Jan 12, 2014
Round 20 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 18th March 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Yas Marina Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @SvenZSven
- @IsaacPrice99
- @F.Donoso

Last edited:

Qélon

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Sep 15, 2016
Just wanted to say that I won't compete in S15, therefore this race is going to be my last one until at least S16. It has clearly been shown to me that, without at least some amount of practice I'm not capeable of competing with the best. With my final exams starting in May and ending in July I don't really see a point in doing next season, maybe I'm coming back for another season in the future.
Either way, I'm hoping for an at least decent last race of the season and wish all of you good luck for this race, the upcoming season and their real lifes as well. Thanks for 3 awesome seasons, it was a pleasure.
giphy.gif

Timp

S17 AOR PC F1 Champion & S14 PC F2 Sprint Champion
Jan 4, 2017
Just wanted to say that I won't compete in S15, therefore this race is going to be my last one until at least S16. It has clearly been shown to me that, without at least some amount of practice I'm not capeable of competing with the best. With my final exams starting in May and ending in July I don't really see a point in doing next season, maybe I'm coming back for another season in the future.
Either way, I'm hoping for an at least decent last race of the season and wish all of you good luck for this race, the upcoming season and their real lifes as well. Thanks for 3 awesome seasons, it was a pleasure.
View attachment 39396
We're gonna miss you :cry::cry:

• Friendly
Reactions: Qélon

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Final race of the season! :eek:

Will surely be my final F1 race for a while as well - at least in the top league. On previous games/seasons the balance between my pace and the level of quality in the league was always as such that I could be reasonably competitive in the top league without having to put in an insane amount of effort - maybe on average 2 race runs a week if I wanted a decent result. However on F1 2017 I feel like I've not been able to get to the same level I used to be with a similar amount of practice, and combined with how incredibly competitive this league has become in terms of quality of drivers, this season has shown that I'm currently at a point where I just won't be competitive at all unless I was to dedicate my whole week to practicing and put everything else aside, which I don't exactly feel like. Undecided at the moment whether I will take a full break from F1 next season or if I will sign up to race in a lower tier, but either way I will continue to keep an eye on the PC F1 league and I'm sure it will continue to thrive in S15 with the incredible amount of talent on display.

Thanks for the battles mate :)

n0body_

AOR iRacing GTE S8 Pro Champion
Jun 19, 2017
Undecided at the moment whether I will take a full break from F1 next season or if I will sign up to race in a lower tier
Nah you've just taken a break from FR2.0, what's an AOR F1 season w/out Fisi at this point :cry:

• Friendly
Reactions: FisiFan91

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014

Well, that's that.

Massive congrats to @Bereznay Dani who is our AOR PC F1 Season 14 Champion!

Also congrats to to the runner-up @töpäää and also @Timp for pushing him closely along the way.

Well done as well to @Brendon Leigh for finishing a clear 4th despite only doing 13 races. Actually... well done to all of you, as you've all shown some crazy pace this season! Too crazy for me anyway haha.

Special mention to @RaikoGordon24 for keeping me company at the back in some races recently, and for being a super reliable lobby host all season!

I doubt I'll see you on track again in S15, as if I do continue it'll surely be in a lower tier, but I'll see you on the forum at least and maybe on discord. Hope many of you will carry on racing and embrace the talent and competition that this league has got!

Championship standings:

Constructor standings:

Some extra stats:

WINS:
6 - @töpäää
5 - @Brendon Leigh
4 - @Bereznay Dani
2 - @Timp
2 - @SvenZSven
1 - @IsaacPrice99

POLES:
7 - @Bereznay Dani
3 - @Brendon Leigh
2 - @Raven
2 - @Ycoms
1 - @F.Donoso
1 - @SvenZSven
1 - @Marcel Kiefer
1 - @töpäää
1 - @ImpulsiveRacer
1 - @CAR_MrHamilton44

FASTEST LAPS:
4 - @RaikoGordon24
2 - @NonRunner
2 - @töpäää
2 - @Raven
2 - @CAR_MrHamilton44
1 - @Fehler3
1 - @sigro
1 - @Bereznay Dani
1 - @Timp
1 - @SvenZSven
1 - @Brendon Leigh
1 - @F.Donoso
1 - @IsaacPrice99

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
I got mentioned! Oo
*sees the reason*
Oh...well, that's cool...I guess...
Also: Hugo has been cheating!

Fantastic season everyone, you truly made this the most competitive one ever on the PC side! :)

Timp

S17 AOR PC F1 Champion & S14 PC F2 Sprint Champion
Jan 4, 2017
I got mentioned! Oo
*sees the reason*

Fantastic season everyone, you truly made this the most competitive one ever on the PC side! :)
You won wall of shame also :p

sigro

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 20, 2017
Thanks guys for organising a great season :) was nice to be a part of it, in spite of the Codemasters incidents along the way. Though I'm a bit disappointed that I couldn't find the motivation to continue practising for races after wrecking Max at Baku from a great position - ever since then I've just been driving around on hard tyres in quali and learning braking points there etc, which kinda summarises how irrelevant my contribution has been since then. Nevertheless it's been fun, even if I don't always admire the divebombing culture around here. :wtf:

I would like to compete again next year, but only if I think I'll be motivated to actually practice for races next time. Luckily it's easier to get up to speed in this game than it is in iRacing for example, but it's still required to put in a decent effort to be competitive, so let's see.

