AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014

Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix
Season 10

Race Information:

Date: Sun 29th November
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Shanghai International Circuit

If you are unable to attend the race, PLEASE advise your League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

Track Guide:

TRL Maguire

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 28, 2015
wont be racing tonight. Didn't sign up for no racing line and don't have the time to practice without it

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Certainly a "race of two halves" this, as I described it on the commentary. A lot of great close battling in the first half, but then it really calmed down with people getting a bit spread out in the second half - obviously not helped by the the unfortunate issues that @Leoobot, @Pryde, @I Jason97F1 I & @HunterStayl suffered, and then @TRL Martin's ghost car creating some imaginary drama! Also, the undercut was frickin' insane, as I'm sure @TRL Limitless will attest to lol.

Unlucky to those who had problems - I hope the game treats you better in the next one. And as for the rest of you, well done on the points, and @TRL Martin again on the win!

TRL Martin

S10 AOR X360 F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
YES!! What a feeling :):) Probably the most satisfying and best win since I started league racing on F1 2012 in TRL. I did get some stick from running the line for the first two races, but to turn it off and immediately grab the win is a massive confidence boost.

It wasn't perfect though, qualifying was nearly shambolic. First lap at turn 1 I went carried way to much speed and went flying on the grass, not a good start. Second lap, turn 1 again, turned in too early and locked up on the kerb and went straight on. To be fair there was a Sauber parked just before the apex of the corner coming out of the pits which caught me off guard a little bit. Third lap was okay, very tentative first corner but a decent 33.0 to put me 3rd.

Start was so intense, my goal was to get past Yii asap and follow JD before the first round of stops. I went pretty much side by side with Yii for the first 6 corners and managed to catch and follow JD before pitting on 4. From practice I knew the undercut was more powerful than others thought I'm guessing from practicing with brociek. After pitting it was just about consistency and making sure the degradation was around 0.2-0.3 a lap. Didn't really pay much thought about the lack of a line, felt a drove one of the most consistent races but lost a fraction of speed which is a positive.

Managed to maintain track position and extend my leads after every stop which made things easier. Final two laps I suffered a drop off of around 0.5 a lap which made things concerning towards the end but managed to grab the win by just under 2 seconds.

3 wins out of 3 and to be in this position is a huge surprise. Driving better than ever at the moment, but I refuse to switch off and show complacency. I have had leads in championships at the start before in TRL Monday 2012 and TRL Monday 2014 and they were eroded down after a poor runs. I refuse to have that happen in this league, try to learn from mistakes and taking it one race at a time. I seen reports and incidents of ghost cars which is a big shame. First time it's happened in a long time, praying it's a one off as I don't like to see it dictate a race.

Bahrain next, like the track a lot. Just got to avoid mounting kerbs and hitting bollards which blow up your car. GG codies:facepalm:
See you on Sunday (y)(y)(y)

Greedy Chris x

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 22, 2015
Thinking about changing my GT to Max Chilton
Na but seriously i need to practice this game more in terms of putting a lap together and race consistency. I did a few qualy laps practice right before the race, only one of those practice laps was in 1.33 as i couldn't get a lap together so wasn't suprised to be the only one in the 1.34's. But for me i knew that in races i tend to do better as its not just about 1 lap, and i managed to stick with the guys ahead using yii and lest to drag me forward. But i hadn't done a single race simulation practice and it showed as as the race went on i started to make even bigger mistakes, locking up into the penultimate hairpin dropped me out of Lest's DRS then the guys ahead kept undercutting me as i pitted a lap later every stint. But my pace in the second half of races is non-eistence right now so i'm gonna try do some full race practices before Bahrain see it that helps because a few laps on TT and just doing the first stint in practice is clearly not working. Hopefully i have the time as i like the racing Bahrain tends to produce so it would be good to have some race long battles for once.
Oh and overtaking Martins ghost car was for sure a nice feeling though not real lol

Reactions: FisiFan91

F1Maestro26

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 12, 2015
Sorry for the slight delay with updating the tables guys, but here are the China Results. Congrats once again to @TRL Martin on his third win in a row and extending his championship lead!

Reactions: FisiFan91

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Here you can watch back [a slightly edited version of] Sunday's livestream: