PC - Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix [07/05/2017 - 8:00pm UK time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix [07/05/2017 - 8:00pm UK time]

Should the safety car be enabled?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 13

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 7th May 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Shanghai International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ctzn Ely

Punisher

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 17, 2014
Did the safety car bug out the last race? Just wondering as I had internet issues and have seen the new poll, Eitherway I have voted no as I know how bad it is on this game.

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Did the safety car bug out the last race? Just wondering as I had internet issues and have seen the new poll, Eitherway I have voted no as I know how bad it is on this game.
It came twice out, the second one was for no reason. Was pretty annoying as it ruined my race :p

Ctzn Ely

S13 AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
You can see the issues we had with the Safety Car on people's footage. @Quincy has uploaded his whole race so you should check his video out. SCs came out towards Laps 11 and 19 if I'm not mistaking

Btw I'll upload my footage later in the week, editing is done

aeN

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 23, 2016
Yea last time the SC definitely ruined a lot of people's races, came out a 2nd time for no reason at all and the game started glitching for some giving out random penalties/drive through.

KurvZ

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 16, 2014
Yeah safety car sux in this version :p my race if anyone has any interest

Punisher

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 17, 2014
Hopefully with this vote people actually see sence and vote no to the safety car like they should have done at the start if they listened. Looks like it's a no so far which is good and hopefully 2017 will have a useable safety car as the last 2 games we haven't used the safety car. 2015 didn't have it in the game and 2016 is unusable.

• Agree
Reactions: Ctzn Ely and KurvZ

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
What is up with my luck this season, I've had double the amount retirements than I had in seasons 11 and 12 combined. Anyway, here's my POV of my race (all 1 sector of it):

amdavies

Formula Karter
Aug 8, 2016
What is up with my luck this season, I've had double the amount retirements than I had in seasons 11 and 12 combined. Anyway, here's my POV of my race (all 1 sector of it):

This video clearly shows the issue I had with my race.

My lights (and apparently Punisher's) went out about a second before everyone else, ended up hitting Jury pretty hard from behind and breaking my front wing. Put me back a lot of positions and cost me seconds a lap. You would've thought an F1 game could work out how to make everyone have the same start time. At least I managed to score some points

Ctzn Ely

S13 AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
Argh, that was a sh*t race for me... :banghead: Got only 9th on the grid after making a couple of mistakes in my final quali lap but at least I got into the top 10 which is still a decent result. I managed to gain a few places on Lap 1 and eventually quickly got up to 4th behind the Ferrari of @Punisher. After a few laps battling with him, I managed to get past him and take 3rd behind @StefanWylde who already started to increase the gap from me.

On Lap 8, I finally decided to stay out for one more lap because the tyres felt OK after 8 laps in the race, but I spun out of the final corner and damaged them - especially the front left one - and I lost a place to @Punisher who retook 3rd due to my mistake. But I didn't plan to have such a high dregedation level on the front left and I got a puncture at the end of Sector 2 on Lap 9, which means that I had to do 1/3 of the track with a dead front left tyre. Of course, this event cost me a lot of places and time to @JurYEdits who led the race at this stage and who was on course for his first win of the season.

I rejoined the track in 14th with nothing to lose so I had to push hard 'til the end of the race to eventually get close to a points-finish position at the end of the race. I managed to gain some time to the cars ahead during my second stint without damaging my medium tyres too much, and I managed to overtake @Clint58 after my second stop, then @Dazzy Oz, and finally @aeN who had a moment in the long back-straight.

At the end of the day, it's P9 and two points in the bag. Obviously not happy with the outcome of the race, but I still managed to finish in the points and do a decent recovery after my silly mistake.

Gratz to @StefanWylde for his first win of the season and see ya in Barcelona! (y)

Reactions: StefanWylde

Punisher

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 17, 2014
This video clearly shows the issue I had with my race.

My lights (and apparently Punisher's) went out about a second before everyone else, ended up hitting Jury pretty hard from behind and breaking my front wing. Put me back a lot of positions and cost me seconds a lap. You would've thought an F1 game could work out how to make everyone have the same start time. At least I managed to score some points
Yeah, I noticed that we both started quicker. I also think my race time was slightly different as it looked like the gaps where different to what the timing was saying to the car behind and ahead, but only by around a second. Overall it slowed me down as I had to back out of it and turn to avoid @StefanWylde but it's weird that we are having this happen this season as last season it wasn't happening. Could it be because we are using championship mode as last season we didn't use that and it wasn't really happening besides socials.

