ollie_D631 : How does it feel to be AOR F1 champion and belong to an elite group of drivers?
It feels amazing, and very surreal. My aim at the start of the season was to get consistent points, and now im champ. Also i was 65 + points behind Ali after the first half of the season so to be champion is unreal.

F4H_Green

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Suppose I'd better turn up to my last race. I'll be there to take one of the many vacant machines.

BigC_019

GP2 2nd Driver
Sep 17, 2016
1) After the strong end to S13 on F1 2016, getting used to no racing line and improving my speed in AOR I had bigger hopes for S14. Unfortunately, they didn't really materialise. The main issue has been qualifying, a lot of times I have underperformed but there's a lot of faster guys over one lap than me. Even in my other league, my qualifying performances aren't great. Saying that though, my race pace all season has been really strong, a lot stronger and on a par, imo, with drivers who have won races. I hoped for more, but one podium and regular points finishes is to be expected really. A few tenths missing over one lap especially to fight for podiums and even the odd win.

The battles, when they have happened, have been decent. A few good ones with @HRacingGreen standout really. Ultimately, the racing is not as fun or as unpredictable as S12 on F1 2016, which is one of the many reasons I won't be signing up for S15.

2)
High - Podium and qualifying in Brazil.
Low - First half of the season, Monaco aside really was tough pace wise for me. Italy - podium pace but screwed over by the game at the start especially though.

3)
I have less points than I did in S12 and I felt I drove better in S13 despite missing like six races that season. I'd say a 5.

Pole - @XxCarrexX06
1) @XxCarrexX06
2) @Ollie_D631
3) @SynTeTiC96
first to retire: Chicken

Aressi191

S13 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Premium Member
Aug 7, 2016

First half of the season horrible, had good pace since Bahrain but game gave me a lot of problems. Last half been a lot better. Good battles specially last half of the season. Been fun also at times but missing safety car takes a lot of fun away.

Those three wins highlight. So many lowlight races where had pace to win but had problems with game and also made some mistakes.

Pole @Ollie_D631
1) @XxCarrexX06
2) @Ollie_D631
3) @SynTeTiC96
first to retire:

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
can confirm that i wont be racing due to my new pedals having to be fixed and a back injury, will be in the lobby though to send out the invites and getting the race set up

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
can confirm that i wont be racing due to my new pedals having to be fixed and a back injury, will be in the lobby though to send out the invites and getting the race set up
well i have not sent in my pedals yet, so i will race for the bantz just to end this dreadful season

Simo911

Pro Karter
Aug 30, 2017
Sorry. Can't race tonight. I have had no practice and enough sleep whole week. It is not easy to raise a next generation sim racer.

• Informative
Reactions: alexukr

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
thank god this season is finally over

I am quite frustrated tb, didnt do any race laps and i did the bad call to go onto the Soft at the start, otherwise this could have been a podium, but well, at least not lapped

clarky_110

F1 1st Driver
Jun 7, 2015
Don’t think that race could have gone any worse for me. Front pack couldn’t get away becos someone decided to conduct a train so everyone caught up, ended up behind my team mate who pitted on the lap I wanted to, then Chicken decided he owned every inch of the track which was nice of him, wasn’t fun anymore so I quit.

wooly51

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
Quali - 6th - Quite surprised to pull that lap out, especially considering I left a lot on the table in the final sector and ballsed up the chicane in the middle sector losing a tenth.

Race - 9th - Good start as always, went into T1 and basically found a gap that rapidly closed and I span Syntetic which I still believe to be my fault. As I waited and had to change my wing, this set me back about 20 seconds, which didn't really affect the overall result, but at least as I was on my own I couldn't be affected by lag.

I'm not sure what was going on with @alexukr's car though. I lapped you 3/4 times but at one point I had lapped you going into the final sector, for you to then set the fastest lap when I was under the hotel, your car displayed behind me..

Got to the end, no names displayed on the final screen. Abu Dhabi as a track must be bugged as this is not the first time this has happened on this game to me.