Congrats to @Bereznay Dani on the championship! Your qualifying pace and consistency has been exceptional all season, and I know first hand how difficult it is to beat @töpäää, well deserved.

Reactions: Slickk

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017
The wall of shame is now finished as well, for those who are interested I have some quick statistics here:

@Raven was our cleanest driver with only getting 0.29 penalties per race, @F.Donoso dominated the wall of shame with his 3.25 penalties per race and @n0body_ received the most penalties overall (27)

The USA race saw the most penalties (36) and we had only two races without any penalties which were China and Azerbaijan.

There was no race where everyone had penalties, however the closest to that were Russia and Abu Dhabi (only three drivers without penalties).

@F.Donoso has the record of most penalties in a single race (7 penalties in the USA)
@Slickk had the most clean races (13)

Overall we had 297 penalties in 20 races, that's an average of 14.85 penalties per race.

You can view the full table in the wall of shame post.

Reactions: FisiFan91

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017
Alright, got to say something here. :cat:

First of all, many congratulations again to @Bereznay Dani for winning the championship! What a performance. :cool:
Also @töpäää you have shown what a fantastic driver you are, I've kinda become a fan of yours, your racecraft is truely impressive. (y)
Thank you @Raven for giving me a little confidence boost right when I needed it. :)
I had a good time preparing for the races together with you guys, especially @Bereznay Dani @Raven @Timp @n0body_ @Marcel Kiefer and of course my lovely teammate @maxafc46 - I think we did pretty well this season, especially in terms of consistency. :shy:
It's a shame you don't do season 15 @Qélon :(, it was great fun racing with you.

My expectations were little as in August and September I was not where I should have been pacewise, so I also want to thank @FisiFan91 and all the responsible coordinators for giving me the chance to prove myself in AOR Split 1 again:love:, I have so much fun competing here and won't get tired practicing and trying to catch these aliens:blackalien: (who are amazing).

For those who are interested, this was the season from the point of view of a midfield runner :angelic: - I have to add that @King-kodiak and @Hamish Sopwith are two great commentators who give the stream a very special flair. You guys are awesome!
Oh, and please let Cannonball become the AOR F1 theme song forever.

It's been a pleasure, I hope to see you all again in Melbourne for the start of season 15!

King-kodiak

AOR Head Commentator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
May 10, 2016
Well what a season its been. Taken right down to the final round, and for me and @Hamish Sopwith in the box, its been such an incredible season beginning to end. You guys have always put on a great show for us to shout about, and shout about it we did. Love the montage there @Fehler3 , I just wish we had the chance to see more battles that go on midfield and at the back, as we concentrate on where the intense battles are, and those further forward take precedent, though we have always tried to get as many people some air time as we can. I feel bad that we can't cover the amazing battles you guys have, but we try our best to give not just the audience but you drivers the best coverage we can.

Thank you as always AOR for allowing me and Hamish in the box for this season, it was amazing to cover.

n0body_

AOR iRacing GTE S8 Pro Champion
Jun 19, 2017
I guess I need to put something here..
Well, starting the season off in F2 (Only because there were so many other fast drivers that @FisiFan91 had no other choice), and there I took podiums & a win in the first 4 races. Spain came around, with people dropping out of F1 that allowed myself and @sigro to be promoted, and I never really looked back from there. My season was up and down, highlights being my front row start at Monaco, finally being able to show my talent in the wet at Monzo (If you don’t get the joke it’s fine :p) and my best finish of the season at Singapore. Lowlight obviously Baku where I stacked it into a wall from a podium position.

Being this is my first season of any sort of league racing, I came in having fairly low expectations. Needless to say, being on a grid with 19 of the fastest drivers on PC was a real shock. Great battles with everyone through the season, looking forward to continuing them into S15 :cool:

Reactions: Raven and FisiFan91

RaikoGordon24

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 20, 2016
It's my turn to send you a message I guess.

First, huge congrats to @Bereznay Dani on winning the Championship !

Well, it hasn't been the best season for myself in terms of performances compared to my xbox time.... Oh wait I won the Fastest Lap Award ! It means I can boast of having the best race pace haha. Anyway, I have been very proud to be part of, I think, the most competitive ever split in the PC F1 Leagues. I enjoyed every single battle I did throughout the season even if they started to remain exclusively with @FisiFan91 by the end :p . Special mention to @Hamish Sopwith and @King-kodiak for enhancing our racing with their wise comments, for sure I will continue to follow their streams the seasons coming up.

Moreover, I want to thank you all to have trusted me leaving me the responsibility of hosting lobbies, I hope not to have disappointed you. As you might know if you were in the discord channel during the race, but sunday's race was my last for a while and I wish best of luck to all you guys for next season. :)

I got mentioned! Oo
*sees the reason*

:p