PC - Round 3 - Bahrain Grand Prix [15/10/17 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 3 - Bahrain Grand Prix [15/10/17 8:00pm]

Douwe_C

Pro Karter
Aug 10, 2017
Did you mean its not working or is? Cause it is in my end. Sorry mate
It is saying that video is not available. So maybe you got it on private?

Edit: I have found your channel. Looks like it is working from there.

Last edited:

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
You were 100% correct buddy. It's public now if you want to watch it. And I agree with what you guys are all saying it is much better to talk it out here then you start some angry rivalries. And @AspergerNerd you did pretty good for your first race as when I came up to lap you you stayed right out of my way.

Douwe_C

Pro Karter
Aug 10, 2017
You were 100% correct buddy. It's public now if you want to watch it. And I agree with what you guys are all saying it is much better to talk it out here then you start some angry rivalries. And @AspergerNerd you did pretty good for your first race as when I came up to lap you you stayed right out of my way.
I see what you mean. And I think this turn one incident is certainly worth having a driver briefing meeting about. I believe a couple other drivers where hampered by this incident too, as far as I can tell from your onboard. If you would like to see the incident from the onboard of @gameguy nl (Kasi in the last race), he posted his pov from the race as well on youtube. It seems like he is the one you called "Jason" in your post.

Link -> (Watch from 23:00 min to see the start.)

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
I see what you mean. And I think this turn one incident is certainly worth having a driver briefing meeting about. I believe a couple other drivers where hampered by this incident too, as far as I can tell from your onboard. If you would like to see the incident from the onboard of @gameguy nl (Kasi in the last race), he posted his pov from the race as well on youtube. It seems like he is the one you called "Jason" in your post.

that was stupid autocorrect I apologize
[DOUBLEPOST=1508152583][/DOUBLEPOST]@gameguy nl, I completely apologize for the incident on the last lap in the last turn that was completely my fault trying to outbreak you

boxen

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 29, 2017
Oh that was kasi who ran into me, I felt a slight bump in the first corner.... ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Douwe_C

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017

From his onboard view it looks like he didn't even see me in his mirrors. And from the impact I took it looks like it barely affected him so I guess we'll chalk that up to a racing incident

Jess

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jun 4, 2017
Maybe it would be best too to have our own discord server, so we can talk about stuff outside of aor days. Obviously use aor voice chat on Sunday evenings. I can set one up, unless @Jozzers knows how?

boxen

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 29, 2017
Maybe it would be best too to have our own discord server, so we can talk about stuff outside of aor days. Obviously use aor voice chat on Sunday evenings. I can set one up, unless @Jozzers knows how?
I won't be here for next race (nor any other future ones in this league), but this sounds like a great idea in my opinion.

Reactions: Jess

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
I have decent footage of the first/second corner mayhem, I tried to stay as far away from everyone in the first corner as I could and ended up in the back, and saw most of the big crash right in front of me. I'm at work at the moment but will try to upload it once I'm home this evening, it was pretty entertaining to watch despite it ending some folks' races.

Other than for one person who had done an AOR league before, we're all new to this league and to competitive racing in general. I think we'd all do well to just decide collectively that the first lap should be the most cautious and clean in the whole race so that everyone gets a chance to at least get into the later stages of the race. I know the desire to gain a couple positions on those first couple corners is high, but when it ruins someone's race or forces them to pit on the first lap then that is not desirable for the field.

I am still available to race this upcoming weekend, perhaps we could do an Assists League 2 social race for those who are interested so we can all practice in a similar scenario that doesnt have points tied to it? Just a thought.

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
I have decent footage of the first/second corner mayhem, I tried to stay as far away from everyone in the first corner as I could and ended up in the back, and saw most of the big crash right in front of me. I'm at work at the moment but will try to upload it once I'm home this evening, it was pretty entertaining to watch despite it ending some folks' races.

Other than for one person who had done an AOR league before, we're all new to this league and to competitive racing in general. I think we'd all do well to just decide collectively that the first lap should be the most cautious and clean in the whole race so that everyone gets a chance to at least get into the later stages of the race. I know the desire to gain a couple positions on those first couple corners is high, but when it ruins someone's race or forces them to pit on the first lap then that is not desirable for the field.

I am still available to race this upcoming weekend, perhaps we could do an Assists League 2 social race for those who are interested so we can all practice in a similar scenario that doesnt have points tied to it? Just a thought.
I couldn't agree more! It is really hard going from racing AI to a real Person that is unpredictable.

EditedStorm27

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 26, 2016

Yeah I agree that it is best to be cautious on lap 1 especially in f1 2017, I always take it slow of the line always expecting a collision as since I have joined in season 13 I can't remember a race where I have not gained on the opening lap due to slowing down and trying to avoid sideways cars even so on Sunday @Jonnard had an amazing start as we all tried to avoid @Biolite80 who was spun across the track.

The backmarkers were generally brilliant and I was lucky that I had no incidents with them unlike in race 1 where I felt some were purposely trying to take you out. However, unfortunately for @Jozzers and @Douwe_C they had one or two coming togethers with backmarkers which lost them time and allowed me 2nd even so they were much faster than me, so please if you see blue flags look behind you and judge if it is sensible to Carr on or pull over

Finally, @Jozzers whendo you think the updated standings will be up just so I can see where everyone is is the standings

Reactions: Douwe_C

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
Yeah I agree that it is best to be cautious on lap 1 especially in f1 2017, I always take it slow of the line always expecting a collision as since I have joined in season 13 I can't remember a race where I have not gained on the opening lap due to slowing down and trying to avoid sideways cars even so on Sunday @Jonnard had an amazing start as we all tried to avoid @Biolite80 who was spun across the track.

The backmarkers were generally brilliant and I was lucky that I had no incidents with them unlike in race 1 where I felt some were purposely trying to take you out. However, unfortunately for @Jozzers and @Douwe_C they had one or two coming togethers with backmarkers which lost them time and allowed me 2nd even so they were much faster than me, so please if you see blue flags look behind you and judge if it is sensible to Carr on or pull over

Finally, @Jozzers whendo you think the updated standings will be up just so I can see where everyone is is the standings
Again sorry for that.

Jozzers

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 22, 2014
Hi Guys and Girls, sorry, had a hectic week or two in real life, always a distraction from the virtual world :)

I'll get us all up to date soon and try to comment on a couple of the incidents we had last week. - enjoy the break all.