PS4 - Round 20 - Brazilian GP [19/03/2017 - 8pm GMT] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 20 - Brazilian GP [19/03/2017 - 8pm GMT]

mpc-v1

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
Oct 20, 2015
Well, a track I like. Made a mistake in quali so started from the back. Got another great start (only thing i'm good at on here) and made a move on @pete day late in the lap. Made another mistake at the end of lap 2 and spun off. Found my way back to the track and got my head down. Then a car came out of the pits and passed me under drs down to turn 1, I got a better run out of turn 3 and got the drs and moved to the left. Was fully alongside for turn 4 only for the other guy to turn into me and put me off track. Yet again the poor driving standards were evident. Started on the hard tyres and pitted at the end of lap 21. Put the mediums on and had a steady run to the end of the race to finish 9th.

syluntbob

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 22, 2016
Couldn't avoid a sideways mclaren in the centre of the track of donks on lap 1, ruined my wing and any chance of points, over 40s from back of field after pitting!

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Where did @Dale Stones finish? I pretty much spent the whole of my race with him

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Yeah, @neil rutter sent me a message on the PS4 around 7.30 saying he would not be around for today.

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
@Marcus Lindblom. I'm very interested to hear your side of the story because I almost threw my pad out the window. 4th on medium tyres and right behind @OurRobOrRoss. A podium was a real possibility today.

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Results and standings updated!
Did a quick one today, just enough to get the standings updated. Will add race times and that tomorrow.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
The big freeze before the original race was so anti-climatic lol, as for the proper race in the end I'm delighted to nick 3rd at the death, as I had to change my front wing mid-race that VSC was a lifesaver:angelic:, without it I probably finish 6th or 7th.
Reason why I had to change my wing I just bumped @chris130256 in the rear and I got orange damage to one side was just about drivable and thought any chances of a podium was f*cked at that point in all honesty.

Saw poor old chris become victim to a lag spike, his car got absolutely destroyed by @pete day who jolted back suddenly that's what caused the VSC, but anyway I'll do my normal full race report later.

@Marcus Lindblom. I'm very interested to hear your side of the story because I almost threw my pad out the window. 4th on medium tyres and right behind @OurRobOrRoss. A podium was a real possibility today.

Wondered what happened to you, guess that explains it unlucky mate. Also you too @Donks that's one of the most ridiculous dsq's I've ever seen.

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Terrible connection tonight! Lots of cars ghosting. My race ended when racing with Pete. His car completely disappeared from my screen, then reappeared with my car inside his! Threw me into the wall.

blake300892

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
8th for me.

First time on the game for 2 weeks, no practice at all, just used a set up from earlier in the season as had no idea.

Uneventful, didnt have many fights and really lacked pace on the harder compounds.

Happy to take points

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Terrible connection tonight! Lots of cars ghosting. My race ended when racing with Pete. His car completely disappeared from my screen, then reappeared with my car inside his! Threw me into the wall.
I have my suspicions its the track, as I've not experienced this much lag anywhere else.

Reactions: chris130256

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
LOL. Guess the ghost in the machine got scared again.
1st lobby i made it to 4th on the grid.
Second one; 19th.
Race; 6th. :(
Vid is loading.

Reactions: chris130256

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q: 17th (6th in the second lobby)

Bottled every run. Set a 17.4 sector 1 on my first soft tyre run and got my lap invalidated at T4 for the first time ever on this game. Looking at the times, my PB would have put me 4th but it means nothing now

R: DNF

Got a decent launch. @Elite_sultan was very slow off the line so I jumped him and was up to 5th. @blake300892 tried to dive it up the inside at T1 but I maintained the position. I passed @Marcus Lindblom before T1 on lap 2. @OurRobOrRoss must have outbraked himself there because I saw him rejoining the track and losing a position to @dFlashAshb. Luckily for him, he was far enough ahead that I couldn't pass him into T4. Unluckily for me, @Marcus Lindblom smashed into the back of me and we both went flying into the barrier. Lost my wing, race over. I was fuming. I pitted for hard tyres and just thought I'd take them as far as they would go. A couple laps later @Dale Stones came out of the pits a couple seconds ahead. I caught him and we battled for the next God knows how many laps. In hindsight, if I had just decided to sit behind him, we'd have caught @Defiant195 quicker but our battling didn't seem to be slowing us down by much. We did eventually catch him and @Dale Stones passed him on the run down to T4. I was too eager to get a move on as I didn't want Dale to run off. I stupidly stuck it up the inside at the exit of T4 and clipped Defiant and ended up breaking my wing and getting a puncture. I lost the will to continue and retired.

Dale Stones

Formula 3 1st Driver
May 10, 2015
Qualy: 14th
Race: 10th

Qualifying - Not happy with qualifying. No way did I do a 1.17 in one shot mode. I was pushing as hard as I could. Felt it was a high 12 at worst. No idea why the game gave me that time.

Race: Make a cracking start, taking advantage of a few incidents around me to move into 7th by lap 2. Now behind the ferrari of @Wimstradamus, with @Joost & @blake300892 close in front. On lap 4 down at turn 4, everything goes wrong for me. All us four drivers close in together, with @Wimstradamus running wide. I struggle under braking, drifting too wide and clip his Ferrari, which in turn causes me to spin off into the wall. 100% my fault. Got my braking completely wrong.

So now I limp back to the pits with a broken front wing. Go out on the hard tyres with the hope of a safety car to get me back into it. The one upside of crashing was that I was now racing @DON SILVA. A brilliant battle unfolded which lasted lap after lap. It seemed we could never break each others slipstream. Don made some great moves and defended really well. My personal highlight was overtaking just as the VSC ended. Timed it perfectly for the first time!

On lap 19 we had managed to catch up to @Defiant195. I made my move around the outside of turn 3. On the entrance to turn 5, Defiant and Don collided. I have footage of the incident if needed. It was a shame it ended that the way unfortunately. Was set up to be a race long scrap for the final point. I get past Sennaboy to move into the final points paying position.

Lap 22 and time to pit for Mediums, which will take me to the end. I come out in 14th but soon catch up to the battle in front. Manage to get past @YabbaTheHutt with a nice little move around the outside. @Kris Banucha pits allowing me a free run at @syluntbob68. Get past him down into turn 1 on Lap 26. Sennaboy pits on lap 28 giving me 10th again. Try and close down @mpc-v1 but he is just too far ahead. In the end I get lapped and finish 10th.

Frustrated as I felt I could have done a lot better. But at the same time, not a bad recovery from 17th. Congrats to the winner @GuytheGuy17! Also congrats to the other podium finishes. Bring on the last race of the season.

Race Video:

dFlashAshb

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 3, 2016
To be honest my strategy plan was aborted on the race start screen. My plan was Softs / Hards, then i saw that medium was the mandatory tyre. I was hoping to do Soft medium soft and then figured i could make some time back under the VSC and easily get the hard's to the finish. I couldn't believe it when you came out the pits and were 9 seconds down the road i expected to be wheel to wheel with you again...

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
To be honest my strategy plan was aborted on the race start screen. My plan was Softs / Hards, then i saw that medium was the mandatory tyre. I was hoping to do Soft medium soft and then figured i could make some time back under the VSC and easily get the hard's to the finish. I couldn't believe it when you came out the pits and were 9 seconds down the road i expected to be wheel to wheel with you again...
I never used the medium Ash you could have done that strategy. Despite my troubles I was keeping an eye on you 2 up front, I wasn't surprised in a way simply because I've seen how fast Guy can be, he has the potential to be knocking on the door of the F1 tier next season if he really goes for it. (I am basing it on what he said earlier in this thread though)