Jun 4, 2015
Round 3 - Bahrain Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 15th October 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Bahrain International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @IS Testarossa 58
- @lewis zelch
- @ChrisMaccaJones08

Last edited:

Hayden_430

One Massive Faff
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 15, 2017
can confirm i wont be drinking the night before!!

Also i've fixed my tech issue but means i now have a small screen to play on! :(

II OASIS I

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Quali - Awful, again. Half a second off where I wanted to be. Started 8th meh.

Race - Had another immense start just like last week. A gap opened up in front of me meaning I could brake late and found myself in third. I had dropped down to 5th before there was a crash in front of me promoting me to 3rd again. Coming round the last corner I saw one of the front 2 had spun, I was distracted by this and went into the pit lane too quickly and got a stop go penalty. Was again in third before pitting for the 2nd time, annoyingly my stop go dropped me 2 places. Got past @AOR Benjamin but had to wait until the last lap to attack the Ferrari. Was planning to make my move at the final corner but there was a slight bit of lag coming through the quick chicane dropping me back out of overtaking range meaning I finished 4th.

Shame about the stop go as I had guaranteed 3rd without it. Not sure I will make next week but will confirm later in the week. Well done to the winner, shame we only had like 12 people show up.

Reactions: AOR Benjamin

Hayden_430

One Massive Faff
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 15, 2017
Quali - Awful, again. Half a second off where I wanted to be. Started 8th meh.

Race - Had another immense start just like last week. A gap opened up in front of me meaning I could brake late and found myself in third. I had dropped down to 5th before there was a crash in front of me promoting me to 3rd again. Coming round the last corner I saw one of the front 2 had spun, I was distracted by this and went into the pit lane too quickly and got a stop go penalty. Was again in third before pitting for the 2nd time, annoyingly my stop go dropped me 2 places. Got past @AOR Benjamin but had to wait until the last lap to attack the Ferrari. Was planning to make my move at the final corner but there was a slight bit of lag coming through the quick chicane dropping me back out of overtaking range meaning I finished 4th.

Shame about the stop go as I had guaranteed 3rd without it. Not sure I will make next week but will confirm later in the week. Well done to the winner, shame we only had like 12 people show up.
next race is 3 weeks away after the usa and mexico gp's

Rdasher15

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 23, 2016
Well that was pretty strange honestly.

Got the default setup glitch in quali so I could only manage a 1:29.5. Probably could’ve got 6th if that hadn’t happened but I instead started 9th.

Got a decent start but was pinned to the outside in 1 and couldn’t make up places because a Haas had a slow spin in front of me. Of course it also didn’t help that I had on off on lap 3 and then got spun by Streakgamer. Then had a screen freeze a little later and slipped on the curb going out of turn 8 which made me slide through 9 and gave me 10 seconds worth of penalties somehow. But I guess I can’t complain as I never got any front wing damage and connection was good for the most part. Glad the break is here though!

Kjgamer3

S15 AOR XB1 F2 Champion
Aug 19, 2017
Quali - Set a surprisingly good first lap of a 28.9 before i got disconnected twice so was unable to set another lap. I definitely felt that i had at least another couple tenths so thats a shame that a chance for my first pole got robbed from me. Ended up starting 5th.

Race - Decent start, didnt make any ground until matherrx divebombed everyone in turned 1 which lost me a lot of time and i dropped back to eighth. I had some really good pace though and fought my way back up to fourth which was fun before i had a laggy crash with blackstahill which was annoying but no one was to blame so nothing can be done about that. I tried to 1 stop again as it worked so well in China but i was just too slow at the end so even though i was back up to 3rd when everyone made their second stops and just dropped back and finished 6th on track but finished seventh cos i had a 3 sec penalty. It was fun defending though in those last 6 or so laps, had some good battles especially with AOR Shemile. Congrats to Antusdani for the win, he got the strategy bang on and was unstoppable in terms of pace. Im hoping to bounce back in Russia, even though the track is a bit crap, but that isnt for a couple weeks. Enjoy the USA and Mexico GPs everyone and cya in Russia!

• Friendly
Reactions: Antusdani21

Antusdani21

Pro Karter
May 16, 2017
Q: I got too default setup glitch in quali after my first tyre compound.

R: I really understand here how can I save my tyres life to long and I like this track. Nothing happend so this was a boring race to me, but here are very fast drivers and lot of track is coming just now, good luck to you guys for the next races.

Hayden_430

One Massive Faff
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 15, 2017
Well... I've got 3 weeks to decide whether I want to continue League Racing this season... I've just lost the desire to league race you know...
Well no one is forcing you to race... however i think it was more just the way it was said yesterday "Oh i cant be bothered to race" Not gonna lie, pissed a few people off and to only have 12 people racing at round 3 is a joke!

Reactions: Antusdani21

Hayden_430

One Massive Faff
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 15, 2017
Quali: p11
Tactically finished p11 so i had free choice of tyre after i knew @AOR Benjamin didn't set a time

Race: P9
Took it nice and easy into T1 only to get caught in a spin with @King Chip x where i had a lap with no wing and was 40 seconds off 11th..... still did the effective 1 stop which helped me to beat @Rdasher15 after chip and @Blackstahill had an incident together and they both retired...

After t1 i didnt see a single car all race.... just drove on my own and was so bored! i dont want to drive round bahrain for a very long time!!

only positive i can take is that i'm off the mark in the points but that wouldn't of happened if we had a full grid....