PS4 - Round 20 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix [18/03/2018 8:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 20 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix [18/03/2018 8:00PM]

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 20 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 18th March 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Yas Marina Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@S40TYD
@JohnnyR95
@ii_Deccaaaaa_ii
@CombiKoermi
@Senaattori

Last edited:

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
The final race where the battle everybody has been looking at will be decided...

That's right, the intense battle for 11th in the Championship between @InFinityzzHD on 45 points, myself on 44 points and @DON SILVA on 41 points will come to a close. The cameras will be on us all race long no doubt.
Best of luck to you all! I did see a few others are fighting for Championship positions too, so good luck to all of you lot as well. =)

Reactions: TheTubbyNinja

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
The final race where the battle everybody has been looking at will be decided...

That's right, the intense battle for 11th in the Championship between @InFinityzzHD on 45 points, myself on 44 points and @DON SILVA on 41 points will come to a close. The cameras will be on us all race long no doubt.
Now would be a great time for me to get my first top 5 finish of the season. *Rates optimistic*

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Not the final race of the season I wanted... My race was over as soon as we got to T3 unfortunately. =(
From that point on I was on my own for the rest of the race.

Qualifying
Qualifying actually went pretty well for once! I was pretty happy to put a 37.0 in early on, albeit on my second lap on the same set of tyres, putting me 5 tenths ahead on Pole for a bit. I wanted to do two laps at the end of the session but unfortunately, I didn't have time. On my last lap, I was able to improve to a 36.9 which I was happy with, with me being just two tenths off @MattDavies2511 on Pole. Then it turned to a little bit of a disappointment as @KaneIyanda and @InFinityzzHD both managed to squeeze in between us. But still, the gap from 1st to 4th was just two tenths, so overall I thought it was pretty good.

Race
Had a good start to get alongside @InFinityzzHD for T1, before he got ahead after T2, to when lag kicked in going around T3 where his car lagged backwards into mine, damaging my front wing where my race was over. =(
Then at the end of the first long straight, I braked normally but my car wouldn't stop. I had to avoid hitting Infinity and went down the inside where I still made contact, but not as bad as it would have been had I not changed direction. Sorry about that.
Straight after going through the chicane side by side, I get slightly squeezed off the track which I put down to him being at full lock due to the line he was having to take from my unintentional pass. Once we straightened up, I thought he'd move to the right to let me back on track, but he remained against the edge of the track where I had to carry on off it until I was able to join back on. This let @Roadhouse gain a position on me.

I tried to keep up but to no avail. I was thankfully able to stay ahead of the pack that was behind me though. I stayed out for a few laps before finally pitting to get a new front wing on Lap 4, knowing my tyres would last the distance. (Technically I could have pitted a lap earlier but I wanted to be sure haha.)
Exited in last position, not including my teammates AI car, and just tried to push as much as I could. I managed to climb through the pack, only from when they all made their pit stops, where I found myself back in 5th position where again, I couldn't catch up to those ahead. I ended up finishing in 5th place in a pretty lonely race. (4th after @InFinityzzHD's penalties.)

So yeah, a disappointing last race of the season being ruined by lag. It looked like a brilliant battle up at the front for 1st, which I think I could have been a part of it, if it wasn't for that damage I received. Ah well, congrats to @KaneIyanda on the win, and @Roadhouse and @MattDavies2511 for the podium positions. Another huge congrats to @MattDavies2511 on his Championship win! Fully deserved man! Congrats! =) (I believe Constructors too right? So congrats on that too!)
I would look back on the season and say if this and that didn't happen, but I'm sure that's something we all could say. So it is what it is. A great season which I'm happy I managed to claim 2nd place in. Onto the next! =D

• Friendly
Reactions: MattDavies2511

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Choked quali and had my race ruined by wing damage. Ah well.

MattDavies2511

PS4 S14 F4 and PCars S9 GT3 Semi-Pro Champion
Jan 15, 2017
All I can say is that it has been an absolute pleasure racing against all of you this season. We have had our ups and our downs as a tier with dodgy racing, dodgy connections, dodgy hosts and a dodgy game. Other than all these things it's been fun ;)

Going to miss racing on a Sunday for the next month or so until S15. Hopefully alot of us who will be racing can remain in a similar tier next year. I know for me I'll now be taking racing line off and attempting to do something about my pesky brother in F1 *rates optimistic*

Finally I would like to say a huge thanks to @DON SILVA for organising us for however many weeks it has been.

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Well then gentlemen, we have come to the end of the season. It's been a long journey full of twists and turns but we've made it to the end. 12 of the original 20 drivers made it to the end. Thanks to everybody for participating in season 14. It's been an honour to be your coordinator for the season and I hope you've enjoyed yourselves. As you all know, I'm not racing next season but I'll still be involved in running the leagues. To those of you who plan on returning for season 15, information about it will be available in a few weeks time. Rest up and get ready to do it all again. Enjoy the break guys!

