PC - Round 3 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix [29/04/2018 08:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 3 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix [29/04/2018 08:00PM]

DackeBerg

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 27, 2017
Could've battled for 1st tbh, finished 30 seconds behind @Kreosteijn with 1 stop more...
Learn to brake @Dazzy Oz @DackeBerg , how can you take the first corner if you take the tighest line?
Well all do make mistakes. I do know how to break pretty well. Wasn't like I did it on purpose. If we gonna act like that I can tell that to the people who end up in the wall on Quali

Kiinako

S14 AOR PC F7 Champion
Sep 20, 2017
That feel when you think that you will be finally able to score some points, only to get absolutely BLACKED by somehow causing anti-stall again, and then topping it off with two spins, and a third one for good measure, and the special prize for that achievement was a broken wing.

At least the next track's gonna be alri- oh wait it's Bahrain LMAO

Borderline

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
Fairly clean race on my side. Qualy was much better as expected. In China I finished almost at the back. This time I was Only thing is that I got bumped in turn 1, but that didn't cost me anything. Just after turn 1 @Portex bumped into the side of me. Have been talking with @RichyB, looks like he has some oversteer. From my POV it looked like he tried to avoid @Klauuiii and didn't see me while I was already close to him. Not really something I would want to send to the stewards, but please be more careful next time @Portex ...

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
Pre-race
Unlike a lot of people, I actually like driving around Baku. I like the challenge and I usually have decent pace around here. I was however quite scared after watching the real life Grand Prix, because chaos like that sometimes gives people wrong ideas.

Qualifying (P6)
Very happy with my performance. Set a banker lap at the start of the session which was pretty decent. My second lap towards the end of the session I improved pretty much every single corner, with the exception of the castle section, because I blitzed through that on my first lap and was being a little bit careful through there to not ruin my second lap.

Race (P9, SS -> S -> SS)
This race was pretty much over from the start for me. Going into turn 1 I braked exactly how I wanted to, but I was Verstappen'd in the gearbox by someone behind me. This also sent @Borderline flying, losing him some positions and myself some front-wing. I drove some laps to gauge the situation, since last season I drove to P2 with front-wing damage in both stints. It didn't take me long to make a mistake however, since at the second to last corner in lap 4. I pinged the wall and off went the rest of the right side of my front-wing. Now I HAD to pit. I decided to try and pit onto Softs, later pitting onto Supersofts. I bloody hate Mediums around here, but I know I can still push on Softs. In hindsight, I could've made it to the end on Mediums probably, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Drove a pretty clean stint on the Softs, not really meeting anyone except a wild @Kiinako who was having a mare. I noticed I should've pitted onto Mediums, said "****" a couple of times and pitted back to Supersofts. I was trying for a hot-lap, which I always do when I get a new set of the softest tire, just to compare my pace. I pushed a little bit too hard into the castle section though, and damaged my front-wing once again. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

After this it was just bringing the car home. I was gaining slightly on @Kiinako, as I could guess that he had front-wing damage after spinning out a few times. This really frustrated me, because I would've probably been past him quite quickly if I didn't mess up myself. After that it was driving to the finish, although not quite. I went WAAYY too wide in the last corner and completely destroyed my front wing, and honestly I was scared that the following punt into the wall would end my race a few hundred meters from the finish. Luckily I didn't die and managed to cross the finish line (somewhat) safely.

In the end I did make too many mistakes for a street circuit, but honestly it all conspired from being punted in lap 1. I know mistakes can happen, but my race was well and truly destroyed. In the end it was still 2 points, but around Baku it could've been soo much more for me :/ Hope that I can do well in Bahrain again. It's a meh track for me, but this will be the first time we get to see who can still uphold their times from the time-trial sign-up event. Spoiler alert, it won't be me.

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
Also a quick side-note. It looked like it was @Flaf who hit the "Start Race" button on the grid. There is kind of an agreement to not press that button until the coordinator says we can, because some people (like me) like to take some time to think about and set their strategy. Please be aware about this from now on :)

Kreosteijn

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 10, 2017
Even though I was quick in time trial, I didn't actually think I would be able to win this race. I did three 50% practice races, and in each one I had front wing damage by lap 5. Miraculously, this race I managed to keep my car out of the wall until lap 19, when I got really lucky as a serious hit in turn 8 only gave me minimum wing damage. After this I was able to maintain the gap to @Klauuiii in P2 at about 5 seconds, to get my second win this season :D

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Q:18th
R: 5th

Bad Qually, Was purple sector 1, but binned it into the tight chicane, first time i've ever done that! fuming, I was putting in 1:40.9xx's in practice qually's which woudl have been good enough for pole but never mind!

Race was a nightmare to start with, cant really expect anything else from baku, I had wing damage from Lap 1, Yellow front right, by unexpected early braking behind @T-Havok was costing me around 3 tenths to the leader but it would have cost me to much time to change it at the pit stop so stuck with it, had a really good race tbh, had cat and mouse chase with the reserve driver @Portex, had a few attacks on him, he defended very well, then i accident tapped the curb in the braking zone for T1 which locked my fronts and i missed the turn, i lost 3 seconds to him and was chasing him again for the remaining 6-7 laps. happy with the result overall concidering i started at the back of the grid!

POV:

Portex

S15 AOR PC F5 Champion
Apr 16, 2018
First of all i have to say i massive sorry to @Borderline .
Did't had in my mind that i had hit you this hard.
Sorry for this.

In qualy I only got one good run at the end which put me into P5. Was very happy with that.

My race started with the incident with @Borderline and after that i got my car into the wall at the second corner which caused an yellow front-right wing for me.

Suprisingly for me I still had some good pace, although I decided to change my front wing at my pitstop.

After pitstop i had some good fights with @Jipper which were very nice.

At the end i got home in 4th place which I'm really happy with.

Again sorry to you @Borderline.

Borderline

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
First of all i have to say i massive sorry to @Borderline .
Did't had in my mind that i had hit you this hard.
Sorry for this.

In qualy I only got one good run at the end which put me into P5. Was very happy with that.

My race started with the incident with @Borderline and after that i got my car into the wall at the second corner which caused an yellow front-right wing for me.

Suprisingly for me I still had some good pace, although I decided to change my front wing at my pitstop.

After pitstop i had some good fights with @Jipper which were very nice.

At the end i got home in 4th place which I'm really happy with.

Again sorry to you @Borderline.
It's all good. Didn't thought you would do that on purpose after I saw the footage of @RichyB. Just please be more careful next time when you have oversteer. Best thing is to take it easy on the throttle when you notice oversteer and not keep it at the max. You are still able to save your car with max throttle, but you saw what is a possible extra result if you do... Consider this a warning ;)

RichyB

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 2 Champion
Oct 16, 2017
Left this a bit late but I was enjoying my new wheel way to much;)

I spectated this race and there were a lot of intense battles, especially at the start.
Unfortunately, after some people left, there was no slipstream anymore and overtaking became a bit harder, so there was also less batteling.
I edited the highlights into a video.