Dec 9, 2016
Round 20 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 18th March 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Yas Marina Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @_d4Mn_
- @Amstar27

Last edited:

_d4Mn_

Pro Karter
Dec 6, 2017
I won't be racing as I will be going back to Hungary on the weekend.

As there will be no races after, just would like to take a moment and thank you all for the great atmosphere and great battles I had with you on the last few races. (I joined the league in Singapore)
You guys are fantastic!

Hopefully see you all in the next season!

Amstar27

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 11, 2017
Unfortunately the room of my steering wheel is not coming so I could not participate, I will come back stronger next season good race to all

Kevin Kalt

Formula Karter
Aug 31, 2017
last race of the season...

thank you guys for an amazing first season of league racing...already looking forward to australia next season...

Sabba7h

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Was a great season racing with you guys. I had a great time.

Hopefully most of us end up in the same split next season.

Sabba7h

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 26, 2017
if anyone knows how to change that tag under my name that says "pro karter" to something else id greatly appreciate it if you could tell me how thx

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
if anyone knows how to change that tag under my name that says "pro karter" to something else id greatly appreciate it if you could tell me how thx
You can't, it's automatic depending on your activity in the forum

Sorry about me raging that much yesterday, I had enough. So many incidents during the race, and I was probably the cause of those incidents half of the time, I don't know. Still, it pushed me to the limit of sanity and anger, which made me retire when I couldn't even get the fastest time (though very close to it 3 times, but got impeded doing so -.-)

24:40 = I spun when trying to avoid @Thezz who lost grip aswell. Maybe I should have lifted more off the throttle. That front wing damage got me to be slow in most part of the track, so sorry @Breakdown and @Skinner if we collided. I guess that was the reason

26:12 = I had the best fucking bullshit 5 seconds stop-go penalty ever. Like what advantage did I gain there you stupid retarded steward ???

33:20 = Got hit in the rear, but @Breakdown told me the lag was at fault.

35:10 = Got hit in the rear again in the same spot

51:50 = I was catching up to @Skinner really fast, then @Graham Thomson came out of the pits, made contact with @Skinner and then we collided at full speed. Earning me another pit stop for a change of front wing

59:15 = Coming in the last corner, @Graham Thomson was reversing in the middle of the track and I had nowhere to go (I could've gone to the far left but would have lost the car. To the right, I would have done a massive corner cut and could have had either 10 seconds penalty, stop-go, drive through or disqualification on the spot. Had this happen to me once)

I then put ultrasofts on, and tried to get the fastest lap of the race, but caught up to the battle between @LungVika and @return which prevented me from doing so, and in the end, I got mad and just retired.

This race was just a pure nightmare that sums up pretty much the rest of the season for me. I know I've been a fucking whining piece of **** pain in the ass most of the time, but that's my character. I hate spending hundreds of hours practicing to see the result being either crashes, DNF or whatever. Which means, time wasted and thrown out the window.

Compared to the rest of the top 10 in the standings, I made next to no progress in terms of consistency, pace or accuracy during the course of the whole season. My only highlight would be Brazil, but then again, it was down to sheer luck only and good strategy call. Luck because I still kept the pit service before @Fersiphion in spite of his kamikaze dive attack (I love that name, Gotenks would be jealous :p). Because @return got trolled by Jeff (you can check your MFD to swap the next set of tyres before entering the pitlane though !), and @yobbo grabbing a bullshit DSQ in the pit exit.

All in all, thank you @yobbo for some good advice you gave me, which helped in Brazil (kinda). Sorry @Fersiphion for you were **** last season and the best DNF driver ever (even got an AOR award for that) but you improved and wrecked me in the end.

And congratulations to @Sabba7h who was consistent all throughout the season and that showed at the end how he was fighting for the lead in almost every races.

Oh, and **** you @Dobby for cheating your WDC win with the racing line and corner cutting ;) But still nice to have you present at every single races with me as a coordinator and you as a host.

If all of you stay for the next season, half of the field will be promoted to higher tiers, just don't **** up your time trial evaluations, and you'll be fine

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Sabba7h

Sabba7h

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 26, 2017
I had asked because there are people with titles like "Split 4 Champion" (see: SMEAJ) and "Slowest GT3 Driver Ever" so I thought maybe it's something I can edit

And thanks btw. You have improved massively as well, you've scored more points this season than your last two combined. You're going to do better next season

Kevin Kalt

Formula Karter
Aug 31, 2017
bad race for me aswell -.- crashed out because i pushed to hart on the way to the pits aftrer losing my frontwing-.-