XB1 - Round 3 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix [29/04/18 8.00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 3 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix [29/04/18 8.00pm]

Cathal

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 23, 2014
Best lap on the pad is a 1.40.9xx, on the wheel I'm about 7-8 tenths off so not sure what to use tonight

TyTEI

Pro Karter
Nov 5, 2016
Another win! I qualified 1st. The start was a mess, everyone was getting hit. After the turn one crashes, I might have pushed someone off on accident. (Sorry to whoever it was) after that I broke my front wing twice. The rain was a mixed blessing as I am very good at driving on intermediates. After everyone pitted for full wets, I inherited the lead and stayed there. (Sorry @Cinnamon Rage I don't have any video for you. Nothing exciting happened.)

Cathal

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 23, 2014
Qualifying - First time this season I actually managed to get a lap in and qualified 5th so was quite happy with that.

Race - Started well and got into 3rd, where me, @TyTEI and @Atul987 started to pull a gap on the field, felt good and was sure of a podium, then spun and had to pit, came out, still confident I'd be able to climb back up the field, then @Bayfield22 tried to allow me through with good intentions. Had to pit again on lap 5, came out 15th and felt I'd score no points, kept at it and enjoyed a race long battle with @EditedFaun3698 before he lost the car. A boring race then to the end and finished P7, really disappointed as I felt I could've easily had a podium, fair play to @TyTEI for a second win of the season and a good, consistent drive from @Cinnamon Rage

Chris Leather

F1 Coordinator & 1-time XB1 Assist 2 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 23, 2017
What a dreadful race from me. Loss of front wing on lap 1 and it just went downhill. But am happy that i actually finished P14!

EditedFaun3698

S16 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
Premium Member
Sep 26, 2017
Qualifying

Qualified 8th, probably best I could achieve around here

Race

Had a decent start, came out of turn 1 in 9th, then got taken out on lap 2, turn 3 by my old friend @atomik_
Think @Cinnamon Rage has footage again @atomik_ as I think he took out @Cinnamon Rage also?

Only had 2 races and have been taken out in each race by the same person???? Not sure if this is a coincidence now or not but @atomik_ is not abiding by the code of AOR, which is “Good, clean racing”
I will again go to stewards and see how many strikes @atomik_ has before he is removed from AOR, as I was no where near him when he took me out, this is disgraceful!

RT93 Klaus

Pro Karter
Mar 26, 2018
Historic week end!

And yet everything has started very badly. I magnify myself completely in qualifying once again. I'm leaving in 13th position

Massacre in the first round: We dreaded a little all this first round and we were not mistaken. I hope that people who did anything like Atomik will be heavily sanctioned. I do not participate in the AOR to ride with people who have the mentality of casuals multiplayer players

I find myself very quickly 6th behind my teammate Axou. Being in trouble, I decided to go in front of him to get a big point. Thanks to an offbeat strategy, I am the only driver who has not had a tire change before the rain

rain coming I find myself in difficulty in the 2nd position and breaks my flapper. Luckily this is the moment where Jeff offers me a rain tire. To my surprise, nobody stops. I find myself 4th while I had a lot of advance.

Atul makes a strategic mistake that allows me to climb on my first podium for my first season at the aor.

Last edited:

Germo

XB1 F1 Assist League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 12, 2015
Another win! I qualified 1st. The start was a mess, everyone was getting hit. After the turn one crashes, I might have pushed someone off on accident. (Sorry to whoever it was) after that I broke my front wing twice. The rain was a mixed blessing as I am very good at driving on intermediates. After everyone pitted for full wets, I inherited the lead and stayed there. (Sorry @Cinnamon Rage I don't have any video for you. Nothing exciting happened.)
Well played mate you absolutely dominated that race and Quali :)

Reactions: TyTEI

Germo

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 12, 2015
Quali was a bit disappointing only got 8th, thought I'd get at least top 5 but oh well.

The race was eventful anyway, got a shocking start and dropped down to 11th but managed to climb back up into 6th halfway through the 1st lap. To then be took out by @Bayfield22 and had to pit for a new front wing. I wasn't the only one to be took out by him either @Proulx2001. Near the end when the rain hit my pace dropped massively but managed to keep up with @RT93 Klaus before hitting him and losing parts of my front wing, not his fault. Then managing to drop down 2 placed to 6th as I couldn't keep up the pace with a damaged front wing. positive though, my highest finishing position, Bahrain next, one of my better tracks so should be a good one for me.
Here's my view of the race if anyone interested:

SolidOOFT

Pro Karter
May 1, 2017
Quali: 0 practice = 0 pace, so qualified in a very average 9th. Set up my car to be fast in the race though so not all hope was lost.