MattDavies2511

Jan 15, 2017
Well then gentlemen, we have come to the end of the season. It's been a long journey full of twists and turns but we've made it to the end. 12 of the original 20 drivers made it to the end. Thanks to everybody for participating in season 14. It's been an honour to be your coordinator for the season and I hope you've enjoyed yourselves. As you all know, I'm not racing next season but I'll still be involved in running the leagues. To those of you who plan on returning for season 15, information about it will be available in a few weeks time. Rest up and get ready to do it all again. Enjoy the break guys!
I'll treasure your L's this season... will forever be saved on my PC ;)

• Friendly
Reactions: DON SILVA

MattDavies2511

Jan 15, 2017
Montage will be out tomorrow. Just finished Mexico, going to hopefully get it done after work tomorrow night... get the popcorn out it's abit long

Senaattori

Formula 4 Test Driver
Apr 6, 2017
Thanks for fair second half of the season. Congratulations to @MattDavies2511 for the drivers title and to us for the constructors title! It's glad to see that my points were important part of our title :)

I think it's time to rest next season and because of other responsibilities I'm returning on season 18 or 19 if I'm even returning.

• Friendly
Reactions: MattDavies2511

KaneIyanda

Reigning PS4 F4 Bottlejob
Premium Member
May 7, 2017
Been a pleasure to race this season with you lads, it’s had it’s ups and downs but it’s been pretty great. You’re all a great bunch of lads and it’s been an absolute pleasure to race with you.

Congratulations to @MattDavies2511 for the spectacular performance you’ve put on this season, it’s been great to watch you grow as a driver, all the best to you in your new tier(y)

Also, fantastic drive this season for you too. Unfortunately you didn’t get the title, but your consistency this season was brilliant so well done. @SolidNinjaSnake

Thank you @DON SILVA for being a great team mate, co-ordinator and an engineer this season. It’s been an absolute pleasure to get to know you, had some great laughs in the parties and moments I’d rather forget quickly:rofl:

InFinityzzHD

PS4 Triple Crown 2018 Indy 500 Champion
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2017
Not the final race of the season I wanted... My race was over as soon as we got to T3 unfortunately. =(
From that point on I was on my own for the rest of the race.

Qualifying
Qualifying actually went pretty well for once! I was pretty happy to put a 37.0 in early on, albeit on my second lap on the same set of tyres, putting me 5 tenths ahead on Pole for a bit. I wanted to do two laps at the end of the session but unfortunately, I didn't have time. On my last lap, I was able to improve to a 36.9 which I was happy with, with me being just two tenths off @MattDavies2511 on Pole. Then it turned to a little bit of a disappointment as @KaneIyanda and @InFinityzzHD both managed to squeeze in between us. But still, the gap from 1st to 4th was just two tenths, so overall I thought it was pretty good.

Race
Had a good start to get alongside @InFinityzzHD for T1, before he got ahead after T2, to when lag kicked in going around T3 where his car lagged backwards into mine, damaging my front wing where my race was over. =(
Then at the end of the first long straight, I braked normally but my car wouldn't stop. I had to avoid hitting Infinity and went down the inside where I still made contact, but not as bad as it would have been had I not changed direction. Sorry about that.
Straight after going through the chicane side by side, I get slightly squeezed off the track which I put down to him being at full lock due to the line he was having to take from my unintentional pass. Once we straightened up, I thought he'd move to the right to let me back on track, but he remained against the edge of the track where I had to carry on off it until I was able to join back on. This let @Roadhouse gain a position on me.

I tried to keep up but to no avail. I was thankfully able to stay ahead of the pack that was behind me though. I stayed out for a few laps before finally pitting to get a new front wing on Lap 4, knowing my tyres would last the distance. (Technically I could have pitted a lap earlier but I wanted to be sure haha.)
Exited in last position, not including my teammates AI car, and just tried to push as much as I could. I managed to climb through the pack, only from when they all made their pit stops, where I found myself back in 5th position where again, I couldn't catch up to those ahead. I ended up finishing in 5th place in a pretty lonely race. (4th after @InFinityzzHD's penalties.)

So yeah, a disappointing last race of the season being ruined by lag. It looked like a brilliant battle up at the front for 1st, which I think I could have been a part of it, if it wasn't for that damage I received. Ah well, congrats to @KaneIyanda on the win, and @Roadhouse and @MattDavies2511 for the podium positions. Another huge congrats to @MattDavies2511 on his Championship win! Fully deserved man! Congrats! =) (I believe Constructors too right? So congrats on that too!)
I would look back on the season and say if this and that didn't happen, but I'm sure that's something we all could say. So it is what it is. A great season which I'm happy I managed to claim 2nd place in. Onto the next! =D
Sorry mate if I lagged back into you. Had no lag appearing on my screen at all and for that incident we had in that chicane I'm also sorry was indeed full lock to the right and went just wide cuz of that curb also after that I thought I'd cleared you and you were behind me so sorry if I sqeeuzed you a bit there.

• Friendly
Reactions: SolidNinjaSnake