PS4 - Round 4 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix [4/11/18 8:00 PM U.K.] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 4 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix [4/11/18 8:00 PM U.K.]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

ELIT3_gam3boy

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 24, 2016
Round 4 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 4th November 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Baku City Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Bit of warning to everyone.

Cars that have crashed in the castle section on this game are prone to not ghosting. Take care if you see a car sideways on the track in front of you.

It's been too damn long looking forward to defending my lead :D

Sean B

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 6, 2015
@FTR_SergiMtZ double check the main thread I believe you have a penalty going into this race.

I'm happy to host this weekend as normal - however I am also moving into a house share which I've delayed until Monday so depending on me speed test results we may need a new host.

All in all whilst the attendance hasn't been the greatest we are in fact one of, if not THE, cleanest PS4 league and maybe across the board too.

Long may that continue lads!

Reactions: xMtZx_

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
@FTR_SergiMtZ double check the main thread I believe you have a penalty going into this race.

I'm happy to host this weekend as normal - however I am also moving into a house share which I've delayed until Monday so depending on me speed test results we may need a new host.

All in all whilst the attendance hasn't been the greatest we are in fact one of, if not THE, cleanest PS4 league and maybe across the board too.

Long may that continue lads!
Brace yourself. The late sign ups will be coming ;)

Sean B

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 6, 2015
@DemoN you must be anxious to get going, especially since your closest rival is starting from the back of the grid

I should really start turning a wheel round here - can't get to grips with this track

What's a competitive time in quali?

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
I expect pole position will be a low 37 on the ultrasofts. Best lap I have done is a 37.6 on the super softs but not sure I'd be able to replicate that pace.

Reactions: Roadhouse

Sean B

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 6, 2015
I'm assuming the faster strategy is likely to be SS-S then? How long do the ultras last?

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Long enough. Both US S, SS S and two stops are viable options. Really just depends what the grid tends to go for in quali on how it'll play out.

Sean B

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 6, 2015
This should be a good one then!

Any news on our commentators?

TheMightyBucket-

Pro Karter
Jul 9, 2018
Not looking forward to this one the castle section scares me! I'll be happy to come away with a point. My money is on @DemoN having seen his sweaty 36.1 in TT xD

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Not looking forward to this one the castle section scares me! I'll be happy to come away with a point. My money is on @DemoN having seen his sweaty 36.1 in TT xD
Not even done a 36 online yet though xD

Gonna be a tough race I think. @TheogGR1 has been very strong here in previous seasons.

TheogGR1

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Aug 12, 2015
Not even done a 36 online yet though xD

Gonna be a tough race I think. @TheogGR1 has been very strong here in previous seasons.
If the sweat from the previous games somehow carries over then yeah I will be fast otherwise I wont ;)

TheogGR1

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Aug 12, 2015
Was in a comfortable 4th when i disconnected.. Rejoined asap and the game let me take control of the car after the turning and braking point for the castle section.. so I ended up in the wall and poor @Mikkel Sørensen who was right behind me got collected and his race ended.. sorry mate :(
Was in 11th after that but out of frustration I destroyed my car before the finish line.

@ELIT3_gam3boy The whole session you had that red cross over your car from my pov. Your car blocked me in qualifying. In the race I had to pass your car and it was going very slowly, even said that you were P4 and I was P5 when I overtook "you". Think it was lap 20 or something