Race: I was all in my mirrors for the first two laps, and managed to progress up to the top 5 and onto the back of the two RT93 boys. Once I got into a rhythm I managed to overtake both (cleanly - go me) and was pulling out a gap to them whilst holding down third place. However I was harsh on my rears when I started pushing and my car slid into the first corner on lap 9, sent me spinning round lost all the progress i had made. I dropped back into 5th and pitted the next lap. My pace was strong again on the soft tyres, but I made the rookie error of leaving my phone within my field of vision. I saw a notification flash up just as I entered the castle section. This took my attention off my turn in just for a split second, and I turned too early and lost my whole front wing. I knew this was going to put me a good 40secs - a minute behind the battle i was in so I chose to retire, mainly out of self-rage.

Atul987

Formula Karter
Nov 20, 2017
Quali - Corner cut my first lap just before the castle so only had one shot. Was on a great lap, then managed to lose it during the kink on the main straight, probably costing me around a second, but started 4th so fairly happy.

Race - Took the first corner fairly easy, and managed to come out of it in first. @TyTEI was closing in on me, and I just let him past as he was lagging and I didn't want to have any contact with him. Jeff told me rain was coming, so thought there's no need to pit so stayed out on my SS until I pitted for inters. Then stupidly pitted for wets with like 5/6 laps to go even though I still came out in first. Then binned it on my out lap and had to pit... :( :mad:

Came out of the pits in 5th, and managed to get 4th on the second to last lap.
Stupid mistakes keep costing me good points.

Wont be racing next week so good luck to you all :)

Cathal

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 23, 2014
Quali: 0 practice = 0 pace, so qualified in a very average 9th. Set up my car to be fast in the race though so not all hope was lost.

Race: I was all in my mirrors for the first two laps, and managed to progress up to the top 5 and onto the back of the two RT93 boys. Once I got into a rhythm I managed to overtake both (cleanly - go me) and was pulling out a gap to them whilst holding down third place. However I was harsh on my rears when I started pushing and my car slid into the first corner on lap 9, sent me spinning round lost all the progress i had made. I dropped back into 5th and pitted the next lap. My pace was strong again on the soft tyres, but I made the rookie error of leaving my phone within my field of vision. I saw a notification flash up just as I entered the castle section. This took my attention off my turn in just for a split second, and I turned too early and lost my whole front wing. I knew this was going to put me a good 40secs - a minute behind the battle i was in so I chose to retire, mainly out of self-rage.
What lap did you retire on?

TyTEI

Pro Karter
Nov 5, 2016
Quali - Corner cut my first lap just before the castle so only had one shot. Was on a great lap, then managed to lose it during the kink on the main straight, probably costing me around a second, but started 4th so fairly happy.

Race - Took the first corner fairly easy, and managed to come out of it in first. @TyTEI was closing in on me, and I just let him past as he was lagging and I didn't want to have any contact with him. Jeff told me rain was coming, so thought there's no need to pit so stayed out on my SS until I pitted for inters. Then stupidly pitted for wets with like 5/6 laps to go even though I still came out in first. Then binned it on my out lap and had to pit... :(:mad:

Came out of the pits in 5th, and managed to get 4th on the second to last lap.
Stupid mistakes keep costing me good points.

Wont be racing next week so good luck to you all :)
Sorry about my lag. There is nothing else I can do to improve my connection. My family stays offline during my races and all other wi-fi devices are turned off. I can't get a better Internet plan either.

Cinnamon Rage

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Mar 26, 2018
Not got a massive chance to write a race review or upload my charts but here is a short video from the race at Baku (only 10ish minutes long).

K04

Formula 3 Test Driver
Aug 23, 2017
Miles of in quali

Start of the race, very cautious into turn 1, still end up with wing damage as @RT93 Klaus nudged me into the path of the spinning @Cinnamon Rage :/

After that just plodded along and managed to get a couple more points...

Bonus that me and @Joshua Germany didn't make any contact, the gap between us kept getting bigger and smaller but ultimately I didn't have the pace to catch and pass

Also, Tytei's car was lagging, had to take avoiding action a few times even though I was miles behind him, luckily no damage but not great regardless.

Cinnamon Rage

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Mar 26, 2018
Sorry @K04. Genuinely don’t know how I lost it - if I was tapped or just put the power down too soon (I do think it’s the too much power one). Didn’t know it was you that lost out from this. Really sorry you got damage!

Germo

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 12, 2015
Miles of in quali

Start of the race, very cautious into turn 1, still end up with wing damage as @RT93 Klaus nudged me into the path of the spinning @Cinnamon Rage :/

After that just plodded along and managed to get a couple more points...

Bonus that me and @Joshua Germany didn't make any contact, the gap between us kept getting bigger and smaller but ultimately I didn't have the pace to catch and pass

Also, Tytei's car was lagging, had to take avoiding action a few times even though I was miles behind him, luckily no damage but not great regardless.
I cant believe it! As soon as I came out of the pits after my first stop and saw that you were behind me I thought it was going to be a repeat of the first 2 races haha

Reactions: K04