PS4 - Round 20 - Brazilian Grand Prix [17/03/19 8:00 PM U.K.] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 20 - Brazilian Grand Prix [17/03/19 8:00 PM U.K.]

ELIT3_gam3boy

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 24, 2016
Round 20 - Brazilian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 17th March 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autódromo José Carlos Pace
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

FTR_Drez

S17 AOR PS4 F3 Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Probably today I will not be able to race but i am not sure yet.
I will let you know later today.

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Thought I had done my race report haha.

Qualifying - P11
A wet qualifying for once! Set a few laps on the wet tyre which was enough to put me in the top 10, before going for a final two laps at the end on Inters. Unfortunately, I exceeded track limits on the exit of T5 and invalidated my final lap. I finished the lap still to find it would have been good enough for 9th or 10th, which would have resulted in my first top 10 qualifying finish of the season... Ah well. In the end, I qualified just off it in P11.

Race - P11
Rain was expected for the end, so the plan was to start on the Mediums until it arrives. Then I thought I may have made the wrong choice as on the formation lap, I was told rain would be arriving in 10 minutes... Didn't have a great start as I lost two positions on the first lap. I soon overtook my teammate who was falling back through the field, while I ended up having @F1_Dan to battle, who I managed to hold off until Lap 7 when he finally got past. Not much else happened for the rest of the stint, but I did struggle at the end of it when it started raining but wasn't time to change tyres yet, which allowed @ELIT3_gam3boy to catch up. I pitted Lap 18 and made a complete mess of it, almost losing control of the car as I cross the line 13mph over the limit, awarding me with a stop-go penalty haha.

I exited in P13, quickly becoming P10 as more pitted on the next lap. Heavy rain arrived but after what happened in Mexico... I was firmly determined to finish the race on Inters, unless literally everyone else came in haha. @JammyJames had an incident going up the hill which saw him pit, before I went too deep at T1 which gave @louisw03 the perfect opportunity to pass me at T4. (Who may I add, had an amazing run in the rain! Nice job man!)
After that, it was just about getting to the end where I took the line in P9! Before my stop-go penalty ruined it and dropped me to P11...