PS4 - Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix - AOR Hype Energy North American F1 Leagues - Season 1 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix - AOR Hype Energy North American F1 Leagues - Season 1

Seca

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 15, 2016
Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 North America Leagues - Season 1

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 14th October 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (ES time)
Circuit: Shanghai International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@No_Ideas
@Pxcam
@OilerRyan97

Last edited by a moderator:

ColeBurch14

Pro Karter
Mar 29, 2018
@Seca Is there a seat open for me this weekend? Sorry about missing the race last weekend a family thing came up and I got home too late for the start.

• Informative
Reactions: Jason007

Seca

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 15, 2016
I don't have high hopes for this race. While I don't dislike the track I struggle here.

OilerRyan97

Formula Karter
May 4, 2017
Hi, just a reminder that I won’t be able to make the race today. I’ll be back for next week’s race. Good luck!

• Informative
Reactions: Jason007

kingbrat20010

Formula Karter
Jan 13, 2018
It was almost a good race for me until @kingbrat20010 and i collided . @kingbrat20010 do you have video of when you came back on track?

No but I wish I had, and I wasn’t coming back on to the track. Diego made contact with my side pod and that Unsettled the car, so I was trying my hardest not to spin in the middle of the track where it could of been worst for most people coming. I don’t know what Diego was thinking when he had the whole same track to himself.

theevilisback

Formula Karter
Sep 29, 2018
Hey, got a couple questions:

I got a warning during qualifying for "speeding in pit lane" when I was at 80 as I crossed... I even had the pit limiter on about 100 meters before the line. Does that impact anything in the long run?

Second: Anyone have any video of what Gbrune did late in the race to spin me out (Lap 25) that ultimately cost me 3 spots, until whatever happened on lap 27 to give me back a spot.

Third: Do the points that me and Cole get as backups count towards anything and can we be added SOMEWHERE in the standings to make us feel better? :p

Fourth: Is Diego really Lewis Hamilton in disguise? Two poles, two wins

Fifthly: @Seca here's my POV of that incident, you can kind of see Diego spin out King which ultimately led into you going into him.
Finally: I saw the incident brought up with @gordow3497. Figured I should apologize here also. I honestly thought that Zergo was behind me, and with both of us coming out of the pits with minimal space I assumed I had him right up behind me. I'm happy in the end you both outqualified me and outfinished me though :)

You guys are insane and at the same time fun as hell to play with. Now I just need to add you guys on PSN to practice with instead of these awful people that made my safety rating drop to D :(

Reactions: ColeBurch14

gbrune

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 30, 2018
what Gbrune did late in the race to spin me out
sorry man. I don't have the video but I was going inside on a left hander and I tapped your left rear. I had almost overtaken you a couple turns before and was on fresher tires. Thought you were going wide but at the last sec you kinda came back in and I had 2 wheels off the track. I probably should have waited for the long straight, but was trying to catch back up to the pack on yellows and was trying to not fall too far behind them.

theevilisback

Formula Karter
Sep 29, 2018
sorry man. I don't have the video but I was going inside on a left hander and I tapped your left rear. I had almost overtaken you a couple turns before and was on fresher tires. Thought you were going wide but at the last sec you kinda came back in and I had 2 wheels off the track. I probably should have waited for the long straight, but was trying to catch back up to the pack on yellows and was trying to not fall too far behind them.
All good. Was a little upset and even said like half a lap prior to that on stream that I was fighting to keep this spot even though you guys had the fresher tires. I really need to stop doing the hole commentator curse thing, it's getting old fast :)

ColeBurch14

Pro Karter
Mar 29, 2018
I forgot to record my gameplay so this review is going to be based purely off memory so It will not be that specific.
Qual: 11
Race: 6

Qual- I had about a second of time to gain but i spun twice trying to push through turn 10 but was overall happy because I ended up the first position with a free choice of tires so I would be able to pull off the one stop

Race:
Stint 1- I spun on the formation lap trying to spin up the rears so my tires were so cold on the start that everyone flew past me like I was standing still. Ended up around P15 or so but managed to work my way up through the next couple laps to around P11. lap 3 going into turn 14 the car in front of me went into the turn much slower than I had expected so I rear ended him and got some wing damage. The wing damage made me struggle through the rest of this stint, especially in the long sweepers(like half the track). had some good battles with the midfield and really enjoyed the racing here. Ended up pitting for mediums and a new wing.

Stint 2- Came out on the mediums and was struggling to find pace on them, got stuck in traffic for about 4-5 laps and was unable to pass due to lack of pace and trying to save tires due to pitting a few laps early to change wing.

Safety car- Very happy the safety car came out, I immediately pitted for softs and ended up joining the pack around P11 and ready to race till the end, I notice that @Jason007 puts himself on the US behind me so I'm ready for a battle with him to hold him off.

Stint 3- great fun racing here, me and Jason swapped positions a couple of times while passing some others in front of us, eventually in the last couple of laps his tires start to fall of and I am able to pull away. I start to pull up on GBrune in the last couple of laps, if I had another lap I think I could have gotten by but I ended up in P6 and am incredibly happy with that.

Overall: Very fun race, really enjoyed it and was very clean for the entire race barring the small slip up by me in my first stint. Congrats again to diego, class of his own pace wise, hopefully he'll miss a couple races so the rest of us have a chance to race for a win.