StefanWylde

GP2 1st Driver
Jul 13, 2015
Yeah, I noticed that we both started quicker. I also think my race time was slightly different as it looked like the gaps where different to what the timing was saying to the car behind and ahead, but only by around a second. Overall it slowed me down as I had to back out of it and turn to avoid @StefanWylde but it's weird that we are having this happen this season as last season it wasn't happening. Could it be because we are using championship mode as last season we didn't use that and it wasn't really happening besides socials.
THat's totally the reason, but if we go back to the other mode, the starts will be choppy with 30 frames per second for every1 no matter how fast the PC, and also if you disconnect there's no way back.

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
THat's totally the reason, but if we go back to the other mode, the starts will be choppy with 30 frames per second for every1 no matter how fast the PC, and also if you disconnect there's no way back.
Isn't the frames because people use the career helmet? We can try the old system in the next race.

StefanWylde

GP2 1st Driver
Jul 13, 2015
By the way, the race felt very satisfying. Lost pole by 0.033 because of a mistake, and I was very optimistic for the race.

Lost a piece of my front wing in T1 at the start but kept my head straight and pushed as hard as I could. Pitted early in lap 8 as opposed to @JurYEdits on lap 10 as an attempt to undercut him but traffic slowed me down and the change of front wing also took a couple of seconds. Then, in lap 17 I decided to pit again to try another undercut, this time stuck behind @Footyad24, but somehow managed to get ahead of JurY. I was on the mediums and JurY went to supersofts which made him super quick and he went pass me easily. After few laps JurY's supersofts began to lose grip and he went into the grass gifting me the first place. After that his tires were gone and he couldn't match my pace while I cruised to victory. I'm going to post a highlights video later.

Punisher

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 17, 2014
Isn't the frames because people use the career helmet? We can try the old system in the next race.
I thought that also but I could be wrong maybe worth a try. I think that if people disconnecting and rejoining cause issues for the start of the race that maybe we shouldn't have them rejoin. It sucks that they have disconnected but it's not exactly fair for them joining back to cause issues for other racers. Congrats @StefanWylde on your win!

Reactions: StefanWylde

Meireloso

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Q: P11. Not a bad pace actually, but I put intermediate tyres a bit too late so I had only one atempt to make a time.

R: Safe start on Softs, behind @Scott_Aitchison at the outside of T1 who was going a bit too slow so I easily overtook him to take 9th.
Quick battle against @amdavies then. I managed to overtake him at the hairpin exit at L3. P8 then P7 as @Clint58 has gone out of the track.

L6 : early stop to put mediums in order to catch cars already far ahead (~3s)

L15 : Battle for 4th against @KurvZ who was trying to save his tyres (right ?), but I didn't manage to overtake him. @Ludvig Petersson who came out from the pits caught us up and overtake both of us easily with his fresher tyres.
One lap later I've decided to stop 1 lap earlier to put another medium tyres as I was loosing a lot of time with my old tyres behind KurvZ.

L26 : P5. I managed to close the gap between I and @Punisher (who was very slow btw). But unfortunatly I struggle a lot on this game to save my tyres so I wasn't even able to try an overtake. Behind me @Footyad24 had no trouble to overtake me one lap later. P6
Crossed the line P6, but actually P5 as Footyad has got a time penalty

Sorry the bad english, it's 1:17am here :sleep:

Reactions: Ctzn Ely and H_pro1

Punisher

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 17, 2014
Q: P11. Not a bad pace actually, but I put intermediate tyres a bit too late so I had only one atempt to make a time.

R: Safe start on Softs, behind @Scott_Aitchison at the outside of T1 who was going a bit too slow so I easily overtook him to take 9th.
Quick battle against @amdavies then. I managed to overtake him at the hairpin exit at L3. P8 then P7 as @Clint58 has gone out of the track.

L6 : early stop to put mediums in order to catch cars already far ahead (~3s)

L15 : Battle for 4th against @KurvZ who was trying to save his tyres (right ?), but I didn't manage to overtake him. @Ludvig Petersson who came out from the pits caught us up and overtake both of us easily with his fresher tyres.
One lap later I've decided to stop 1 lap earlier to put another medium tyres as I was loosing a lot of time with my old tyres behind KurvZ.

L26 : P5. I managed to close the gap between I and @Punisher (who was very slow btw). But unfortunatly I struggle a lot on this game to save my tyres so I wasn't even able to try an overtake. Behind me @Footyad24 had no trouble to overtake me one lap later. P6
Crossed the line P6, but actually P5 as Footyad has got a time penalty

Sorry the bad english, it's 1:17am here :sleep:
I got dive bombed a few laps before and lost alot of my wing which made me lose around 1.5 to 2 seconds a lap which was why I was so slow. Was lucky to be able to keep you behind!